NFC Divisional Game: Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears (Soldier Field, 1/16/11, 10AM PT, FOX)

[h1]Let’s hear it for Jay Cutler[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2011, 5:04 PM EST

j-cutler2.jpg

Rick Reilly has done the impossible.

No, he hasn’t written a new version of Leatherheads that doesn’t, you know, completely suck.  Reilly has made Bears quarterback Jay Cutler into a sympathetic — and thus likable — figure.

Cutler had given us not much to feel good about in five NFL seasons.  Apart from playing much of the 2007 season with undiagnosed Type I diabetes (we’d hate to see how long it would have taken to catch the disease if he didn’t work for a company that has a team of doctors available at any given moment), Cutler hasn’t done much of anything that makes many people want to buy his jersey and/or see him be successful.

Suddenly, however, we want the guy to be successful.  Personally, I want to see him win the Super Bowl.

And it’s all Rick Reilly’s fault.

When last mentioned on these pages, Reilly was being castigated by Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports for recklessly characterizing some of the nuances of a morning jog on the cobblestones of Pamplona next to a battalion of large, horned mammals.  Though Reilly’s latest effort won’t potentially place anyone who relies on the accuracy of his words in danger (grave or otherwise), it represents the kind of superficially-reasoned bias that clumsily hides a deeper agenda.

Reilly makes it clear that he doesn’t like Cutler.  But it’s unclear why.  Maybe Cutler didn’t act sufficiently impressed with the guy who allowed himself to believe that being a damn good back-page-of-SI columnist meant that he had the chops to write movies (he doesn’t) or host SportsCenter (he definitely doesn’t).  Maybe “Riles

[h1]Let’s hear it for Jay Cutler[/h1]
Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2011, 5:04 PM EST

j-cutler2.jpg

Rick Reilly has done the impossible.

No, he hasn’t written a new version of Leatherheads that doesn’t, you know, completely suck.  Reilly has made Bears quarterback Jay Cutler into a sympathetic — and thus likable — figure.

Cutler had given us not much to feel good about in five NFL seasons.  Apart from playing much of the 2007 season with undiagnosed Type I diabetes (we’d hate to see how long it would have taken to catch the disease if he didn’t work for a company that has a team of doctors available at any given moment), Cutler hasn’t done much of anything that makes many people want to buy his jersey and/or see him be successful.

Suddenly, however, we want the guy to be successful.  Personally, I want to see him win the Super Bowl.

And it’s all Rick Reilly’s fault.

When last mentioned on these pages, Reilly was being castigated by Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports for recklessly characterizing some of the nuances of a morning jog on the cobblestones of Pamplona next to a battalion of large, horned mammals.  Though Reilly’s latest effort won’t potentially place anyone who relies on the accuracy of his words in danger (grave or otherwise), it represents the kind of superficially-reasoned bias that clumsily hides a deeper agenda.

Reilly makes it clear that he doesn’t like Cutler.  But it’s unclear why.  Maybe Cutler didn’t act sufficiently impressed with the guy who allowed himself to believe that being a damn good back-page-of-SI columnist meant that he had the chops to write movies (he doesn’t) or host SportsCenter (he definitely doesn’t).  Maybe “Riles

I mean.... you only posted like 47 articles about Cutler I can't help but say something 
laugh.gif

No shots fired though, do your thing. 

I mean.... you only posted like 47 articles about Cutler I can't help but say something 
laugh.gif

No shots fired though, do your thing. 

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

shots fired
nerd.gif

nah im just playing...

anyway

i honestly dont think seattle can go in to chicago and win this game...time zone change...weather...bears well rested

prove me wrong though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

shots fired
nerd.gif

nah im just playing...

anyway

i honestly dont think seattle can go in to chicago and win this game...time zone change...weather...bears well rested

prove me wrong though.
pimp.gif

Seahags have no chance. The Chicago Bears will be playing in the NFC Championship game. Muthufreaking guaranteed.

