New York Yankees Official Thread - vs O’s, 51-24 - Cole back!

Meh. At everything I’ve seen pitch clock wise.

Like each of the big 3 sports, broadcast television is what lengthens the game more than anything.

And maybe 2-1/2 hr games boost ratings slightly. But baseball isn’t where it is popularity wise for many reasons that have nothing to do with the game being 2:30-2:40 instead of 3:05

baseball is what it is... you either like it or you dont... besides speeding the game up I dont see how it will change the game or make casuals more interested

Like each of the big 3 sports, broadcast television is what lengthens the game more than anything.

And maybe 2-1/2 hr games boost ratings slightly. But baseball isn’t where it is popularity wise for many reasons that have nothing to do with the game being 2:30-2:40 instead of 3:05

I agree - their struggle is getting kids to watch/participate - in the NY area I hear its a struggle to get kids to join little league and there are less teams now then early 2000s - population up but teams down? yikes
whats to blame? video games - social media - youth basketball and youth soccer -

this from father I know whos kid was in little league - its become the haves and have nots - it used to be like this - each team had a special kid or two - the area/district had good competition and the best players are picked for the all star team to represent the district in regionals etc - now its super teams already formed(i'm sure some of that happened 15-70 years ago also, but not this level) with kids that been training hard since 6, all know each other and look down at the kids just getting into the sport....his son was one of these kids thinking hes going to learn and earn playing time quickly realized he was on the scrub team and lost all interest for the sport never gained the love of the sport on the field like his dad did.

i'm sure thats happens in other youth sports as well - but kids are just not playing this sport as much even if they had avg to little talent. when I was young baseball was my weakest sport but i'd still play it and loved playing it

another note my friend gave me, when he was in little league it was about finding the kids best spot to play during season - now your kid better be legit at a spot already and they don't take turns with kids pitching - these good teams have good to great pitching already so they dominate - which makes games boring for the kids learning the sport. getting shutout 3 games in row is no fun.

wheres the love? how to get kids into this sport is what MLB needs to be working on

Even with whatever these guys are. I wouldn’t bat Donaldson better than 8th

897A77B3-C4BB-4291-8AF6-E6F60C5DE475.jpeg

I agree - their struggle is getting kids to watch/participate - in the NY area I hear its a struggle to get kids to join little league and there are less teams now then early 2000s - population up but teams down? yikes
whats to blame? video games - social media - youth basketball and youth soccer -

this from father I know whos kid was in little league - its become the haves and have nots - it used to be like this - each team had a special kid or two - the area/district had good competition and the best players are picked for the all star team to represent the district in regionals etc - now its super teams already formed(i'm sure some of that happened 15-70 years ago also, but not this level) with kids that been training hard since 6, all know each other and look down at the kids just getting into the sport....his son was one of these kids thinking hes going to learn and earn playing time quickly realized he was on the scrub team and lost all interest for the sport never gained the love of the sport on the field like his dad did.

i'm sure thats happens in other youth sports as well - but kids are just not playing this sport as much even if they had avg to little talent. when I was young baseball was my weakest sport but i'd still play it and loved playing it

another note my friend gave me, when he was in little league it was about finding the kids best spot to play during season - now your kid better be legit at a spot already and they don't take turns with kids pitching - these good teams have good to great pitching already so they dominate - which makes games boring for the kids learning the sport. getting shutout 3 games in row is no fun.

wheres the love? how to get kids into this sport is what MLB needs to be working on

exactly what happened to my son when he was little. i grew up where everyone in my neighborhood played all sports all year round. my son played one yr of tee ball and wanted nothing to do with playing unless it was on playstation :smh:

to me it's video games and the lack of leagues to play in here in NYC. kids in the city nowadays have lost all interest in sports and i believe it's cause they don't go outside anymore stuck in front of their gaming systems. i swore my son was gonna make the big leagues as much as i loved it, everyone thought so as well. it killed me the day he said he did'nt wanna play no more , it's boring. times have changed, the game is so popular on the islands and other countries cause it's a way out. u see those kids playin with milk carton gloves developing a real love, ain't like that here. gonna be awhile before it gains it's popularity back in the states ....

exactly what happened to my son when he was little. i grew up where everyone in my neighborhood played all sports all year round. my son played one yr of tee ball and wanted nothing to do with playing unless it was on playstation :smh:

to me it's video games and the lack of leagues to play in here in NYC. kids in the city nowadays have lost all interest in sports and i believe it's cause they don't go outside anymore stuck in front of their gaming systems. i swore my son was gonna make the big leagues as much as i loved it, everyone thought so as well. it killed me the day he said he did'nt wanna play no more , it's boring. times have changed, the game is so popular on the islands and other countries cause it's a way out. u see those kids playin with milk carton gloves developing a real love, ain't like that here. gonna be awhile before it gains it's popularity back in the states ....
Doing everything I can to get my kids to like playing. One just turned 3 so he is still young. One just turned 6 and he played tball last year and liked it. Got him a legit Rawlings glove for Christmas and he loved it. He wanted to play again this year. He watches the Yankee games with me and always asking questions, so fingers crossed he stays into it :lol:

Imo it has more to do with less dead time between pitches than totle game length. Less dead time, more action. Sign me up.

One of the better spring lineups we'll put out there. No Trevino or Torres but everyone in this lineup will probably play a lot this year. Hope we end up with a different LF and 2b at some point.

1677694131030.png

All the Yankees I’ve met in person and got an auto from

AB435B29-7CB0-4252-AAF4-A756D73A461E.jpeg

Row 1: Girardi, Gooden, Boggs, Mickey Rivers, Ken Singleton with “Lookout” inscription, Tim Rainss
Row 2: Randolph, Colon, Mattingly, Justice, Sierra, Henderson
Row 3: Cone, CC, Charlie Hayes, Reggie, Cecil, John Sterling with a “That’s Baseball Suzyn” inscription
Row 4: El Duque, Tino, Bernie, Matsui, Canseco, Strawberry

I’m probably like 1/5 of the guys I want.

I've never really understood autographs, personally. But I realize I'm a weirdo that collects sneakers so I'm in no position to judge anyone for their weird ****.

😂😂😂😂😂

You realize by making that post you are dunking on dude WHO just posted his YANKEES autos?

dblplay1212 dblplay1212
Na didn't mean it to be like that. Seeing all the autographs made me think of it. I've never understood it but some people like it so I'm glad it makes them happy. We all do weird ****, I'm not one to judge.

Na didn't mean it to be like that. Seeing all the autographs made me think of it. I've never understood it but some people like it so I'm glad it makes them happy. We all do weird ****, I'm not one to judge.

BRO again calling it “weird” ain’t helping 😂😂😂😂😂

What’s weird to you is normal to others man

BRO again calling it “weird” ain’t helping 😂😂😂😂😂

What’s weird to you is normal to others man
Right, that's my point. I do weird **** too. That's why I'm not judging. But collecting signatures of people is weird. No shade, no judging, just facts. Seeing others do weird **** makes me feel better about my weird ****.

Back
Top Bottom