Next Gen Xbox Reveal Confirmed for May 21

I'm 100% sure that Microsoft could've made it smaller, but chose not to just so that in another 2/3 years after it releases they can drop another "slim" Xbox One. The same thing will happen with the PS4. It's marketing/distribution 101 for technology companies.
Isn't PS4 using a smaller more powerful chip then Xbox One? man ...can't see cat lugging this beast around the house when they cleaning or redecorating the house
laugh.gif

Games like League and Diablo are not the same on consoles.

Remember Halo Wars?

It'd just be too difficult to navigate these top down games on console.

Your house computer probably cant run any game on max settings though which makes it kind of pointless
These guys talking about PC games don't know their information. 
laugh.gif

Diablo 3 sold 12 million.

Half-Life 2 11 million.

Minecraft sold 10 million on PC. 20 million on all platforms.

Battlefield 2 11 million.

Starcraft franchise 16 million.
I was only speaking in my small circle. I'm not about to commit to PC gaming when none of my real life friends play it. 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-have-mandatory-game-installs

Clarification on used games / game sharing. Basically each game is tied to a Xbox account. You can play the game on another system (w/o a fee) as long as you're signed into your account. If you want to play on another account other than yours you have to pay the aforementioned fee. The fee is full MSRP. Even on the same system.

I really want to know how Microsoft will defend this. Personally I'm 20 in school and can't afford to buy every game I want. Usually me and my bro pay halfway on a game and share it. Everyone who buys a system isn't 25+ with a full time job. Alot of Kids play video games. Kids have friends/siblings and share games all the time. If I have to buy Halo 5 twice just so me any my bro can both play.... nah I'm good with PS4 for now. The 'One' will be copped 2-3 years from now when I'm out of school and on my own.

And judging by people on twitter, I'm not alone on feeling this http://www.gamespot.com/twitter-battle/xbox-vs-ps4/?edition=desktop

Last edited:

Remember Halo Wars?

Halo Wars was the only RTS I really enjoyed. The simplicity of it made it great.

Remember Halo Wars?

Halo Wars was the only RTS I really enjoyed. The simplicity of it made it great.

I'm not saying it wasn't fun, but the controls to me felt foreign and it didn't feel it ran as smoothly or as seamlessly as a PC RTS game.

Certain games are built for PC.

A game like Battlefield 3, I feel like the only way you can get the full Battlefield experience is to play on PC.

Last edited:
How did you PC gamers like Red Dead Redemption?
Liked it great on my Xbox 360, one of the best games I've ever played this generation. Would have looked Gorgeous on the PC. 

I could use the same example for multiple PC games that are hands down the definite experience on PC. Like BioShock: Infinite; critics went as far to say it looks like another game on the PC with videos are screenshots to support their claim. Also, Tomb Raider with the Tress FX technology. Just Cause 2 with over 200 people in multiplayer with no lag.

Point being, it's stupid to fully commit to one Console next generation. It's also stupid to say games on Consoles are superior to their PC counterparts when it's false.

Last edited:

Remember Halo Wars?

I'm not saying it wasn't fun, but the controls to me felt foreign and it didn't feel it ran as smoothly or as seamlessly as a PC RTS game.

Certain games are built for PC.

A game like Battlefield 3, I feel like the only way you can get the full Battlefield experience is to play on PC.
I totally agree, RTS games really dont belong on consoles. When it comes to shooters I prefer consoles, I hated battlefield but when H2 PC came out and the mouse kids emerged it ruined the game. With H2s swing sniping plus mouse aim the sniper was just too powerful. The difference in aim quality of mice and controllers is too much.

I totally agree, RTS games really dont belong on consoles. When it comes to shooters I prefer consoles, I hated battlefield but when H2 PC came out and the mouse kids emerged it ruined the game. With H2s swing sniping plus mouse aim the sniper was just too powerful. The difference in aim quality of mice and controllers is too much.
I don't think I've ever heard the argument for controller over Mouse and Keyboard in FPS controls.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get the same precision that you would on a mouse from a controller. 

League of Legends is rumored to be coming to Xbox One

Diablo 3 will be on consoles

Minecraft is on Xbox 360

Truth is that a strictly PC gamer is missing out on more than the guy who games on consoles

Those are all PC games being ported to Consoles with half the features How are the missing out when they have the definite definitive version? You should use something better to support your argument like console exclusives cause that made no sense. 
laugh.gif

So you're telling me that PC gamers are not missing out on console exclusives?

Liked it great on my Xbox 360, one of the best games I've ever played this generation. Would have looked Gorgeous on the PC. 

I could use the same example for multiple PC games that are hands down the definite experience on PC. Like BioShock: Infinite; critics went as far to say it looks like another game on the PC with videos are screenshots to support their claim. Also, Tomb Raider with the Tress FX technology. Just Cause 2 with over 200 people in multiplayer with no lag.

Point being, it's stupid to fully commit to one Console next generation. It's also stupid to say games on Consoles are superior to their PC counterparts when it's false.

It's also stupid to act like the visual appearance of a game is the main factor in having an enjoyable gaming experience.

He makes a great point. Neat lil features were talked about like they were ground breaking

But then again, MS doesn't get the lil stuff right better than the competition

basically a lot of useless **** that has nothing to do with gaming

Can anyone in their right mind say that Kinect is great for games? What great games have come out that use Kinect and make it fun to use?

Kinect is also a feature that is not being implemented for games. It seems to be mainly for the media player aspect.

That is one of the main reasons why I am seriously considering not buying this thing. They are forcing kinect, which has already been proven to be almost useless.
They used resources for Kinect that they could have used to make this thing as powerful as the Ps4. At least they could have not forced Kinect and the price could have probably been lower.

I used to be an xbox stan too :{ :x

The gaming stuff is at E3 brah.

Last edited:
To me it's not as much as the controls, but the total experience.

Call of Duty started out as a PC game, but in recent years it's exploded onto Xbox because of MP with Xbox Live and PSN. Not EVERYONE can build a PC that runs games while doing everything else. But people with consoles know that the game WILL run. I am more comfortable with playing shooters on PC. But since most of my friends play on console, that's what I usually play on.

FPS use to dominate on PCs, especially with games like Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament, and Quake. That's kind of changed now because it's more practical for people to buy games on a console and know it'll run than continuously updating their PC for the next big game.

But to me RTS will never make the transition to consoles because navigation/control wise it just doesn't work.

Last edited:

It's also stupid to act like the visual appearance of a game is the main factor in having an enjoyable gaming experience.

It might be to some.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, but I do take it into consideration.

To me it's not as much as the controls, but the total experience.

Call of Duty started out as a PC game, but in recent years it's exploded onto Xbox because of MP with Xbox Live and PSN. Not EVERYONE can build a PC that runs games while doing everything else. But people with consoles know that the game WILL run. I am more comfortable with playing shooters on PC. But since most of my friends play on console, that's what I usually play on.

FPS use to dominate on PCs, especially with games like Counter-Strike, Unreal Tournament, and Quake. That's kind of changed now because it's more practical for people to buy games on a console and know it'll run than continuously updating their PC for the next big game.

But to me RTS will never make the transition to consoles because navigation/control wise it just doesn't work.

They said the same thing about FPS at one time too though

I don't think I've ever heard the argument for controller over Mouse and Keyboard in FPS controls.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get the same precision that you would on a mouse from a controller. 
The mice are far superior which is the problem. Shooters have now become console dominated games so whenever theres a game thats on both and you move over, the mice kids have a glaring advantage. I'm more comfortable using controllers at this point but it bothers me that in order to do so I have to severely handicap myself.

Last edited:
Sega >>>>>> EA as a software developer. For Nintendo 3 exclusive Sonic games will have a greater impact than a Battlefield, Madden, or FIFA. Nintendo has never had major support from EA nor any third party since the SNES. Rehashes like FIFA, and Maddden are hugely popular but are not needed on Nintendo consoles to move units. The Wii is a perfect example of this. It sold 100 million units off the strength of Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and Mario Galaxy.

Will Nintendo sell 100 million+ units of the Wii U? Probably not, but will they be profitable and have amazing games on their console? Yes!

And lets not forget Ubisoft, Capcom, Square-Enix, Activision and other Japanese developers are still supporting the console and will be revealing Wii U games at E3.

As far as the industry surviving without Nintendo... I don't see it. Nintendo's hardware moves the industry forward. There will be no shoulder buttons, 4 button layout, motion controls, analog sticks, 3D plat formers without Nintendo. You won't have Nintendo software without Nintendo hardware. Microsoft and Sony have done a great job in their own right, but Nintendo is the only pure gaming that innovates in the industry.
I just :{ when I saw that. I was more confused than anything. LOL

How do you know they will be profitable? The Wii-U is not selling at a profit currently.

As for why they don't have support from third parties, isn't one of the main reasons due to their hardware? The Wii missed out because it wasn't powerful enough and the same thing is happening to the Wii-U. It's not even getting some PS3/360 ports not to talk of then XB1 and PS4 games.

They innovate but don't take care of the simple things. The Wii-U has a unique pad but no analog triggers, no ethernet port and no account system so games are tied to the console not your account. The 3DS has only one analog slider and you have to buy the an attachment to get the second slider. To me they should take care of the basics first. It's all well and good bringing new things to the table but tie your shoelaces first.

Speaking of Nintendo innovating, they've copied just like Sony and MS. They GCE vectrex had an analog stick before Nintendo but who knows about them.
Go here and see what else they copied https://sites.google.com/site/neotechni/Home/copies

It might be to some.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, but I do take it into consideration.

It could be, but look at games like Minecraft. Visually impressive is the last thing you could call it, but it's still insanely successful.

Experience > Appearance

Back
Top Bottom