News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

^
1ekk5x.jpg

Last edited:
Godzilla is freakin huge though. How is King Kong going to look?!

And Krampus trailer came out. Will watch because same director as Trick R Treat and love Adam Scott

that looks interesting.

i forget the movies name but which is the one where the dude becomes a scary looking clown? he grows a big red nose and comes to find out its stuck on him. that looked good too.

Collider recently caught up with the acclaimed director Brad Bird to discuss the release of The Iron Giant: Signature Edition, and in the process learned a few interesting details about his next project: the hotly anticipated The Incredibles 2. He began by giving an update on the sequel's script.

"I have the story arc. I’m probably three-quarters through the script, first pass through the script, but we’re already boarding parts of it. I’ve got a lot of people that worked on the first one working on it, so we’re all having a good time with it."

"In terms of the release date, we were originally—Incredibles [2] was supposed to happen after Cars [3], and our wheels just happened to click a little earlier so they moved us up. Release dates are a little fluid when you’re making films so far in advance. Some films are tougher to come together and tough nuts to crack, and other ones comes together a little more quickly, and so I’m just going to work as fast as I can work well with a relatively small team because I like small teams better until you’ve got everything firmly figured out."

"What’s changed is there were only two other superhero franchises at the time Incredibles came out. One of them was X-Men and the other was Spider-Man, and now there are 400 billion of them and there’s a new superhero movie every two weeks. What you don’t want to do is trot over the same turf in the same way everyone else is. So we’re trying to keep it focused in the area that our film was, which was a little bit more about characters and relationships and stuff like that, and see where that takes us. But we’re having a good time."

They were humming/whistling Bear/bare necessities at the end of the trailer. Definitely the same characters from the book and animated movie :lol: :pimp:

The thing that gets me is that WB is in production for a Jungle Book movie as well. I'm over here like, "Why?"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2388771/?ref_=nv_sr_1
That public domain hustle :lol:

Same thing happened I think last year with the 2 Hercules movies in the same calendar year. Hell happened the year prior to that with the 2 attack on the White House movies.

Hollywood be creatively bankrupt and these studios need to probably make a certain amount of money vs. the amount of movies they produce each year. Sometimes when there's talk about scripts, I tend to here the cliche thing execs and assistants say like "_____ is in this year." That type of stuff being in the Hollywood zeitgeist and can become a driving force for why movies get made and don't.

Last edited:
The jungle book movie was not on my radar
Till I just peeped they gonna have the animals talk in the trailer
I might take the fam
Movie looks kinda dope

On a side note
Disney did the damn thing with turning the jungle book
Into talespin
I used to ******* love that show

Theme song been stuck in my head for a few days
Since I seen the whole series at bestbuy for sale

"OH-DEE-YAY..........TALESPIN" :lol:

Yes Master Zik Master Zik is absolutely right. Baloo was the big black bear with Mowgli singing Bare Necessities. The big orangutan I'm pretty sure was King Louie and I def saw bagheera and Shere Kahn! I LOVED the jungle book as a kid. Easily one of disney's greatest animated movies along with Fantasia and Lion King. Will definitely be watching this, CG looks so real...

And I loved Tale Spin as a kid too but theme song wise

Ducktales can't be touched

A reddit user gave a good breakdown of the teaser 

Yay, trailer recap time again! I usually do this for comic book films, but as a huge Disney nerd, I had to do this one too. Plus, I LOVE the original The Jungle Book, both the movie and  the book (and the Chuck Jones version of Mowgli’s Brothers), so I’ve been looking forward to this movie for a long time. And so, without further ado:

• Kaa (voiced by Scarlet Johannsson) is our narrator for this trailer. It appears that Kaa's going to have a role similar to that of the original Disney film, rather than to that of the original books. That is to say, her narration sounds like she's luring Mowgli in with kindness, only to attempt to devour him. In the books, Kaa is an ally to Mowgli, Baloo, and Bagheera, and helps to save him from the monkeys (AKA the Bander-log). But here, she definitely sounds more sinister. Additionally, she ends her hypnotic-sounding speech with the phrase "Trust in Me," which was Kaa's song in the original Disney film. And honestly...I'm really digging Johannsson's take on the character. When that casting was announced, I wasn't a huge fan of it. But, lo and behold, it actually fits! Down to the hypnotic hissssssses in her dialogue. I trust in her!

• There's sort of a Pride Rock thing going on but I can't tell is the shadowy figure at the top of the rock is Shere Khan or Akela. Akela would make sense to me, but the next shot of Shere Khan striding across rock would seem to disprove that theory. Not sure if they're setting Khan up to be the ruler of the jungle (which is pretty strongly against anything in the Kipling books, or even the original Disney film), or some such role.

