News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

A live action Pokemon movie sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I bet they'll cast a white lead for Ash like they did with Dragon Ball and The Last Airbender.

A live action Pokemon movie sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I bet they'll cast a white lead for Ash like they did with Dragon Ball and The Last Airbender.

Dude they were all Japanese :rolleyes :lol:
I mean Pokemon isn't a good example of that. While the anime is of course Japanese there's been 20 years of Ash Brock and misty in the west. So making them not Asian wouldn't be a huge deal at all. It's not like people were introduced to Ash as Satoshi and then it was changed for a dub. We got the dub in the first place

Also Pokemon is one of the few anime properties that would actually work in a movie format( others being FMA, AoT, any grounded mecha anime etc)

All you really need is great CGI.

Last edited:
There was 20 years of DBZ here and they made goku white. How that turn out? Lol
I never associated Goku with Asian. The only DBz characters I saw as Asian were Roshi, Krillin yamcha, tien and maybe chi chi. Goku, Vegeta, Bulna, Hercule were never Asian in my eyes

Also DBZ likely wasn't ever going to be able to be translated properly without being a train wreck anyway. Regardless of Gokus race

Last edited:
Never saw the big deal of Goku's race. He was an alien for crying out loud. :lol:

He wasn't white. He wasn't Asian. He wasn't any of those. He was a Saiyan. Fair game to be played by any race.

All that would've mattered to me was that Goku be played by someone cool. But he wasn't. Lol

Last edited:
goku's skin was white but he was an alien and he looked eurasian.

Last edited:
Goku is clearly white. Him being an alien don't change that he's a white guy with crazy hair that can turn in to a blond white guy.

The argument though is stuff like DBZ and Pokemon ain't set in Japan but made up lands so it's hard to say the characters are Asian unless they are clearly drawn as Asians or any other ethnicity.

I don't believe either of those white boys :lol:

Bautista need to be cast in the inevitable Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter remakes. Looking like he could be Kabal or Cyrax for MK with that hair and Balrog for SF :lol:

:lol: The next XXX should be a team up with Vin and Cube.

Such bad movies from 10 years ago. I gotta expect at least the action will be better.

:lol: The next XXX should be a team up with Vin and Cube.

Such bad movies from 10 years ago. I gotta expect at least the action will be better.

Nah, it won't. Vin is horrible.

He should just stick to voicing groot.
Shut up.

You're insane. Vin puts in work, not so much the trash FF series but Riddick :smokin

Also you either didn't get my post or are just a hater.

Last edited:
FF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Riddick.

Back
Top Bottom