News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

King Arthur is getting eviscerated by critics.

Damn i was hoping it was gonna be dope. Still gonna go see

I know a film is gonna be trash when the only review quotes on the commercials are only from people on twitter

Last edited:

Hmmmm.. I think I'm probably going still see.. I mean only guy ritchie movie I haven't at least enjoyed is that Madonna one

JUDGE DREDD: MEGA-CITY ONE TV Series In The Works

It's just been announced that a new Judge Dredd: Mega-City One TV show is in the works from IM Global and independent U.K. games developer, Rebellion.

There are no names attached to star or direct just yet, but we do have a synopsis courtesy of EW:

The show is set in a future where the East Coast of the U.S. has become a crowded and crime-ridden megalopolis. It will be an ensemble drama about a team of Judges — futuristic cops invested with the power to be judge, jury, and executioner — as they deal with the challenges the future-shocked 22nd century throws at them.

I liked that movie, just straight and simple.

Karl Urban didn't even remove his helmet at all.

BOX OFFICE: KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD Likely To Bomb With $25 Million Debut

After that first wave of awful reviews, the bad news keeps on coming for Guy Ritchie's King Arthur movie as the big budget fantasy epic looks set to crash and burn when it opens tomorrow...

We probably should have guessed that King Arthur: Legend of the Sword would be a flop as soon as Entertainment Weekly released a first look in the form of a cringeworthy photoshoot featuring shots of Charlie Hunnam lying in a boat stroking his sword, but that's been all but confirmed now by The Hollywood Reporter. As of right now, the movie looks set to debut in North America with $25 million.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is understandably expected to stay at #1 with upwards of $60 million, while Amy Schumer's Snatched is looking at around $15 million, a disappointing figure for the actress.

King Arthur was envisioned by Warner Bros. as being the first of six movies in the vein of The Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. It cost a whopping $175 million to produce BEFORE some pretty big marketing costs, so short of a massive performance overseas, a sequel is already looking unlikely.

‘XXX’ Director Rob Cohen Sets Female Superhero Film ‘Razor’ as Next Project

“The Fast and the Furious” and “XXX” director Rob Cohen has set his next project, an adaptation of the ’90s cult hit comic series “Razor,” and its follow up, “Stryke.”

Created by writer Everette Hartsoe, “Razor tells the story of Nicole Mitchell, a young woman who loses her father and sister to violent crime and vows to rid her city of crime. Mitchell adopts the superhero name “Razor” (after blades worn on her arms), and confronts the crimelord who killed her family, with unforeseen consequences both earthly and mystical. Introduced in 1992, comics featuring the character Razor have collectively sold over 6 million copies worldwide.

Cohen also wrote the screenplay for “Razor, and is partnering with “The Crow” producer Jeff Most of Most Films to produce

Number 11 Films is fully financing and handling worldwide sales on the project, with “Razor” set as the first film under a new sales and financing partnership with Lotus Entertainment. The companies will be introducing the project to buyers at the upcoming Marché du Film.

“I have loved ‘Razor’ since its first publication. It has operatic themes, female empowerment, revenge, action, a love story, all shrouded in a delicious darkness that fits our time,” said Cohen.

Most added, “Rob is one of the great visionary action directors of our time. There’s no one better to deliver the visceral and resonant character of ‘Razor’ and her triumphant story of becoming a dark heroine to the big screen.”

Last edited:
‘XXX’ Director Rob Cohen Sets Female Superhero Film ‘Razor’ as Next Project

“The Fast and the Furious” and “XXX” director Rob Cohen has set his next project, an adaptation of the ’90s cult hit comic series “Razor,” and its follow up, “Stryke.”

Created by writer Everette Hartsoe, “Razor tells the story of Nicole Mitchell, a young woman who loses her father and sister to violent crime and vows to rid her city of crime. Mitchell adopts the superhero name “Razor” (after blades worn on her arms), and confronts the crimelord who killed her family, with unforeseen consequences both earthly and mystical. Introduced in 1992, comics featuring the character Razor have collectively sold over 6 million copies worldwide.

Cohen also wrote the screenplay for “Razor, and is partnering with “The Crow” producer Jeff Most of Most Films to produce

Number 11 Films is fully financing and handling worldwide sales on the project, with “Razor” set as the first film under a new sales and financing partnership with Lotus Entertainment. The companies will be introducing the project to buyers at the upcoming Marché du Film.

“I have loved ‘Razor’ since its first publication. It has operatic themes, female empowerment, revenge, action, a love story, all shrouded in a delicious darkness that fits our time,” said Cohen.

Most added, “Rob is one of the great visionary action directors of our time. There’s no one better to deliver the visceral and resonant character of ‘Razor’ and her triumphant story of becoming a dark heroine to the big screen.”

Throw Kate Upton to that role and let's get a 4 hour runtime.

I'm reading like where have I heard of Razor before? Its so familiar.

Then I scroll down to see the comic cover :lol:

90s comics :smh:

So disappointed with King Arthur.. was a poor lord of the rings rip off, with guy ritchie's typical dialogue and techniques thrown in every so often

going check alien tomorrow, need that to be good

Prometheus had so much potential.. subject matters it could have tackled or focused on.. the visuals were on point

and supposedly the script was on point too, until lost dude started working on.. then things went to crap

That and the last bond movie disappointed the hell out of me

Covenant makes some of the same mistakes. Answering some question but making a whole bunch more and not answering the ones you want.

Also they really just forgot about **** they showed in Prometheus cause things explained in this contradict those things

I watched the spoiler review from YouTube dude that was posted in one of the threads on here..

Just glad lindelof ain't involved, just going down his imdb credit page is a list of frustration..

I'm cool if they're legit building towards something.. but Prometheus was pulling lost moves without being as good as that was those first couple seasons

My expectations are super low.. but Scott restored my faith with the Martian

I dunno. I watched Prometheus (at home and enjoys fit for what it is). Didn't really agree with most that didn't like it.

But overall while mostly good to great the Alien franchise has never been my cup of tea. Intsresting but all these new movies badicsllg having the same format leaves with a meh feeling.

Back
Top Bottom