News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Shailene was never believable as a heroic badass anyway. Such bad casting. Plus the guy they cast as her love interest was older than her and they didn't make a good pair.

I think HG is done. I guess that was the movie leading the charge but the last one I saw was the first one.

That Maze Runner **** may cancel too given they almost killed their star.

Problem w/ these movies is that the acting is so lackluster and the protagonist is always so damn naive. I just saw Allegiant and shorty believed everything the bull said, find out he's lying and then ran back to 4 like "wow, he was evil" :stoneface: I'll watch the final one since I'm already vested but won't watch the show.

Mazerunner is struggling too. They need more common sense realism to these post-apocalyptic movies, or at least give a precursor so we know how it came to be, not some random story that half explains everything.

I've been waitin for the new Pirates of the Caribbean, but Disney needs to give me my third installment of National Treasure.

Shrek 5 should not happen, the last one kind of gave a solid ending.
Those movies make me wonder how bad the books are.

In awaiting the next POTC as well. To me it's just great fun for kids. Pure entertainment, savvy? Not to mention despite all it's success it has had no competition in all these years. Disney just printing pirate money [emoji]128176[/emoji].

And yeah I look forward to Nic Cage looking for the city of gold at the bottom of the grand canyon.

to be fair, kinda hard to really judge the books based on the movie.. I say this, having not read any of them

but the hobbit is a great example of this.. but I still have no clue how all of those folks signed off on turning a 300 page book into those 3 movies

could have just done a live action version of this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077687/

They made 3 movies because there was no way in hell they'd make another tolkien movie without milking it into 3 movies.

They made 3 movies because there was no way in hell they'd make another tolkien movie without milking it into 3 movies.
doesn't he have a crap ton of books?

and really they could have just 'star wars'-ed it or any of these other big stories with worlds or characters we love.. where you create original stories within that world and continue where he left off

but doing the hobbit, which is a 300 page paper back if that into 3, 2.5-3 hour movies is absurd

Last edited:
Inside /out is being hailed as one of the greatest animated movies of all time. And you haven't seen finding dory so :lol:

forgot inside/out..

but was thinking about after toy story 3 (2010), they had: cars 2, brave, monsters university (which was aiiright), inside out (which was good), the good dinosaur

and now finding dory

was planes not a Pixar movie?

:lol:

Cars 2 was the only one that isn't good.

Brave was good.
Monsters U was good.
Inside Out was good.
Good Dinosaur was good.
Finding Dory was good.

These are literally all good films.

They're killin it.

Planes was Disney Animation Studio.

Last edited:
:lol:

Cars 2 was the only one that isn't good.

Brave was good.
Monsters U was good.
Inside Out was good.
Good Dinosaur was good.
Finding Dory was good.

These are literally all good films.

They're killin it.

Planes was Disney Animation Studio.

The 2 greatest love stories of my lifetime are probably wall-e and the first 10 mins of up

These dudes were doing next level things.. I enjoyed monsters U mainly because I'm a big fan of those guys, especially together

Brave and good dinosaur were not good and both felt kinda uninspired, like planes or any of the cars

As much as i love Pixar, i wish they would announce more new IPs.

Do we really need a Toy Story 4? TS3 was a PERFECT send off.

I was not a fan of inside/out

Pixar in general been slacking in recent years.. Would have to go back a while to find a Pixar movie I liked.

Disney animation, however, has been on a roll, pretty much.

Completely agree toy story 3 was the perfect send off..

I'm cool with shrek continuing though

Since we're on the topic of animation, DreamWorks seems to be taking their movies a little more seriously. The trailer for Sing seems almost, Disney ish.

*edit

Watched it again. They're not there, yet. Lol

*edit

And I agree on Toy Story 3 being the perfect ending.

Toy Story 4 is probably going to be the equivalent of MJ becoming a wizard when he should've stayed retired after The Shot.

Last edited:
Since we're in the topic of animation, DreamWorks seems to be taking their movies a little more seriously. The trailer for Sing seems almost, Disney ish.
Comcast's NBC division just bought DreamWorks to compete with Disney.

Wreck it Ralph was probably the best animated movie I've seen since toy story 3 in 2010

Saw they are doing a part 2, curious to see what they do with that

Interested in Ferdinand and Mutts.

Will be made by the same studios that made the Peanuts Movie and Ice Age films.

Four months, comes out Nov 18.

Didn't even know Ezra Miller/Flash is part of the movie 'til that new poster.

Last edited:
I was not a fan of inside/out

Pixar in general been slacking in recent years.. Would have to go back a while to find a Pixar movie I liked.

Disney animation, however, has been on a roll, pretty much.

I was just thinking that about Disney Animation. Wasn't a fan of inside/out either. Pixar has been lacking these past few years. want them to go back to more original/quirky movies like Monsters Inc. UP and WallE

Back
Top Bottom