New York YANKEES spring training thread......... 2 days until season starts: LETS GO YANKEES!

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

If you think Bedard would be able to handle NY your out of your mind. He cant take the pressure in Seattle and barely cares about baseball. If the Yankees gave up anything significant for him George should fire everyone. Remember this is a team that wanted A prospects for Jarrod Washburn. Imagine what they would want for a guy that they got for Adam Jones and George Sherill.

I don't think that's fully accurate, he was injured most of the season I don't think it had anything to do w/the pressure. But Im' 100% behind you that they shouldn't trade for him because of the high demand the Mariners would want back in return.

If the Padres are considering including Greene in the deal, does anyone else think the Yanks might hang Cano out there as bait?

I haven't been in baseball mode for a couple of weeks trying to focus on the destruction of the Cowboys and the faint possibility of a good season from the Knicks
laugh.gif

Bedard is talented but gutless. He's like Pavano...

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

If you think Bedard would be able to handle NY your out of your mind. He cant take the pressure in Seattle and barely cares about baseball. If the Yankees gave up anything significant for him George should fire everyone. Remember this is a team that wanted A prospects for Jarrod Washburn. Imagine what they would want for a guy that they got for Adam Jones and George Sherill.

I don't think that's fully accurate, he was injured most of the season I don't think it had anything to do w/the pressure. But Im' 100% behind you that they shouldn't trade for him because of the high demand the Mariners would want back in return.

If the Padres are considering including Greene in the deal, does anyone else think the Yanks might hang Cano out there as bait?

I haven't been in baseball mode for a couple of weeks trying to focus on the destruction of the Cowboys and the faint possibility of a good season from the Knicks
laugh.gif

I don't think he's gutless and I don't think he's even close to being what Pavano was for the fact that he's pitched and succeeded for themost part in the AL East.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

laugh.gif
I don't think he's gutless and I don't think he's even close to being what Pavano was for the fact that he's pitched and succeeded for the most part in the AL East.
No, Bedard is gutless. He's someone you don't what on your team.
I live in Seattle right now & read/heard all about Bedard and his antics this past season.

The Yankees do NOT want this guy on their team.

Bedard needed his own special catcher.
Bedard would NEVER talk to the media.
He wouldn't pitch if he was even semi-hurt.
He had a reputation of having a bad attitude in the clubhouse.
Etc etc etc

He could NOT make it in New York City.

^ If you put it that way then Caliendo I apologize lol.

Seriously if we get Peavy and another front end starter and we put our intelligent NT minds together and get to either a Friday night or Saturday daygame...and in the same area as each other...I got the first round lol...preferably against the Rays/Sox because God knows there will be mad %$*$@$! Rays fanspopping up out of the bushes next year...but to the real fans I've seen all season like HTTB, 201, Fede, Caliendo, Dunkaroos, bkmac I know I'm missinga few.

I saw some dude in a Rays jersey at the Van Wyck Blvd station on the F one night...I was like what the (censored word)

4:27pm: Peavy would need "alot of convincing" to improve a trade to any AL team, according to his agent.

3:25pm: The Astros haven't inquired on Peavyrecently, but Peavy would definitely waive his no-trade clause to play for Houston. In fact, it might be his top choice. Astros GM Ed Wade did ask aboutPeavy in July.

3:06pm: Buster Olney has more. Peavy has indicated interest only in the fivepreviously mentioned NL teams. Olney says Peavy has not given any indication that he'd accept a deal to the Yankees or any other AL team. Still, thePadres will gauge interest from American League teams because talks with NL clubs aren't close. Olney says the Yanks have discussed Peavy internally butdoesn't say whether Brian Cashman has discussed it with Kevin Towers.

I wish I could catch a Yankees game at the stadium.
frown.gif

Glad to hear that Joba is coming back as a starter.

Now all we need to do is re-sign Carl "Cy Young" Pavano and our rotation will be set.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

[h1]Heyman's Latest: Yankees Offseason Plans[/h1]
By Alejandro Leal [October 18 at 9:45am CST]

The latest column by John Heyman of SI.comis full of all kinds of Yankees notes:
  • They will pursue a top-of-the-rotation starter, and yes, C.C. Sabathia is one of them, but the list also includes A.J. Burnett, Jake Peavy, Derek Lowe, and possibly Ben Sheets. As we wrote yesterday, Peavy's agent said he'd need "a lot of convincing" to approve a deal to the American League.
  • According to Heyman the goal is for the Bombers to "secure more than one of them."
  • The Yankees have targeted Mark Teixeira but may also take a look at Manny Ramirez (Heyman has mentioned the Manny to the Yankees possibility before, as has Ken Resoenthal).
  • Interest in Teixeira almost certainly means that Jason Giambi is not returning in 2009.
  • Center Field is another position the Yankees hope to fill, but they may go the trade route and Heyman mentions Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy as possible trade bait.
  • If Mike Mussina decides to pitch again in 2009, the Yankees would want him back. A couple of weeks ago, Buster Olney wrote about a "growing sense" that Mussina would be returning for another season.

Working on a story now for the paper tomorrow. This is what is known so far:

Joba Chamberlain was arrested for driving under the influence early Saturday morning near his hometown of Lincoln, Neb.

Deborah Collins, a spokeswoman for the Nebraska State Patrol, said that the 23-year-old Chamberlain was pulled over after being observed speeding in a 2006 BMW 750i shortly after 1 a.m. on U.S. 77.

Chamberlain was arrested after an odor of alcohol was detected and an open container of alcohol was observed on the front passenger seat. Chamberlain was taken to the Cornhusker Place Detox and booked on charges of driving under the influence, having an open container of alcohol and speeding.

This story was broken, based on what I know, by the Journal Star newspaper in Lincoln.

Working on trying to obtain a comment from Joba, his agent, Brian Cashman and/or the Yankees. Nothing as of yet.

This post will be updated as more information becomes available.

UPDATE, 10:49 p.m.: The Yankees have no official comment on the arrest of Chamberlain according to Media Relations Director Jason Zillo.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Working on a story now for the paper tomorrow. This is what is known so far:

Joba Chamberlain was arrested for driving under the influence early Saturday morning near his hometown of Lincoln, Neb.

Deborah Collins, a spokeswoman for the Nebraska State Patrol, said that the 23-year-old Chamberlain was pulled over after being observed speeding in a 2006 BMW 750i shortly after 1 a.m. on U.S. 77.

Chamberlain was arrested after an odor of alcohol was detected and an open container of alcohol was observed on the front passenger seat. Chamberlain was taken to the Cornhusker Place Detox and booked on charges of driving under the influence, having an open container of alcohol and speeding.

This story was broken, based on what I know, by the Journal Star newspaper in Lincoln.

Working on trying to obtain a comment from Joba, his agent, Brian Cashman and/or the Yankees. Nothing as of yet.

This post will be updated as more information becomes available.

UPDATE, 10:49 p.m.: The Yankees have no official comment on the arrest of Chamberlain according to Media Relations Director Jason Zillo.
Ridin' the Wave...Oww
roll.gif
pimp.gif

That New York swag
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn Joba
tired.gif

I'm in for a Yankees game. I just need some advance notice to get my *** up there from Philly.

Forgot about 4wrestling too.

This is bad news from Joba. He can't do this kinda %%++ in Nebraska.

I don't think he'll be suspended though.

Back
Top Bottom