NEWS DAVE CHAPPELLE STORMS OFF STAGE Throws Tantrum Over Noisy Crowd

What did the five fingers say to Dave Chappelle? GIMME MY MONEY BACK!!

Chappelle is under fire after storming off the stage at a comedy show in Connecticut last night. The comic apparently had a meltdown after being heckled by people in the crowd.

Chappelle had only been on stage for a few minutes when he started to become frustrated with the number of comments from the audience.

Chappelle stopped his routine -- lectured the crowd about heckling -- and then quietly sat on a stool for the next 25 minutes before finally walking off stage.

At one point during the meltdown, Chappelle told the crowd -- "I f**ked up when I left my show, you know why? 'Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television. I could've went on television, I could've read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would've got $50 million dollars. I shoulda done that sh*t but my ego wouldn't let me. Tonight is different. Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left. and when my 3 minutes is up, my *** is gone."

When people started to boo the comic, Chappelle responded, "You're booing yourself."

After the show, dozens of fans demanded a refund.

It's not the first time Chappelle has exhibited bizarre behavior -- he stopped his show in Miami back in 2011 to check his text messages ... and in 2010, he "freaked out" on a flight from Jersey to Ohio.

Last edited:
Went to his show here in Atlanta a few months back. He was great, but a few people in the stands kept trying to heckle him by saying the familiar catch phrases and stuff. The crowd kept telling those few individuals to shut up and shhh.
Dave's a cool dude, its those few but hole fans that just want him to say the catchphrases that gets on his nerves.

I still like him tho
ohwell.gif

I told dudes. Glad I didn't go....I heard about this early. I know he got issues but I woulda been pisses if my money was wasted

Went to his show here in Atlanta a few months back. He was great, but a few people in the stands kept trying to heckle him by saying the familiar catch phrases and stuff. The crowd kept telling those few individuals to shut up and shhh.
Dave's a cool dude, its those few but hole fans that just want him to say the catchphrases that gets on his nerves.
I also there at a show in Atl.. went well if you asked me. I did hear dudes in the crowd trying to get him to say phrases from Chappelle show and what not. But he also said he had a problem with hecklers in Tennessee..or Kentucky. One of those places. 

How about if you were at the Ct show, would you still like him then?. i hope his" loyal fans" get a refund

I didn't go on purpose cuz I had a feelin it'd either be wack......or something like this would happen. I'd def want my money back an I woulda talked s_ to whoever was in there tryna be a smart ads that set Dave off. Lose lose situation. So then my sis text me last night prob soon as it went down......I call this girl miss info. She be quick with the gossip. I was like I told ya!

Last edited:
From all the current reports, it seems like he hit his boiling point in this city.

Even though he should stay professional when these type of situations happen, I wasn't there so I don't know if crowd noise was unbearable or not.

Waiting for more info...

This is plain tragic. Chappelle is one of tg thee most talented comedians ever so hearing him struggling with hecklers sucks

Problem with Dave now is that people no longer laugh with him but rather at him. It's been very easy to see for awhile.

Last edited:
That was HUGE reach by Ebony in making it a racial thing. HUGE reach.

He could have simply gone after each heckler like comedians normally do. Instead he took his ball and went home.

could be a reach from the crowd's aspect but for Dave's thought process I wouldn't doubt it at all, he's said this before

Dave is a cool dude & I could def. see him doing this because he's done it before. He hates it when people say those catch phrases over and over.

I've only seen him once live in-person and it was totally random.

My wife and I had planned our first trip to NYC back in 2010 and a couple months before, she bought some tickets to the Comedy Cellar for my birthday.

So we get there and comedian Dave Attell was supposed to be the last comedian doing stand-up that night, when they go to call his name, the dude on the mic goes - "You guys are in for a real treat tonight, let me introduce you all to comedian - Dave Chappelle...."...

We both thought he just said Chappelle instead of Attell by mistake or something, but nope...Chappelle came out and did about 2 hours of stand-up and it was hilarious.

We were sitting 2ft. from Dave, he looks high as **** in this pic...:pimp:

View media item 559646

But he def. was hilarious and was just really cool....talked to a lot of us in the audience and heckled a few people next to us...He didn't want to leave, he went on for about 2 hours and then ran out of material, so he just asked us in the crowd what we wanted to talk about and chopped it up with us for another hour or so. :lol: The Comedy Cellar is a tiny place so it def. gives you the chance to interact with these comedians, a more personal vibe for sure. He told us why he had to leave his show and why he went to Africa. One of the coolest dudes I've ever met. We told him we were from the Bay Area and after the show talked with him for a couple minutes and told us he's out here all the time and his sister stays out here.

Anyways, thats my story.

Last edited:
I went to the show in Austin last Friday. He had a good set and kept it together but I kinda knew he wouldn't make it through the whole tour without something like this happening. Hearing "I'm Rick James *****" every time someone sees you out has to wear at your patience and I'm sure it's that much worse when it's a whole section of the crowd.

I swear people are so effing stupid now a days. I applaud Dave for walking out on an obnoxious crowd. No one wants to perform with idiots in the crowd interrupting the performer with old jokes. I'm sure Dave still got paid and the audience didn't get their refunds.

Dave is a cool dude & I could def. see him doing this because he's done it before. He hates it when people say those catch phrases over and over.

I've only seen him once live in-person and it was totally random.

My wife and I had planned our first trip to NYC back in 2010 and a couple months before, she bought some tickets to the Comedy Cellar for my birthday.

So we get there and comedian Dave Attell was supposed to be the last comedian doing stand-up that night, when they go to call his name, the dude on the mic goes - "You guys are in for a real treat tonight, let me introduce you all to comedian - Dave Chappelle...."...

We both thought he just said Chappelle instead of Attell by mistake or something, but nope...Chappelle came out and did about 2 hours of stand-up and it was hilarious.

We were sitting 2ft. from Dave, he looks high as **** in this pic...:pimp:

View media item 559646

But he def. was hilarious and was just really cool....talked to a lot of us in the audience and heckled a few people next to us...He didn't want to leave, he went on for about 2 hours and then ran out of material, so he just asked us in the crowd what we wanted to talk about and chopped it up with us for another hour or so. :lol: The Comedy Cellar is a tiny place so it def. gives you the chance to interact with these comedians, a more personal vibe for sure. He told us why he had to leave his show and why he went to Africa. One of the coolest dudes I've ever met. We told him we were from the Bay Area and after the show talked with him for a couple minutes and told us he's out here all the time and his sister stays out here.

Anyways, thats my story.
my dude...

that is a legitimately cool story. No sarcasm.

repped.

Back
Top Bottom