[[ New York Yankees vs. Minnesota Twins 2010 ALDS Series Post (NY wins 3-0, advance to the ALCS) ]]

I think Yanks win game one and Twins take game two

I think Liriano vs CC will set the tone for the series.... Liriano had the better year but CC still the more proven pitcher

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

the twins are the better team right now.

not sure how that is up for debate.

could be worse. You could be playing TB or TX. Both teams have your number this year. 
I almost think winning the WC instead of the division was not an accident. 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

^ yea I figured that out but I'm still furious

where and or when are the ACTUAL home game tickets going on sale?
Went on sale a week ago, sold out. You can go on ticketmaster and pull up singles in the $100+ range. Otherwise, stubhub, ticketmaster and craisglist are the only options.

yea I'll prob go the stub hub route...I'm still angry...oh well...i'll live

lets go Yankees

Only reason id rather have the Twins is because I want to beat Tampa in the ALCS, other than that any of em could get it. Regular season is done, playoffs are here. Go Yanks

Dear A-Rod:

Please repeat your '09 Postseason again. If it takes you reselling your soul to the devil again please do it.

I love you so much Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez.

Joey

Dear A-Rod:

Please repeat your '09 Postseason again. If it takes you reselling your soul to the devil again please do it.

Joey

Originally Posted by Digglo

Dear A-Rod:

Joey
Better hope him and Kate Hudson work somethin out. Otherwise it may be back to good old October Arod.

Im hoping people are joking when they really think Kate Hudson was the reason he played so well. Where was that dusty muffin all season? Arod still had a great year, all "strange" aside.

But he always has a great year. Its October when things start to go some type of way (except last year with Kate).

Spoiler [+]
kate-hudson-yankees-game.jpg

Spoiler [+]
You cant honestly think im serious about it being Kate Hudsons fault he played well. But he does need to play good in more than one postseason for people to start calling him an October Beast. Because last year aside he has disappeared every time.

New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi will announce his American League Division Series rotation on Tuesday and $82 million man A.J. Burnett is out, a baseball official with knowledge of the Yankees' thinking confirmed.

Girardi plans to use CC Sabathia for Game 1 against the Minnesota Twins and on short rest in Game 4. Andy Pettitte will be scheduled for Game 2 and would pitch on regular rest because of the off days before Game 5.

Phil Hughes will start Game 3 when the series moves from Minnesota to The Bronx.

The New York Post first reported the Yankees' planned playoff rotation in Tuesday's editions.

Girardi's news conference is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon in Minnesota.

The move to leave out Burnett is not shocking, since Girardi mulled removing Burnett from the rotation during the second half of the season. General manager Brian Cashman has said the Yankees' postseason rotation would be based on merit, not money.

Burnett is completing the second season of an $82.5 million, five-year contract, but has not come close to living up to his salary this season, in which he was 10-15 with a 5.26 ERA.

Last October, with the Yankees down a game in the World Series, Burnett won Game 2. Overall, he was inconsistent in the 2009 playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Twins plan on starting Francisco Liriano in Game 1, former Yankee Carl Pavano in Game 2, Brian Duensing in Game 3 and Nick Blackburn in Game 4.

Thats not a shock. The real shock would be if he is left off the rotation when it moves to the ALCS for a 7 game series. CC is a beast but he cant keep doing all

F Yuku, I had a nice little response about how they are prolly gonna hurt CC in the long run with all these short starts and just str8 workin him like a dog. But Yuku !%+@#%% around.

Either way Burnett not starting the ALDS is no surprise, he has sucked all year. I would be surprised if they stick with the 3 man rotation this year in the ALCS (if they do happen to get there). I know it worked last year. But I dont know, something tells me they gonna try to give Burnett atleast a game in the ALCS even tho it goes against everything evoery one in that organization is prolly thinking right now.

It's a good move honestly. Put his $!+ in the pen and use him as a set up man. He doesn't deserve to start in the post season.

If I'm Joe I swap Hughes and Pettitte simply because game 3 is the most important game of a series...but this is good news regardless

For this series, JPZ, 651, and all Twins fans are my brothers.

LET'S
GO

TWINS!

*clap, clap*
*clap, clap, clap*

LET'S
GO

TWINS!

*clap, clap*
*clap, clap, clap*

Spoiler [+]
Yankees in 5
frown.gif

Javy left off the roster entirely.

Golson, Mosley, Kearns all on the ALDS roster.

I'd probably let Javy on the team ahead of Mosley...but oh well.

I wouldnt be surprised, people actually credit last years playoff performance to some strange he was getting. They guy wont ever be Mr. October but he sure is nice to have healthy at this time of year.

I hope we dont have to use Burnett all playoffs!

- Mitre and Moseley make the roster over Gaudin, Ring, Vazquez and Nova. Golson wins spot over Nunez.

- Yankees ALDS pitchers: Sabathia (G1), Pettitte (G2), Hughes (G3),

- BULLPEN = Burnett, Mitre, Moseley, Chamberlain, Wood, Robertson, Logan, Rivera

- NYY ALDS position roster: Teixeira, Cano, Jeter, ARod, Pena, Berkman, Posada, Cervelli, Swisher, Gardner, Granderson, Kearns, Golson, Thames

Lets go Yankees!!

That's cuz Moseley MOSE 'em down.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yankees have had trouble stringing together hits on a consistent basis in September. Now that the playoffs are set to begin, hope they turn things around.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom