News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Just leave him in Hulk form the whole time like the Avengers cartoon and you won't even need to have an actor play Banner.

The continuous regurgitated idea that Edward Norton could not work with an ensemble cast is complete bull ****. Just look at his filmography.

They'd be better off saying it was money and/or he specifically couldn't work with Whedon due to the bit role he would've ended up playing or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Speaking of Trinity, I really feel bad for Ryan Reynolds. 2 more giants flops this past weekend, RIPD (~$12mil) and Turbo (~$21mil).

He can actually act and has that good comic book build and I really did like him as Hal Jordan, just terrible script and CGI that made that movie unbearable. He was actually not bad as Wade Wilson before they made him Barakaclops (wasn't even him by then). Now dude has relieved Taylor Kitsch as the movie flop king and I am not sure many would trust him with a franchise character anymore.

Maybe he'll luck out like Chris Evans did when he became Cap by being Deadpool.

Evans has been in a few sci-fi super power movies that have flopped until being Cap. RR is more known so to me he should just be more prudent in his choices.

IMO he should've always been Flash not GL.

I have hope one day they'll get Blade right again. He's back with marvel studios so that'll help.

Last edited:
The continuous regurgitated idea that Edward Norton could not work with an ensemble cast is complete bull ****. Just look at his filmography.

They'd be better off saying it was money and/or he specifically couldn't work with Whedon due to the bit role he would've ended up playing or something along those lines.

That's the thing. Norton's acting is just TOO good/serious for it to work in something like the Avengers. TDH(2008) was just too serious and lacked any charm most of the other Marvel movies usually have. Norton was a d1ck, Blonsky was a d1ck, General Ross was (accurately) a d1ick, didn't care much for Liv Tyler. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie for what it was but without getting into a deeper argument over spilled milk, I'm pretty glad whatever happened, happened.

Thinking about how interesting Blade 2 could have been if Morbius was the villain like the original plan. Also was reading about the original screenplay for Trinity and the studio really blew it. It was set a few decades after the second one with the vampires ruling the human population. It was deemed too dark.
Need inks for all of this info...

That's the thing. Norton's acting is just TOO good/serious for it to work in something like the Avengers. TDH(2008) was just too serious and lacked any charm most of the other Marvel movies usually have. Norton was a d1ck, Blonsky was a d1ck, General Ross was (accurately) a d1ick, didn't care much for Liv Tyler. Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie for what it was but without getting into a deeper argument over spilled milk, I'm pretty glad whatever happened, happened.
I disagree with most of this, especially the second sentence.

I'm in tears at Barakaclops. :lol: :lol:

I'm not a fan of Ryan Reynolds though. Every comic book movie he's been in has been bad. It's starting to look like a pattern instead of a coincidence. Blade Trinity, X-Men: Origins Wolverine, R.I.P.D., and Green Lantern. He should go back to romantic comedies. Every movie he's in, he overtakes the role. He almost plays the same sarcastic person every time. It ends up being Ryan Reynolds instead of the character he's playing.

I really think he's starting to not become a draw anymore. A few years ago, a movie with Ryan Reynolds was money, but now his movies are actually debuting beneath old movies that have been in theatres for a while. Low key, part of me is always rooting for him because he's Canadian, but he's already made millions of dollars.

Of course you wouldn't which is why I replied to you in the first place. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree as there's no point talking about someone who's already been re-casted.

Of course you wouldn't which is why I replied to you in the first place. I'm fine with agreeing to disagree as there's no point talking about someone who's already been re-casted.
So you just felt like telling me that? :lol: :smh: @ "too good/serious" as well. It's kinda like you're speaking from a stance of seeing one movie and not his body of work to believe what you typed.

It's a good thing I didn't waste my time then.

Plus I'm not even sure it's been confirmed that the Ant Man in the Ant Man movie is going to be Hank Pym. Since in the comics there's been 3 different guys to take up the name.

I believe Wright have been saying Hank Pym and then Scott Lang becomes the AntMan in the end. I remember him talking about the two teaming up as well.
Wow that's cool. I was kinda thinking before the announcement that if Pym was in A2 he'd create Ultron and then die in the end and not Coulson die but really die.

Wright's way is cool too and probably keeps Pym around to be Giant Man or Yellow Jacket or Goliath :lol:l

Thought they would say that Pym was a scientist back during WW2 and built the tech then. He dies or goes missing, it's lost and Eric O'Grady finds it and decides to be a thief blah blah blah becomes a good guy. I can see Wright doing that.
The other dude Scott something was the thief not that Eric wouldn't but he started off as a shield agent that just took some Ant Man equipment Shield took from Pym.

If Eric O'Grady was the Ant Man I'd see this over and over. Especially if they got the action and raunchy comedy right.

Lol my bad if I mixed them I only know them thru little things (Scott Lang thru the children's crusade and O'Grady thru secret invasion) I like O'Grady and I think that would mesh better with wright

So you just felt like telling me that? :lol: :smh: @ "too good/serious" as well. It's kinda like you're speaking from a stance of seeing one movie and not his body of work to believe what you typed.

It's a good thing I didn't waste my time then.

It's a discussion board and I was replying to what you had originally replied, isn't that why we're here? Anyway, I could tell from your reply that we'd just be going around in circles and it'd just be you trying to put a lot of emoticons to try to get me to post something absurd so yes, I'm glad we didn't waste each others time and hope you enjoy all of Edward Norton's upcoming movies :wink:

ryan reynolds sucks. I hate when he tries to be funny in action movies because he's not funny. He's tolerable in more serious roles and rom-coms.

ryan reynolds sucks. I hate when he tries to be funny in action movies because he's not funny. He's tolerable in more serious roles and rom-coms.

I disagree he's the perfect Wally west , wade Wilson , and he wasn't too cheesy in smoking aces . I just find it funny that Hollywood bigs its stars and tries to stick them in atleast 3 movies a year. I think he over saturated his self a little , like Taylor kitsch , and they're doing the same with Channing tatum and jermey Rener to a certain extent .

Ryan Reynolds does suck and like Bradley Cooper, I can't take him serious in anything but a comedy. He's also not a box office draw as seen by RIPD and Turbo both flopping in the same weekend.

I saw rip d as a flop coming a mile away it's looks like mib but with ghost and 2 fake - *** agents j and k . There's always big budget flops in the summer time thou just law of averages not making no excuses for him. He has picked some stinkers though he should ran from green lantern lol. It's just certain characters that don't translate well onto film , like a Martian manhunter movie would bomb . I wonder know since he than bombed again will he be done ?

THE AVENGERS Are No Match For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, Promises Cast Members

Preconceived notions about Guardians of the Galaxy would consider the interstellar superhero team, 'Earth's mightiest heroes... in space,' but cast members of the upcoming adaptation say otherwise. "We're different than the Avengers," insists Zoe Saldana. "The Guardians have much 'bigger' powers. We could totally kick Thor and Captain America's ***." Dave Bautista agrees chiming in, "Drax could definitely beat up Hulk and Thor." Seemingly in an effort to differentiate his warrior character and the Hulk, Bautista adds, "Drax is an interesting creature. He's full of rage and he's full of honor. But the best thing about Drax is he's hysterical, without really meaning to be."

"It's the 'Anti-Hero Hero Movie," said Zoe Saldana. "These are thieves, rebels, assassins who come together to fight something actually much worse than them. And there's actually a lot of comedy — the levity will be abundant," she adds. Meanwhile, Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn shared a bit of random info about Benicio del Toro, who's set to play The Collector. "During our first meeting, Benicio and I were discussing collecting stuff," said Gunn. "And suddenly he got very serious and turned to me and said, 'I was the first kid in my 'hood to have an alligator.'" Speaking of the Collector, whose presence is said to span multiple films, and the aforementioned bit about the Guardians duking it out with The Avengers, it's heavily implied the two superhero teams will eventually cross paths at the threat of Thanos.

I like what I am seeing from GotG but anyone else skeptical it will be that successful? I admit I am one of the few who never thought this project would be made because it'll be very cgi-heavy and that means it'll cost a lot. I can see it being a perfectly good film but like Pacific Rim (also very cgi-heavy and expensive because of it), it might not have the same appeal especially since these heroes are still obscure to most.

Marvel will have to crank out the GotG in the Avengers and Spiderman cartoons to further familiarize the audience to them but I can just see this being mediocre in the box office and maybe not a flop but disappointing to say the least? Captain America only made $370mil, that is a big success with the $140mil budget but GotG will likely cost more and I am not sure it'll reach that number if it came out today. I don't know, I just have that feeling. Anyone with me on that?

I like what I am seeing from GotG but anyone else skeptical it will be that successful? I admit I am one of the few who never thought this project would be made because it'll be very cgi-heavy and that means it'll cost a lot. I can see it being a perfectly good film but like Pacific Rim (also very cgi-heavy and expensive because of it), it might not have the same appeal especially since these heroes are still obscure to most.

Marvel will have to crank out the GotG in the Avengers and Spiderman cartoons to further familiarize the audience to them but I can just see this being mediocre in the box office and maybe not a flop but disappointing to say the least? Captain America only made $370mil, that is a big success with the $140mil budget but GotG will likely cost more and I am not sure it'll reach that number if it came out today. I don't know, I just have that feeling. Anyone with me on that?

Not really knowledgeable about GotG, but I am kinda interested on ho they play this out. You're absolutely right about Marvel needing to amp up promotion for this.

I think a lot of marvel franchises would fail with big budgets , gotg really shouldn't get made in my opinion, but since they introduced thanos in the last avengers they have no choice . I also thing any man will fail from a money making stand point. Their focus should be bp , basically an African batman, and if they own fantastic four them again . Also I would of went with a kang the conqueror for the first villain in the avengers .

^^ I definitely feel like GotG will be heavily promoted in the next coming months. Marvel has something big up their sleeve for choosing to do a guardians movie over something a little safer like a black panther movie or maybe doing something like the thunderbolts. I expect guardians to be a pretty big catalyst in the marvel cinematic universe in terms of what will be happening next

I don't really think GotG is essential with Thanos on board, I think Marvel felt that they need to delay his arrival and a GotG movie not only expands their universe and introduce new heroes to the public, but it also delays Thanos' bout with the Avengers w/o making it seem like Marvel just forgot about him. It keeps the interest high.

I don't really think GotG is essential with Thanos on board, I think Marvel felt that they need to delay his arrival and a GotG movie not only expands their universe and introduce new heroes to the public, but it also delays Thanos' bout with the Avengers w/o making it seem like Marvel just forgot about him. It keeps the interest high.

Definately. Just the amount of people who now have now shown interest in thanos since his brief avengers appearance has work toward marvels advantage. It could take essentially another 10 more marvel cinematic universe films before we see thanos in action and everyone would have benefited from the anticipation of a master scheme brought together by him. Really wanna see an infinity gauntlet film now....

Yeah I get that viewpoint , I'm just speaking on hindsight. To me the perfect villains in the first should of been kang and ultron , with ultron they could of introduced ant man and wasp without a standalone movie . Just really nitpicking ATM thou

it was about money. norton will act in anything with anyone as seen in the dictator lol

ruffalo is a goof. if they ever do make another hulk stand alone movie i hope norton is in it.

but that is just wishful thinking

Wouldn't avengers have felt that much more complete if norton was in it instead of ruffalo? I didn't mind ruffalo though, he'd did his thing :smokin

Back
Top Bottom