NEWS DAVE CHAPPELLE STORMS OFF STAGE Throws Tantrum Over Noisy Crowd

Shoulda pulled a Bill Burr in Philly and insulted the crowd for 10 minutes.:lol:

LOL he doesn't have those capabilities. :rofl:

I hate how the media makes it seem like Dave threw a "tantrum" or "meltdown", those tickets are not cheap and they ruined it for themselves.

SO why wouldnt security or promoters straight up toss the hecklers out at first sign of trouble? Would the whole crowd turn on Dave? This mob mentality when you're only hurting yourself is beyond pathetic.

Last edited:
Hartford sucks. I gotta move out CT soon. This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
I swear people are so effing stupid now a days. I applaud Dave for walking out on an obnoxious crowd. No one wants to perform with idiots in the crowd interrupting the performer with old jokes. I'm sure Dave still got paid and the audience didn't get their refunds.
Repped
tumblr_ligql3Sr0F1qi5z3io1_500.gif

Not his fault as well.

How does anyone expect him to tell jokes when everyone's yelling?

The Chappelle Show was the biggest gift and curse

At one point during the meltdown, Chappelle told the crowd -- "I f**ked up when I left my show, you know why? 'Cause my show only has to be 22 minutes of television. I could've went on television, I could've read the phone book for 22 minutes and I would've got $50 million dollars. I shoulda done that sh*t but my ego wouldn't let me. Tonight is different. Tonight my contract says 25 minutes and I have 3 minutes left. and when my 3 minutes is up, my *** is gone."

When people started to boo the comic, Chappelle responded, "You're booing yourself."

See I have respect for that.
There are people at comedy clubs who are clowns.

Pay to watch the show and ****.
If you a comedian than sign up and get on stage.

Stop wasting other people's time an money.

He thought he was making some revolutionary statement by turning down that offer. 

roll.gif

Why pay your money to see a guy perform then feel like you should perform? shut the **** up and enjoy the show. I don't blame him.

Why do they love to use these key words... How do you come back to the spot light just to have a meltdown, Dave's not having a meltdown. You see this dude sweating, and scream outrageous quips? Not at all.. he might of been to picky or impatient, but I highly doubt Dave's is having a life crisis making this decision to not go along with a crowd not mature enough to behave and listen to what they all paid for. He's had plenty of time to think this tour out.

Last edited:
Dave is a cool dude & I could def. see him doing this because he's done it before. He hates it when people say those catch phrases over and over.

I've only seen him once live in-person and it was totally random.

My wife and I had planned our first trip to NYC back in 2010 and a couple months before, she bought some tickets to the Comedy Cellar for my birthday.

So we get there and comedian Dave Attell was supposed to be the last comedian doing stand-up that night, when they go to call his name, the dude on the mic goes - "You guys are in for a real treat tonight, let me introduce you all to comedian - Dave Chappelle...."...

We both thought he just said Chappelle instead of Attell by mistake or something, but nope...Chappelle came out and did about 2 hours of stand-up and it was hilarious.

We were sitting 2ft. from Dave, he looks high as **** in this pic...:pimp:

View media item 559646

But he def. was hilarious and was just really cool....talked to a lot of us in the audience and heckled a few people next to us...He didn't want to leave, he went on for about 2 hours and then ran out of material, so he just asked us in the crowd what we wanted to talk about and chopped it up with us for another hour or so. :lol: The Comedy Cellar is a tiny place so it def. gives you the chance to interact with these comedians, a more personal vibe for sure. He told us why he had to leave his show and why he went to Africa. One of the coolest dudes I've ever met. We told him we were from the Bay Area and after the show talked with him for a couple minutes and told us he's out here all the time and his sister stays out here.

Anyways, thats my story.
my dude...

that is a legitimately cool story. No sarcasm.

repped.
i agree
so what exactly did he say on why he left the show
i know why or at least heard of why i just would like to know what he said at the show

Lame drunk people in the audience that want to come and play with a toy instead of letting a man do his show.

"HEYY...HEY DYAVE! Do the Rick James story!"

That show was so successful it's annoying now haha

Praying the LA crowd handles him well when he comes in a few weeks. I've never been so excited for a comedy show in my life :pimp:

I saw him in Memphis last year and there were a lot of people screaming "I'm Rick James *****" You could tell the idiots were pissing him off but luckily he didn't stop the show. He made a good joke out of how stupid this people are who scream that out. He equated people constantly asking him to do rick james to your boss coming in and saying work on that one report you did for me on a random 5 years ago. Point being Rick James skit is in the past and he's not in the same mindset and timeframe as he was in that specific point in time.

I applaud Dave for this.

Ill always be a huge fan of Dave Chappelle. Chappelle show and his stand ups are hysterical.

This was the first Chappelle vid i saw when i was like 12 :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom