New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

pettite gotta chill with wanting more money, 10 million is more than enough for what he gave us. there's a report now that cc is being offered a contractfrom the giants. i can see a scenario where all these pitchers spurn us and we wind up with no one ( cc giants, burnett braves and lowe sox )

hopefully cash money got a backup plan cause it's starting to look bleek ..........

I dunno, I'd rather get Tex than Manny. Dude is a switch hitter, a perfect 4 or 3 guy. And he is a gold glove caliber defender. He doesn't have thehuge power like A-Rod, but he can def hit 25-35 every eyar easy.

Hypotheticalyl speaking, if Manny were to come to the Yankees, that would mean Abreu is gone, correct? And Nady wouldbe shifted to RF?

It seems too good to be true.

As the Winter Meetings draw closer, teams are making moves.

The Padres are about to complete a trade that would send SS Khalil Greene to the Cardinals. … The Giants have signed SS EdgarRenteria to a two-year contract.

How does this impact the Yankees? The Giants have now added Renteria (two years and a reported $18 million), Jeremy Affeldt (twoyears, $8 million) and Bobby Howry (one year, $2.75 million). So they have already added approximately $16 million to their payroll. Are they now going to goall in and chase CC Sabathia as well? If they spend more money, doesn't it have to be on offense?
Meanwhile, doestrading away Greene mean the Padres can keep Jake Peavy?

if we can trade matsui anywhere i think it's the giants. they need offense and if they sign cc they will have more than enough pitching. maybe matsui and acouple minor leaguers can land us matt cain. just a thought ..........

What ever happened to the days when as soon as we dropped a number, we'd have a player
nerd.gif

This suspense is killing me.

Originally Posted by Yoda

What ever happened to the days when as soon as we dropped a number, we'd have a player
nerd.gif

This suspense is killing me.
I know me too
laugh.gif
...I have a feeling C.C. just realydoesn't wanna come to NY....Isn't he from Cali? He would be perfect with the Giants....No pressure at all in S.F. really....

C.C. & Timmy?
eek.gif

[h1]Lowe Receives Two Offers[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [December 4 at 5:27pm CST]

5:27pm: George King at the New York Post has details onthe Cashman-Boras meeting. An offer for Lowe is not mentioned, but a reluctance to offer Lowe five years is cited. As for the Boras clients beyond Lowe thatwere discussed, King explicitly mentions Mark Teixeira, Manny Ramirez, and Oliver Perez.

Just saying NO to LOWE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(hopefully)

Discussing... Manny, Teixeria =
pimp.gif

any chance the Yankees would take a risk on Brad Penny?...i'm assuming his market value has to be pretty low right now...

If Ollie becomes a Yankee, are they gonna let him wear 46?

You know what happens when new Yankees take on numbers of former, established Yankee stars (cough, Latroy Hawkins, cough)

I'm almost sure we're not getting CC.

He's had $140 million+ sitting on the table for too long. I don't think he wants to come to NY.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

If Ollie becomes a Yankee, are they gonna let him wear 46?

You know what happens when new Yankees take on numbers of former, established Yankee stars (cough, Latroy Hawkins, cough)
Well if Andy doesn't come back, but goes to say the Dodgers or back to the Astros, 46 is available, and I have a feeling the fans wouldn'tmind someone else other than Andy wearing it.

"The Associated Press is reporting that Brian Cashman will meet this weekend with CC Sabathia. It would seem the Yankees want to get something done in advance of the Winter Meetings. That would certainly improve their leverage as they engage in other discussions."

It appears likely A.J. Burnett will be signed before the Winter Meetings.

The Braves have made the right-hander a four-year offer with a vesting option for a fifth season according to reports out of Atlanta. The Yankees are expected to counter that offer sometime tomorrow if they have not already.

The Yankees are not believed to be interested in a long-term deal with Burnett, so their offer could be for a shorter-term deal but with a higher average annual value.

The Braves are believed to have offered four years and $64 million.

Meanwhile, Giants GM Brian Sabean said tonight that his team is not planning to make an offer to CC Sabathia, acknowledging that other teams can outmuscle them financially.

supposedly delman young is on the market. what do you guys think ? i think he's a good hitter and best of all he's young ( no pun ) 23 years old.

kid hits like bj upton, this is something the yanks should look into imo. he might be too much of a headcase though , your thoughts ?

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

He's had $140 million+ sitting on the table for too long. I don't think he wants to come to NY.
I don't think there is much of a market... him not wanting to come here does make some sense... but if no one ends up reallyoffering anything close to NY, I just don't see him turning the Yanks offer down.
We'll see what happens though I suppose.

[h1]Stark's Latest: Burnett, Cantu, Lowe, Furcal[/h1]
By Alex Walsh [December 4 at 8:32pm CST]

Jayson Stark's got a heaping helping of hot stove updates in his most recent blog post at ESPN.com.
  • We're still waiting for another team to come close to the Yankees' offer for C.C. Sabathia. Stark suggests Sabathia may make up his mind by next week.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

i belive this too , all the angels need to do is match the offer and hes a angel .He wants to be close to his family
frown.gif

If CC becomes a Yankee, I'll honestly be very surprised.

I never got the vibe he wanted to be a Yankee, especially when he was playing for the Brewers during the latter part of the season.

Obviously CC doesnt seem like he wants toplay for the Yanks. i mean the money is out there and i doubt anyone can put out the money the Yanks did for him... iwonder what hes waiting for.

I don't understand why people wouldn't want to play for the Yankees. I mean if you want to make a name for yourself the Yankees are perfect. Sure thereis more pressure, but don't the best want to be under the most pressure possible. I just don't understand some of these players.

Back
Top Bottom