• We see a scene of Mowgli running across a bridge, holding fire, preceded by Bagheera and Baloo looking down at a glowing spot. If we go by the original Kipling story, this is Mowgli having stolen the "red flower" from the Man's Village in order to fight Shere Khan. This comforts me, since it looks like they're talking stuff from the original story, as well as the film.

• Like in the original Disney film, baby Mowgli is found by Bagheera. In the books, Mowgli is found by the wolves and taken in and protected from Shere Khan, who had just killed his parents. Yeah, the Disney film never really said what happened to his parents. Hopefully, this one elaborates a little more on them.

• As in the original Disney film AND Kipling's story Kaa's Hunting, Mowgli is kidnapped by the Bandar-log, AKA the monkeys of the jungle. In the books, the Bandar-lg are a flighty, distractable folk who are derided by the other inhabitants of the Seeonee jungle. However, while this film may take some of those elements (no way to tell from this teaser), it definitely ignored one element fro the books: the fact that they have no leader, and want Mowgli to become their leader. No, that role is pretty clearly taken by King Louie, an original character from the 1967 Disney film. And I love the original Bandar-log, but I also always liked Louie. Plus he's played by Christopher Walken. Awesome.

• Baloo appears to be more faithful to the original book in appearance. I realize how very specific that is, but it's true! Inthe original film, Baloo is a large grey bear, similar to a sloth bear. But in the books, Kipling describe Baloo as "the sleepy brown bear." And, yeah, he's deifnitely more brown than grey here. We'll see if his demeanor is closer to the books or the original film (I'm betting the film), but at least the appearance is more accurate! If not biogeographically wrong. Yeah, that bear species isn't found in India.

• Hathi appears with his herd of elephants. This Hathi looks considerably more formidable than the one in the Disney film, as he should be. Hathi in the books is one of the oldest animals in Seeonee, and strictly adheres to the Law of the Jungle (which I REALLY hope is in this film). He's a patient and wise animal, but he can be violent if needed to fight. Not sure what role he's playing in the film, but it honestly doesn't look like the Hathi in the original film, who was made WAY more comedic.

• The books never really had a smackdown between Shere Khan and Bagheera or Baloo, so this is purely an invention of this film. And, given that Bagheera is Mowgli's protector, I'm all for it. FIGHT!

• The Bandar-log are living in an old rundown temple, which is ripped directly from the original Disney film, rather than the booksEDIT: Actually, that's not entirely true. In the original story, Kaa's Hunting, the Bandar-log live in an abandoned man-village, so this actually isn't too far off from the books after all. Kinda forgot that little tidbit. My bad!  The same goes for Louie and most of the Bandar-log stuff. And, honestly, as a lover of the book, I don't really have a problem with this.

• There's a water buffalo stampede, which Mowgli appears to have stumbled into after being chased by Shere Khan, who appears at the top of the canyon looking down. It also looks like this takes place during the rainy scene that we see earlier in the trailer, with Shere Khan's roar. Other than that...yeah, I got nothin'. Not represented in the books or the movie, so...moving on. EDIT: Again, my bad. A bunch of you (thank you, readers!) pointed out that the water buffalo stampede actually IS in the books. More specifically, it's in Tiger! Tiger!, and has the roles switched. In the books, Mowgli is looking own at Shere Khan, whom he's trapped between two stampeding buffalo herds. I won't say how that turns out, but this very might be referenced in the movie in the scene listed above. Good catch, guys!

• We get a glimpse of the ending fight between Mowgli and Shere Khan, with Mowgli using fire against the branded cat. This is a part of the original books, but, in this case, it's almost definitely a remake of the fight in the original Disney film, since the one in the books ends rather quickly.

• And of course, the ending scene is ripped straight from the original film, from Mowgli sitting on Baloo's belly as they float down the river, to the whistle of the ending of "Bare Necessities." Awesome.

In closing, I can't WAIT for this movie. Just...it's an odd thing. When Maleficent  started this trend of Diney remaking their animated films into live-action films, I hated the idea. Maleficent  didn't help improve my opinion, because I hated that movie, too. But then, Cinderella  came out, and...it was actually pretty good. Ever since, I've been waiting for this one, since I've always loved the Jungl Book stuff. And, after seeing this, it didn't disappoint (so far)! The CGI is AMAZING, and definitely is that Life of Pi  style. The scenery and characters are fantastic, and even though we've only sen one character actually speak, Kaa stll looked good. Great, actually! Seriously, I'm PUMPED!! I trust in Disney right now. Let's hope they don't let us down.

Watched Malificent and Cinderella. Might as well continue to watch these live-action remakes.

Kind of curious to see how Disney re-makes Beauty and the Beast.

Not a cartoon adaptation but they are remaking Mary Poppins but I think I read it was suppose to be set 20 years of the original film though.

Back
Top Bottom