Seahags have no chance. The Chicago Bears will be playing in the NFC Championship game. Muthufreaking guaranteed.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

arstyle27 wrote:
aew7t4.jpg

That's fine , Pablo from Seattle, you can deny your ultimate fate, I'm just the bearer of truth. You, Benjamin Button kid, and 50 Cent can send me a wet letter from Seattle apologizing after the Bears do work on Sunday afternoon.

arstyle27 wrote:
aew7t4.jpg

That's fine , Pablo from Seattle, you can deny your ultimate fate, I'm just the bearer of truth. You, Benjamin Button kid, and 50 Cent can send me a wet letter from Seattle apologizing after the Bears do work on Sunday afternoon.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

arstyle27 wrote:
aew7t4.jpg

aew7t4.jpg

Originally Posted by arstyle27

arstyle27 wrote:
aew7t4.jpg

aew7t4.jpg

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/433445_jersey.html

Boy wears Steelers jersey to school, gets sent home

By KOMO-TV

TACOMA -- A 13-year-old student at Tacoma's Truman Middle School just wanted to show his team spirit when he wore a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey to his school's Seahawks appreciation day on Friday.

But school administrators sent Grendon Bailie home, saying his choice of clothing was inappropriate -- and that Seahawks shirts or colors were the only exception allowed outside the uniform school's normal strict dress code.

Now the seventh-grader says he feels it was unfair for the school to single him out for punishment, simply because he and his family are Steelers fans and not Seahawks fans.

"Not everyone is a Seahawks fan -- and if they got to wear their team stuff then I should, too," Grendon said.

But the school district says Grendon and all other students were warned on Thursday that anyone who didn't want to wear Seahawks colors should wear their normal school uniform, which is limited to certain styles and colors of clothing.

In fact, Grendon admits that he specifically asked the school's vice principal the day before if he could wear his Steelers jersey, and was told he could not because it was Seahawks spirit day.

"This boy came in a different color, a different team, and he was asked, if he didn't want to participate in the Seahawks colors day, then he could wear his uniform," said Tacoma School District spokeswoman Stacy Flores.

Grendon's dad, Stoughton B. Bailie Sr., says his son and the whole family are die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fans, and his son felt he should be able to show his team spirit like the other students at his school.

"I didn't force him to do it. I said I'd stand behind him if he wanted to do it, and this morning I gave him the choice," Stoughton says. "I said, 'What do you want to wear?' and he said, 'I'm wearing my Steelers stuff.' "

Grendon's dad also says he sent his son to school with a note explaining the boy's decision so he wouldn't get in trouble, but school officials refused to even read it.

"He was immediately told that he had to leave and change his clothes or face an in- school suspension for the day," Stoughton said.

Grendon's dad picked him at the school after officials refused to let him attend classes in his Steelers regalia.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are facing the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC playoffs this weekend, and Grendon says he has no plans to watch the Seahawks-Bears game.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/433445_jersey.html

Boy wears Steelers jersey to school, gets sent home

By KOMO-TV

TACOMA -- A 13-year-old student at Tacoma's Truman Middle School just wanted to show his team spirit when he wore a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey to his school's Seahawks appreciation day on Friday.

But school administrators sent Grendon Bailie home, saying his choice of clothing was inappropriate -- and that Seahawks shirts or colors were the only exception allowed outside the uniform school's normal strict dress code.

Now the seventh-grader says he feels it was unfair for the school to single him out for punishment, simply because he and his family are Steelers fans and not Seahawks fans.

"Not everyone is a Seahawks fan -- and if they got to wear their team stuff then I should, too," Grendon said.

But the school district says Grendon and all other students were warned on Thursday that anyone who didn't want to wear Seahawks colors should wear their normal school uniform, which is limited to certain styles and colors of clothing.

In fact, Grendon admits that he specifically asked the school's vice principal the day before if he could wear his Steelers jersey, and was told he could not because it was Seahawks spirit day.

"This boy came in a different color, a different team, and he was asked, if he didn't want to participate in the Seahawks colors day, then he could wear his uniform," said Tacoma School District spokeswoman Stacy Flores.

Grendon's dad, Stoughton B. Bailie Sr., says his son and the whole family are die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fans, and his son felt he should be able to show his team spirit like the other students at his school.

"I didn't force him to do it. I said I'd stand behind him if he wanted to do it, and this morning I gave him the choice," Stoughton says. "I said, 'What do you want to wear?' and he said, 'I'm wearing my Steelers stuff.' "

Grendon's dad also says he sent his son to school with a note explaining the boy's decision so he wouldn't get in trouble, but school officials refused to even read it.

"He was immediately told that he had to leave and change his clothes or face an in- school suspension for the day," Stoughton said.

Grendon's dad picked him at the school after officials refused to let him attend classes in his Steelers regalia.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are facing the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC playoffs this weekend, and Grendon says he has no plans to watch the Seahawks-Bears game.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

I agree...props to that administration
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

kid needs to stop crying

2a8rsk2.gif

Back
Top Bottom