NFL Combine (2/23/11 - 3/1/11)

Ponder will be the best QB of this draft IMO. But ONLY if he's drafted by the right team & into the right situation.

I'm not sold on Gabbert. I watched many of his games, he simply didn't impress me much. How you run a spread offense in the Big 12 and throw only 16 TD passes? Not only that, but he wasn't on All-Big 12 1st or 2nd team. Just saying...

Now he could very well become an elite QB, but i just think the media is hyping him up only because their isn't another QB who's as proven as he is in this draft. If Luck, Barkley and Landry Jones was in a draft with Gabbert, we wouldn't even be talking about him.

It's late and im tired so i hope ya get what I mean
roll.gif

Ponder will be the best QB of this draft IMO. But ONLY if he's drafted by the right team & into the right situation.

I'm not sold on Gabbert. I watched many of his games, he simply didn't impress me much. How you run a spread offense in the Big 12 and throw only 16 TD passes? Not only that, but he wasn't on All-Big 12 1st or 2nd team. Just saying...

Now he could very well become an elite QB, but i just think the media is hyping him up only because their isn't another QB who's as proven as he is in this draft. If Luck, Barkley and Landry Jones was in a draft with Gabbert, we wouldn't even be talking about him.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

That can pretty much be said for any other QB in most drafts.

I don't like Gabbert much either though.

That can pretty much be said for any other QB in most drafts.

I don't like Gabbert much either though.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

^ I'm pretty sure you can't trade people for picks if they don't agree to a new CBA...which they won't by the draft.

this and this.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

^ I'm pretty sure you can't trade people for picks if they don't agree to a new CBA...which they won't by the draft.

this and this.

roll.gif
He had much better stats his sophomore year. That isnt the reason he sucks. The reason he sucks is cause he doesnt have pocket presence, doesnt anticipate and throw his WR's open, and has happy feet.

roll.gif
He had much better stats his sophomore year. That isnt the reason he sucks. The reason he sucks is cause he doesnt have pocket presence, doesnt anticipate and throw his WR's open, and has happy feet.

Funny how ESPN had that year of the quarterback special like it was going to be a good year, none of these dudes are going to amount to anything in the league. I still don't get the hype for Gabbert, dude didn't impress me at all during the season.

Funny how ESPN had that year of the quarterback special like it was going to be a good year, none of these dudes are going to amount to anything in the league. I still don't get the hype for Gabbert, dude didn't impress me at all during the season.

Back
Top Bottom