News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Karl Urban Confirms Talks To Return As JUDGE DREDD In IM Global's Live-Action Adaptation MEGA-CITY ONE

Appearing at an official Star Trek convention in Las Vegas, actor Karl Urban confirmed that he's in talks to return as Judge Dredd in IM Global's live-action series. In fact, it sounds as if he'll definitely return as long as there's substance and merit to the project. Said Urban, "I am in discussions with them about that. I told them that if they write the material and give Dredd something to do and give him a function, I will be there. I would love to."

:lol: I still haven't seen covenant but I've felt that way about the franchise for a while.

And I didn't hate Prometheus.

Just seems to be the same formula. Bring in the xenomorph for the horror element and to kill most of the cast except one survivor bring in all the philosophical why do we exist/where did we come from as th3 backdrop/theme of the story. Some new sci-fi **** and just rinse and repeat. Even the short haired female protagonist has become a cliche rehash.

Last edited:
Milla Jovovich To Play Blood Queen In ‘Hellboy’ Reboot

Director Neil Marshall has found his Blood Queen. Milla Jovovich is in final talks to join the Marshall-directed reboot of Hellboy, sources said. The plan is for her to join Stranger ThingsDavid Harbour (playing the red-skinned creature originated by Ron Perlman in the Guillermo del Toro films), and Ian McShane, who’s also set to play Professor Broom. Aron Coleite is working on the latest draft of a script by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola.

Marshall is now focusing on the reboot after coming off directing the pilot episode of Lost In Space for Netflix, with his producing partner Marc Helwig, who’s an executive producer of Hellboy. Based on the raw visual sensibilities he has shown in the films The Descent, Centurion and Dog Soldiers as well as several memorable Game of Thrones episodes, Marshall has the chops for this R-rated film.

Cowboy Ninja Viking Release Date Announced

Universal Pictures has announced a Cowboy Ninja Viking release date! The Image Comics adaptation, starring Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World franchises), will arrive in theaters on Friday, June 28, 2019, putting it head-to-head with Paramount’s Untitled Sixth Transformers Film.

Chris Pratt stars as a new kind of assassin who manifests the toughest skills of three different personas: COWBOY NINJA VIKING. The hard-edged actioner laced with attitude is based on the Image Comics graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and illustrator Riley Rossmo.

There is no director officially attached yet, though expect word soon. Universal had previously courted the 87eleven Action Design directing duo of David Leitch and Chad Stahelski (John Wick) to helm, but the two have since gone their separate ways and are both working on other projects right now (Deadpool 2 and John Wick 3, respectively). World War Z‘s Marc Forster was also previously attached to direct.

The film version of Cowboy Ninja Viking features a screenplay from Zombieland and Deadpool scribes Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, which was recently overhauled by Craig Mazin (The Hangover Part II, Identity Thief).

:lol: I still haven't seen covenant but I've felt that way about the franchise for a while.

And I didn't hate Prometheus.

Just seems to be the same formula. Bring in the xenomorph for the horror element and to kill most of the cast except one survivor bring in all the philosophical why do we exist/where did we come from. Some new sci-fi **** and just rinse and repeat. Even the short haired female protagonist has be one a cliche rehash.

Prometheus and covenant make me mad because everything was there for greatness.. look/feel/acting

Some movies are what they are and you're not expecting them to be more than they are (FF movies).. others well it's a bunch of crap so it's hard to focus on smaller elements and say that crap was what weighed everything else down (POTC now)

But there was greatness to be had in Prometheus and covenant.. whichever way they went with it really.. but no clue how they made some of he decisions they made especially in the 2nd film.. least the first I can chalk up to lost dude coming in and doing him.. figured they would learn a bit more in the second, but nope

I'm shocked nobody is speaking on the Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe series is about to come..

The series is written by by Aaron Schoenke, Joe Harris, and Andrew Rowe, with Aaron and Sean Schoenke of the Bat in the Sun / Super Power Beat Down YouTube fame. Playing Valiant’s heavy hitters are Michael Rowe (Arrow) as Colin King/Ninjak, Jason David Frank (Power Rangers) as Bloodshot, Derek Theler (Marvel’s New Warriors) as X-O Manowar, John Hennigan (Glow) as The Eternal Warrior, Ciera Foster (Two and a Half Men) as Livewire, Damion Potier (TrueBlood) as Shadowman, Craig Robert Young (The Last Ship) as British MI6 Agent Neville Alcott, and finally Alex Meglei (Divergent) and Kevin Porter (Dodgeball) respectively as Archer & Armstrong. There was a teaser trailer that dropped earlier.

Fans will have to wait just a few days before the exciting first full trailer will drop, but SYFY WIRE has an exclusive clip of the trailer of never-before-seen footage to share and an introduction by cast member and Australian pop star Chantelle Barry, who plays the series’ main villain, Roku (see above), who many Valiant readers will know from Matt Kindt’s epic run on Ninjak.

DIWZO9cUwAAt51E.jpg:orig

DIWZRp3UMAQRm0n.jpg:orig

DIWZT9_V4AAEgs9.jpg:orig

DIWZWS_UwAEZdjC.jpg:orig

DIWZ3aeVwAACCPy.jpg:orig

DIWZ4-ZV4AA30Jd.jpg:orig

DIWZ6jZUEAA5lAE.jpg:orig

DIWZ8CMUIAA_Q3L.jpg:orig

DIWaDLDUwAA1SPe.jpg:orig

Back
Top Bottom