News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore Returning for X-Men: Days of Future Past

xmenkpice.jpg

Since the announcement of X-Men: Days of Future Past, the cast has continued to grow as actors from both the original X-Men and X-Men: First Class are set to appear in the film. Now even more alumni from the original films have been confirmed for the sequel. Director Bryan Singer tweeted this afternoon that Anna Paquin (Rogue), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde), and Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) will all be back for the film. He then thanked X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner for having their characters survive.

What role these characters play in the plot is yet to be determined, but the return of Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde is a potential good omen as her character was a focal point of the original comic book storyline.

Other cast members confirmed to return for the movie include Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Hugh Jackman.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
Link

:wow:

Wow, this one is a surprise but a great one.

Guillermo del Toro Confirms DC Comics Project Dark Universe

First rumored by Latino Review last fall, IGN has now confirmed with Guillermo del Toro that plans are underway for a DC Comics ensemble film that will star quite a few of the company's supernatural characters. Similar in lineup to the current "Justice League Dark" series, the film version is being developed with the title Dark Universe and has just hired a mystery writer.

"I'm working on it," del Toro says. "I'm writing the outline and we're already in talks with a writer. A very, very good writer. People are probably going to be happy with who we have chosen. He accepted. I've been courting this writer, who I think is the perfect guy for this job. We're doing it. Hopefully it will happen."

The Pacific Rim director goes on to hint that the lineup for the project includes Swamp Thing, The Demon, John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre and the father/daughter pair of Zatara and Zatanna.

"The movement for this happened before [The Avengers]," del Toro adds about DC building its own cinematic universe. "They were already galvanized to launch 'Justice League' and they were galvanized to make their universe cohesive... They are really, really, with 'Superman', very, very confident with what they have. They are now feeling they have two pillars. Batman and Superman... There's a foundation that now they can build on."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...toro-confirms-dc-comics-project-dark-universe

It would be awesome if they coudl get Keanu to reprise his role as Constantine.

co-friggin sign. This sounds awesome. I always felt that the best product of DC Comics has been their supernatural stars and their stuff they did with Vertigo. I think if DC did a compilation movie with a lot of figures who don't have to be known by every fan but give them a slight intro like in league of extrodinary gent's it would come off real well.

I forgot all about those ppl from the X-Men.

I thought they were gonna distance themselves from the school and the early installments since they acted like First Class was a kind of new continuity as if it was a soft reboot but a Days of Future Past makes sense to bring them back. The signs were there when OG Magneto and Charles were confirmed. I wonder if Beast, Mystique, and Storm will show up.

I'm gonna have some faith in Millar for this.

I forgot all about those ppl from the X-Men.

I thought they were gonna distance themselves from the school and the early installments since they acted like First Class was a kind of new continuity as if it was a soft reboot but a Days of Future Past makes sense to bring them back. The signs were there when OG Magneto and Charles were confirmed. I wonder if Beast, Mystique, and Storm will show up.

I'm gonna have some faith in Millar for this.
Agreed. And with Vaughn still part of the film. I really hope that Fox makes this a good film. It will be cool to see some of these X-Men though...Hopefully Cyclops is in this film...Has it been confirmed?

Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: Days of Future Past

"It's epic. I don't think people realize how big this movie's going to be. We get to bring both casts together. We've cracked it in a way that it makes sense. I had a two-hour conversation with James Cameron about time travel, string theory, multiverses and all that. You have to create your rules and stick wtih them. That's why Terminator and Back To The Future work so well. And there are certain mechanisms in X-Men, certain powers, perceptions and characters, that make this possible."

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of Days Of Future Past had a whole ton of stuff going on, so it’s like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of Days Of Future Past are going to be connected to this movie."

"I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either."

"I’ll be using Twitter as an avenue. I think Twitter is an amazing thing. Very often something gets out there in the rumour-sphere, and people start building up an impression of something that might not be right. So what I want to do is just little by little drop out whatever information is official."

Yeah she clearly looks like a teenager now but I'd rather her look old than recast

Paul Giamatti Up for Rhino Role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

It looks like Marc Webb's upcoming sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man will be getting another new villain! The Hollywood Reporter says that Paul Giamatti is in talks to play the Rhino in the May 2, 2014 film. It's also being reported that Felicity Jones is in talks for an undisclosed role.

The alter-ego of Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich, the Rhino first appeared in 1966's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #41. A former low-key thug, an experiment grafted a nearly-indestructible polymer to Aleksei's skin, making him nearly unstoppable.

Giamatti appeared last in year in a variety of projects like Rock of Ages, Cosmopolis and John Dies at the End. Jones, meanwhile, is well known for roles in films like The Tempest and Like Crazy.

Already set to star Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan and Martin Sheen, the new chapter in the Spider-Man saga was already confirmed to see the debut of Electro (Foxx) and Mary Jane Watson (Woodley).

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...up-for-rhino-role-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2

So threatening!

Last edited:
Paul Giamatti... what the !@# :lol: :lol:

I already can't even see Jamie Foxx being threatening as Electro.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ Paul Giamatti as Rhino

It's not even about him being brolic, they're gonna have to put him in a suit or cgi everything but his face.

For his acting ability I don't know why he'd do it unless there's gonna be a Flowers for Rhino subplot. Alekeski has had some depth to him in recent Spidey stories so maybe it'll surprise me but right now lol not a threat.

I can see Jaime being a threat as Electro though. It just depends on how good the writing is for it to be seen as a complete success.

I can see Jaime being a threat as Electro though. It just depends on how good the writing is for it to be seen as a complete success.

"What you'll see is that, for his whole life, no one is talking to him," Foxx continues. "People have stolen his ideas at the big company. He's a nobody. At a certain point, Spider-Man bumps into him and says, 'You're my guy. You're my ears and eyes on the street.' Then he says his name, [Max] and no one has ever said [Max] Dillon's name. He goes, 'Wow' and, when Spider-Man leaves, he sort of thinks that, "I am Spider-Man's partner!" He's cutting out Spider-Man's face and pasting it on all his boards... Everything goes bad with his mom. She doesn't remember his birthday. He has something tragic happen and, when it turns on, he lights it up."

Last edited:
I missed it earlier, but I'd love Felicity Jones coming on board. I'm a fan of hers.

Last edited:

"What you'll see is that, for his whole life, no one is talking to him," Foxx continues. "People have stolen his ideas at the big company. He's a nobody. At a certain point, Spider-Man bumps into him and says, 'You're my guy. You're my ears and eyes on the street.' Then he says his name, [Max] and no one has ever said [Max] Dillon's name. He goes, 'Wow' and, when Spider-Man leaves, he sort of thinks that, "I am Spider-Man's partner!" He's cutting out Spider-Man's face and pasting it on all his boards... Everything goes bad with his mom. She doesn't remember his birthday. He has something tragic happen and, when it turns on, he lights it up."

That angle actually makes me feel a bit better.

i don't understand why these studios continue to recycle actors for these comic book movies, i mean i know of do but still :lol: :smh:

Name recognition. They'll bet you 120 million that you'll see a movie with a guy you know in it than so random dude you've never seen before
I'm the opposite, i'd rather see new actors get a chance to be the star of a movie. Give new people a chance to shine. If the script is good then there shouldn't be a problem but most of the time that isn't the case. They'd rather cash in than put out quality movies but don't realize they can do both.

I read this weeks back when he basically confirmed he'd be the villain and wasn't really all that enthralled by it. I see what they're going for. Longs way away though. I'm sure I'll read something more or from the director to be excited.

Eva Green got casted as Ava Lord in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. :evil: :pimp:

I swear, my dreamcasting back when they said they were making this in 07 was her or Angelina Jolie. So that's perfect casting to me. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom