New York Yankees Official Thread - vs Mets; 60-42 - Let’s Make a Deal

He knew the writing was on the wall, probably wasn't going to pitch in the playoffs tbh

But what a sad way to go out :lol:

Cole starting game 1, I wonder what’s his excuse after he gets hit up for 2 homers and 4 runs.
This idea that Cole isn't a good postseason pitcher is weird. Going off one start last year is really dumb. He has a sub 3 era in 86 IP for his career in the postseason. I'll never understand why people **** on Cole so bad. He's paid a lot, yes, but he's really really good. Some people just have unreal expectations. Highest paid players doesn't = best player. Age, FA timing, stuff like that matters. Would people like him more if we're paid less? If so, that's dumb imo.

This idea that Cole isn't a good postseason pitcher is weird. Going off one start last year is really dumb. He has a sub 3 era in 86 IP for his career in the postseason. I'll never understand why people **** on Cole so bad. He's paid a lot, yes, but he's really really good. Some people just have unreal expectations. Highest paid players doesn't = best player. Age, FA timing, stuff like that matters. Would people like him more if we're paid less? If so, that's dumb imo.
Coles playoffs ERA is composed mostly of the Astro days when he used spider Tac.

Speaking of paid less. If everyone in our rotation made the same amount of money you can honestly say they would start Cole game 1? Just speaking for this season.

Speaking of paid less. If everyone in our rotation made the same amount of money you can honestly say they would start Cole game 1? Just speaking for this season.
Yes, Cole is the ace of the staff. Nestor had a great year but he hasn't taken that away from Cole. I'd absolutely throw the vet in game 1 and let Nestor sit and get a feel for the postseason atmosphere before going in game 2.

Dueces

We'll have the memories right ?

tgchiovzso71rfxzldef.jpeg

:stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom