News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I liked Prometheus for what it was. Wanted Rapace back too.

We'll see if Waterston can carry this. Only know her from Inherent Vice and that Jobs movie.

Scott should've flipped the script and gave us a make lead. Cranston or Elba of course.

Elba died in Prometheus though :lol:

I personally like the female lead for alien movies concept.

We'll see if Waterston can carry this. Only know her from Inherent Vice and that Jobs movie.

Scott should've flipped the script and gave us a make lead. Cranston or Elba of course.

Until you see String hop out of the ship in a parachute before it crashes as the opening scene of the sequel. :pimp:

I know.

Twin brother searching for his brother.

I like the female leadnidea for sure it's just these movies are getting mixed review as of late. Just suggesting some sort of change.

Maybe a movie focused on a female alien' pic :lol:

Add another to the list of Rockys already long list of upcoming work...

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson confirms he’s playing Doc Savage for Shane Black

Dwayne “The Rock Johnson has officially signed on to play Doc Savage.

The 44-year-old action star confirmed the news this morning on his Instagram, including a photo of him sitting alongside director/writer Shane Black and his co-writers Anthony Bagarozzi and Chuck Mondry. They look pretty stoked.

It's OFFICIAL: For all comic book fans you already know the world's first superhero (pre-dating Superman) is the "Man of Bronze" himself Clark "Doc" Savage. Want to thank my bud director/writer Shane Black and his writing team Anthony Bagarozzi and Chuck Mondry for flying in from LA and sitting with me and our @sevenbucksprod's producer @hhgarcia41 on this Memorial Day weekend to chop up creative and break story on this very cool project. Comic book fans around the world know that the cool thing about "Doc" Savage is that he's the inspiration for Superman. First name Clark, called "Man of Bronze", retreats to his "Fortress of Solitude" in the Arctic etc etc. Doc was physically and mentally trained from birth by his father and a team of scientists to become the perfect human specimen with a genius level intellect. His heightened senses are beyond comprehension. He can even identify a women's perfume from half a mile away. He is literally the master of everything. But here's the #1 reason I'm excited to become Doc Savage.. HE'S A F*CKING HILARIOUS WEIRDO! Confidently, yet innocently he has zero social graces whatsoever due to his upbringing so every interaction he has with someone is direct, odd, often uncomfortable and amazingly hilarious. After speaking for hours w/ Shane Black I can see why the creator of Superman took only the best parts of Doc Savage and leaving the "weirdo" part behind. But to us, it's that "weirdo" part that makes Clark "Doc" Savage dope! Can't wait to sink my teeth into this one of a kind character. #ItsOfficial #WorldsFirstSuperhero #GeniusIntellect #PhysicalSpecimen #FnLoveableWeirdo #DocSavage

I remember a few years ago there was a thread where we were talking about how many movies the Rock is in and how hard he is working to elevate his career and be a star.

This seems 10x more than that now :lol: Not just in a lot of movies but a lot more movies catching my eye. Doc Savage :pimp: Dude is getting movies like Sly and Arnold in their prime.

giphy.gif

Doc Savage sounds like it'll suck?

If executed it right it's a multi- movie [emoji]127909[/emoji] franchise.

The Rock is basically the modern day Arnie. A giant of a man who looks like an action hero. Arnold made a career out of "bad" movies, but he had a lot of good ones too. I think The Rock could be one of the best action stars ever if he picks his movies right. No more soldier movies. His roles in movies like G.I. Joe, Fast and the Furious, and San Andreas are becoming too generic.

I'm not familiar with Doc Savage. I always just assumed it was the main influence behind things like Indiana Jones and Uncharted. An everyman adventurer/treasure hunter who's pursuits find him in dangerous scenarios. Someone like Indy or Nate. The Rock looks like a real life superhero. Which isn't what I expected, but I don't know anything about Doc Savage.

schwarzenegger was in some classic, action movies.

What classics has duane been in? I did like that movie he was in with stifler. I will give him credit for being in crap movies that still make a lot of money.

:lol: Nobody has said the Rock has been in more or as many or in fact any classic action flicks on the level of Arnold.

I just mentioned that the amount of movies he's getting is on par with Arnold and Sly. Somebody says he's the modern day Arnold is pretty much on point. A classic action film is really dependent on the script and director just as much as the Rock being a charismatic star.

Furthermore, a lot of Arnie and Sly movies described in a paragraph sound like they could suck if you just read about them.

Pic of Doc Savage

Doc-Savage.jpg

Manofbronzebama.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Savage

Last edited:
My point is he's in a lot of stuff, a lot of garbage stuff. Flourishing in garbage is still flourishing though.

Gyllenhaal to star/produce film based on Ubisoft's The Division

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ja...ie-1201742202/

Following record-breaking sales, Ubisoft is already developing a movie based on its video game “Tom Clancy’s the Division,” and now looks to have an A-list star to lead the film.

Sources tell Variety that Jake Gyllenhaal is attached to star in the pic based on the hit video game that has already become Ubisoft’s fastest-selling product.

Gyllenhaal is also attached as a producer, and the studio is currently looking for a writer to pen the adaptation. Ubisoft could not be reached for comment.

I a tualling liked the setting and premise of the Division so I'll be interested to see where this goes

Gyllenhaal with another video game based movie.

I would say it's risky but Clancy's The Division is a good game and apparently has a really good story.

If it was a movie first it probably could get a trilogy of not more depending on other factors.

Last edited:
The rock still needs that definitive movie like Arnold had with terminator to reach OG status.

My point is he's in a lot of stuff, a lot of garbage stuff. Flourishing in garbage is still flourishing though.

This, he still the mutha ******* man, but his best movies are the Fast movies but he ain't the star.

He needs a Predator/Terminator type action flick. The movie future generations associate with him

Back
Top Bottom