Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

I didnt know so many people cared about lending/borrowing games and buying used games.

1. I havent done any of those things in years.
2. I dont trust anybody with my $60+ disk
3. I usually buy my games from best buy when they have a sale or something
What I liked doing was returning my games that I was done playing to get 10 to 20 bucks back that I could use towards the new game I was gonna be buying.    It was nice getting a few bucks back since on average we had to spend $85.00-$90.00 bucks a game after purchasing the DLC for the game.

:lol: This dude is spot on though.  I could careless about all of those features.   I'm buying the PS4 or XboxOne strictly for gaming purposes.

his ps4 video is hilarious as well :lol:

"I guess this was a controller press conference and not one for the actual console because they didnt show the ******g thing!"

I didnt know so many people cared about lending/borrowing games and buying used games.

what about the hundreds of thousands of people that redbox or gamefly?

What I liked doing was returning my games that I was done playing to get 10 to 20 bucks back that I could use towards the new game I was gonna be buying.    It was nice getting a few bucks back since on average we had to spend $85.00-$90.00 bucks a game after purchasing the DLC for the game.

yeah, I dont ever resell my games back, so i guess thats why.

Youtube commentator ChrisSmoove had some really good points on the Xbox reveal...

I think Xbox came with it with this reveal with the most being that 300K servers for Live.

Its so funny with Sony dudes though because they will hype up the stupidest and littlest stuff, but M$ drops really good stuff and they overlook it and point out all the negative aspects.

I want a Playstation though to play games like GTA because I prefer their controller for games like that, but I prefer the Xbox controller for FPS games.

No it's not good enough. Without innovation in game play mechanics the video game industry will die. What if there was no one to introduced shoulder buttons, analog sticks, or motion controls? Imagine still playing with Joysticks and one button.... :x

Real hardcore gamers didn't crucify Nintendo. Real hardcore gamers play games on all platforms and are objective. As offwhitewhite said, Nintendo is successful because they take chances and design their consoles around their games. Has it affected their image in the minds of some gamers? Some can argue that it has, but it doesn't change the fact they the are the most profitable company in the gaming industry. Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank.

View media item 421593

Not recently they haven't. 3DS is doing good especially in Japan and they will make a lot of money with Pokemon XY but it's not DS Status. Wii-U on the other hand is not selling well at all. They won't reach their sales forecast at the rate it's selling.

No it's not good enough. Without innovation in game play mechanics the video game industry will die. What if there was no one to introduced shoulder buttons, analog sticks, or motion controls? Imagine still playing with Joysticks and one button.... :x

Real hardcore gamers didn't crucify Nintendo. Real hardcore gamers play games on all platforms and are objective. As offwhitewhite said, Nintendo is successful because they take chances and design their consoles around their games. Has it affected their image in the minds of some gamers? Some can argue that it has, but it doesn't change the fact they the are the most profitable company in the gaming industry. Nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank.

View media item 421593

Not recently they haven't. 3DS is doing good especially in Japan and they will make a lot of money with Pokemon XY but it's not DS Status. Wii-U on the other hand is not selling well at all. They won't reach their sales forecast at the rate it's selling.
just cause mario zelda and their 1st party tiles havent been announced or released yet once they do bet u they gonna be flying off shelves

Youtube commentator ChrisSmoove had some really good points on the Xbox reveal...

I think Xbox came with it with this reveal with the most being that 300K servers for Live.

Its so funny with Sony dudes though because they will hype up the stupidest and littlest stuff, but M$ drops really good stuff and they overlook it and point out all the negative aspects.

I want a Playstation though to play games like GTA because I prefer their controller for games like that, but I prefer the Xbox controller for FPS games.

I used to be in the same boat. But when the xbox 360 came out with the bumper buttons it was game over for me. The controller just felt more natural in my hands and it was enough for me to overlook the power disparity between the 360 and ps3.

The sad part is I got my PS3 when it went on a close out sale(I have the older bigger one.) and after God of War III and Uncharted 3, I only use my PS3 as a blu-ray player...I would get a blu-ray player itself and get rid of the PS3 but I'm far too lazy to do it.

Nintendo is building hardware around their software but only their software. The third party situation for the Wii-U is dire. EA has NO games in development for it at all, not even Fifa which is still coming out on PS2. A lot of devs are ignoring it as well.

If you saw Sony's conference you'll see that they contacted their studios and third party devs for advice and that's why it got the most praise. That's why you see GDDR5 everywhere because they built it with developers in mind after the battering they got over the PS3.

I do agree with some of the bad practices we see today from some devs but it's not everyone.

Also no way you'll get a PC that will cost less than the PS4 and will perform better. I built a PC recently with an AMD 7850 and that cost £150 alone. Total price was £760. The GPU in the PS4 is meant to be power wise in between a 7850 and a 7970 and as we know consoles sell at a lost when they first release. They are more efficient since they are made with games in mind.
Like I stated, EA is a horrible company and it's a blessing they're not with Nintendo anymore. They've been voted the worst company in the world 2 years in a row. They responded by releasing a unplayable version of Sim City. Then they patched it to make it even worse and called it a day by releasing a statement that said, "We sold a lot of copies. Game is a success, people love it. Bye". 

Who needs EA when Sega and Nintendo have partnered up again? Wii U is at a sluggish start, no doubt it, but so was the 3DS and now that the big games are out with more coming it's been recognized as the flat out best destination for video games and on route for the best selling console of all time. A record held by...Nintendo. Nintendo is the best selling and highest reviewed company of all time. That's why I think this video game console cycle will be a disaster. Without Nintendo to innovate and Sony and M$ to copy, this is going to be a very un-eventful generation.

Sony is heading in the right direction but they are still leaving a lot to be desired. Problem with Sony and M$ is that they don't develop video games so don't actually know how to build a console around what gamers want. Yeah, they have internal studios and those are mostly terrible. 

I don't want to sound negative, but I can't sound positive either being as there's nothing to go on yet. I cross my fingers for some good games but I know that's not gonna happen.

Tech Demos
FPS military shooter
FPS Sc-Fi shooter
Kinect Games
Racing Game

Sports Games

FPS shooter with a gimmick (CoD dogs)
More Tech Demos

Multi-platform games

Also, I built a PC last year with a 7870, 16 gigs of ram and a i5. Total cost = around $600.
ohwell.gif

just cause mario zelda and their 1st party tiles havent been announced or released yet once they do bet u they gonna be flying off shelves

The gamecube had had Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda etc. all the first party games and only sold 23 Million compared to 25 million for XBox and 156 million for the PS2.

I'm not saying the Wii-U will have the same amount of sales as the gamecube. I think it will sell much more since the Wii made Nintendo a lot more popular but first party games isn't enough.
They need something like motion controls, Wii sport, Wii-Fit, something big which the Wii-U gamepad isn't

This show made me glad I have my PC and Wii u. Every game will be on my PC and some on my Wii u. I liked a lot of those features but nothing I will but a box four.

The ps4 and Xbox have the same specs minus gpu. Sadly a $600 PC will do everything those systems can and more. They can't even run the new unreal engine fully

The gamecube had had Mario Kart, Smash, Zelda etc. all the first party games and only sold 23 Million compared to 25 million for XBox and 156 million for the PS2.

I'm not saying the Wii-U will have the same amount of sales as the gamecube. I think it will sell much more since the Wii made Nintendo a lot more popular but first party games isn't enough.
They need something like motion controls, Wii sport, Wii-Fit, something big which the Wii-U gamepad isn't

Didn't RE4 also start out as an exclusive for GC?

This show made me glad I have my PC and Wii u. Every game will be on my PC and some on my Wii u. I liked a lot of those features but nothing I will but a box four.

The ps4 and Xbox have the same specs minus gpu. Sadly a $600 PC will do everything those systems can and more. They can't even run the new unreal engine fully

Can it play Halo, Gears, Uncharted, and God of War?

This wont be an issue when someone eventually figures out how to flash the console so burned games work on it. Piracy is about to be more prevalent than ever

I learned absolutely nothing from listening to the fanboy talk. He started by saying they showed a lot of gameplay. So that's a blatant lie already.

