News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Yes Master Zik Master Zik is absolutely right. Baloo was the big black bear with Mowgli singing Bare Necessities. The big orangutan I'm pretty sure was King Louie and I def saw bagheera and Shere Kahn! I LOVED the jungle book as a kid. Easily one of disney's greatest animated movies along with Fantasia and Lion King. Will definitely be watching this, CG looks so real...

And I loved Tale Spin as a kid too but theme song wise

Ducktales can't be touched
Ridley Scott explain the "Alien" involvement in the title.

"Well, because we're heading back to why and how and when the beast was invented. We'll go back into the back door of the very first Alien that I did thirty years ago."
:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:
We know why they were invented though
For predators to fight them as a right of passage DUHHHHH

Cant believe I might drop $20 on a soda

If our calculations are correct, Pepsi will make the future a reality on October 21, 2015 and unlock limited quantities of Pepsi Perfect, available for purchase online while supplies last. Fans located in the U.S. can get their hands on 1 of 6,500 Pepsi Perfect bottles, each outfitted in a special collectible case. The 16.9 oz. bottles will contain Pepsi Made with Real Sugar and will sell for $20.15. 

I'M GONNA TRY AND COP FOR SURE

Disney has also set the release date for The Incredibles 2.

The sequel to the smash-hit 2004 animated blockbuster will arrive in North American theaters on June 21, 2019.

Here is Disney’s full list of new dates:

CARS 3 now dated on 6/16/17 wide

COCO is final title of previous “11/22/17 Untitled Pixar Animation” (previously announced 11/22/17 wide playdate is unchanged)

11/2/18 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 12/22/17 wide

BLACK PANTHER moves to 2/16/18 wide (from 7/6/18 wide)

GIGANTIC is final title of previous “3/9/18 Disney Animation” (previously announced 3/9/18 wide playdate is unchanged)

TOY STORY 4 moves to 6/15/18 wide (from 6/16/17 wide)

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP now dated on 7/6/18 wide

UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/2/18 wide

CAPTAIN MARVEL moves to 3/8/19 wide (from 11/2/18 wide)

UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 3/29/19 wide

UNTITLED DISNEYTOON STUDIOS now dated on 4/12/19 wide

THE INCREDIBLES 2 now dated on 6/21/19 wide

11/8/19 UNTITLED DISNEY FAIRY TALE (Live Action) now dated on 11/8/19 wide

3/13/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION now dated on 3/13/20 wide

5/1/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 5/1/20 wide

6/19/20 UNTITLED PIXAR ANIMATION now dated on 6/19/20 wide

7/10/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 7/10/20 wide

11/6/20 UNTITLED MARVEL now dated on 11/6/20 wide

11/25/20 UNTITLED DISNEY ANIMATION now dated on Wed 11/25/20 wide

'Y: The Last Man' TV Series in the Works at FX (Exclusive)

Brian K. Vaughan's beloved comic Y: The Last Man is coming to television.

FX is teaming with Vaughan and Color Force's Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson to develop the dystopian sci-fi comic as an ongoing series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. A search is under way to find a writer to develop the series with Vaughan. A director for the potential series has not yet been determined. Y: The Last Man, which is purely in development at this time, will be produced by FX and FX Productions.

Last edited:
GODZILLA Vs. KONG Officially Announced For 2020; New Monster Movie Details Revealed

Following Legendary’s and Warner Bros. Pictures’ success with the reinvention of the Godzilla franchise in 2014, it has been announced today that the companies have come together to create an epic, new shared cinematic franchise. The plan apparently is to build a new mythology that brings together Godzilla and Legendary’s King Kong in an ecosystem of other giant super-species, both classic and new, while Monarch, the human organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film, will expand their mission across multiple releases (it definitely sounds like other monsters will factor into this movie then). Godzilla 2 is currently set for June 8th, 2018, while Kong: Skull Island remains scheduled for release in 2017. Both films feature the human Monarch organization.

"Audiences really responded to Godzilla," Legendary CEO, Thomas Tull said in a press release. "Today, I’m excited to reveal that film was only the beginning of an epic new entertainment universe. As a lifelong fan of these characters, I’ve always wanted to see the ultimate showdown, and today we’re pleased to be announcing that and more." Kevin Tsujihara, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros adds: "Working with our partners at Legendary, we enjoyed tremendous creative and commercial success with `Godzilla.' It’s great to be able to revisit these characters and help create a franchise with so many creative possibilities for filmmakers. Fans love these big, globally iconic films and it doesn’t get any bigger than this."

James Cameron Producing ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ with Robert Rodriguez Directing

20th Century Fox has set James Cameron and Jon Landau to produce a live-action movie version of “Alita: Battle Angel” with Robert Rodriguez in negotiations to direct.

The movie is based on the Japanese manga and graphic novel series “Battle Angel Alita” by Yukito Kishiro, first published in 1990. The story is set in the 26th century and centers on the title character — an amnesiac female cyborg who is rescued from a scrapyard by a doctor, who names her after his deceased cat. The rebuilt Alita, remembering only her training in a deadly martial art, becomes a hunter-warrior, tracking down and eliminating vicious criminals.

The film will explore a young woman’s journey of self-discovery and finding love.

“Robert and I have been looking for a film to do together for years, so I was pumped when he said he wanted to do ‘Battle Angel,'” Cameron said. “He’s very collaborative and we’re already like two kids building a go-kart, just having fun riffing creatively and technically. This project is near and dear to me, and there’s nobody I trust more than Robert, with his technical virtuosity and rebel style, to take over the directing reins. We’re looking forward to learning a lot from each other while we make a kick-*** epic.”

Rodriguez said in a statement: “’Battle Angel’ is an incredibly rich and vibrant epic in the tradition of Jim Cameron’s spectacular, character-driven films. Getting to work from Jim’s terrific and visionary script while learning the cutting edge techniques he’s pioneered is a master class in filmmaking. It’s an honor to explore the world of Alita along with Jim and Jon, whose films have impacted me for decades.”

Paramount to Rework ‘Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters’ Sequel as TV Series

The sequel to “Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters,” which was originally planned as a film, may now be headed to television. According to Deadline, Paramount is reworking the project as a cable series through Paramount TV. It is unclear whether Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton or any of the other cast would return or if the studio would start the project from scratch.

The original, which starred Renner and Arterton as the grown-up Hansel and Gretel, now on a crusade against witches, grossed a dismal $54 million in North America, but earned more than $150 million overseas, earning the greenlight for the sequel. Bruno Aveillan was hired earlier this summer to direct the project, replacing Tommy Wirkola. The studio had targeted the sequel for 2016 release, but it’s unknown whether these are still the case.

“Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters” would be Paramount’s second franchise film to head to television, following “Jack Ryan’s” lead.

Never watched the whole movie but from what I did see it wasn't good.

I'll peep the tv show if Gemma Arterton is still attached.

On another note, I didn't even know the Jack Ryan franchise was going to tv after the not so successful movie.

Last edited:
Movie wasn't that good but it isn't the worst thing I've seen either.

I do think it would have made more money if it weren't Rated R, I could see kids seeing it if they just got rid of the little nudity it had and despite the plot.

Curious about Vin Diesels Last Witch Hunter coming out soon.

That movie was rated R? Could've fooled me.

And yeah when I heard about The Last Witch Hunter I thought about this movie and other failed supernatural flicks. Sounds like it's actually getting positive early reviews.

Last edited:
Rebecca Ferguson is being considered for Alien: Paradise Lost for a Major Role.

Hasn't entered official talks though but i'm assuming she'll be the lead of the new team they encounter

Last edited:
King Kong vs Godzilla is going to be soooooo freakin awesome.

I wonder if they'll shrink Godzilla or make King Kong bigger lol.

Also peeped Crimson Peak tonight. LOVED the visuals. Wish they expanded more on the supernatural though. Jessica Chastain is awesome.
That sink scene...ugh...
sick.gif
This showed before Crimson Peak...creeped me the F out

Just seen Crimson Peak

Minor Spoiler alert......

Ol boy could build machines........but he couldnt fix the hole in the roof??? :rofl: wtf ??

Back
Top Bottom