Then he fiends the next 5 minutes talking about EA and Activision getting DLC first. And says what's the point of getting a ps4 if Xbox gets content first :lol: That's fanboy talk if I ever heard it.

The good things people should take from the conference today is....

If you like the Kinect, they really did upgrade. And it really is a cool item.

The 300k servers

And the 17 exclusives. 8 being new IPs.

Everything else was underwhelming.

But today it really felt like I was listening to them talk about the Xbox 360 2.0 instead of them talking bout their next gen console.

I went in ready to buy the new Xbox. Now I really don't know.

Nothing in the history of video games has sold as well as the Nintendo DS. Like you said the 3DS is doing just fine and has a install base of about 35 million and it will continue to grow.

Despite what gaming media says Nintendo is still profitable with the Wii U. After 6 months on the market it has install base of about 4 million worldwide with a high game attach ratio. This means that the company is making money off of each system sold. Could they be doing better, SURE... But Nintendo will be releasing all of their major hitters this fall. And by major hitters I mean games that all sell 10 million units plus. Even with new hardware on the horizon Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Wii Fit U, HD Zelda Windwaker Remake, etc will move units and help them achieve their sales targets. Not to mention the fact the Wii U will be priced $100-$200 cheaper than the new consoles.

If true this is great news for gamers. That no used games thing sucks. I really hope Microsoft clears this up.

Like I stated, EA is a horrible company and it's a blessing they're not with Nintendo anymore. They've been voted the worst company in the world 2 years in a row. They responded by releasing a unplayable version of Sim City. Then they patched it to make it even worse and called it a day by releasing a statement that said, "We sold a lot of copies. Game is a success, people love it. Bye". 

Who needs EA when Sega and Nintendo have partnered up again? Wii U is at a sluggish start, no doubt it, but so was the 3DS and now that the big games are out with more coming it's been recognized as the flat out best destination for video games and on route for the best selling console of all time. A record held by...Nintendo. Nintendo is the best selling and highest reviewed company of all time. That's why I think this video game console cycle will be a disaster. Without Nintendo to innovate and Sony and M$ to copy, this is going to be a very un-eventful generation.

Sony is heading in the right direction but they are still leaving a lot to be desired. Problem with Sony and M$ is that they don't develop video games so don't actually know how to build a console around what gamers want. Yeah, they have internal studios and those are mostly terrible. 

I don't want to sound negative, but I can't sound positive either being as there's nothing to go on yet. I cross my fingers for some good games but I know that's not gonna happen.

Tech Demos

FPS military shooter

FPS Sc-Fi shooter

Kinect Games

Racing Game
Sports Games
FPS shooter with a gimmick (CoD dogs)

More Tech Demos
Multi-platform games

Also, I built a PC last year with a 7870, 16 gigs of ram and a i5. Total cost = around $600.
ohwell.gif

I agree the situation with Sim city was bad and EA deserves to be called out but a console needs third party games and EA makes a lot of them. Sega is great but they're releasing 3 Sonic games and a HD Yakuza collection that came out on the PS3 last year. You can't compare that to Fifa, Battlefield, Burnout, Need for Speed etc

3DS is doing great but it's not on track to be the best selling console which is the PS2 BTW not the DS. The DS is still around 3 million behind the PS2 but it was a beast. I also think the industry will survive easily without Nintendo hardware. Their software is what makes them great.

I don't know how you can say Sony's internal studio are terrible. Games like Puppeteer, Journey, Rain, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Panopticon are examples of games that are not in the genre's you mentioned.

Nice price on the PC, it's probably the UK tax that inflated the price.

My main issue with PC gaming has always and always will be its unpopularity. Only one of my friends PC games still, and two others used to but they moved over to consoles so they could play with the rest of us. It needs to be come more accessible to the gneeral population

Last edited:
Can it play Halo, Gears, Uncharted, and God of War?
Can the con oles play Dota , civilization, Sim city and any other big PC franchise. Exclusives are another thing but a PC will play any multi plateform just as good if not better

:lol: you can't be serious

And you are completely ignoring all the headaches that come with PC gaming

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom