NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how they allow DBs to play a bit, I do agree with that minus the random phantom PI calls
But still awful. What Young said was correct but inelastic demand can and has been shifted before. Doesn't last forever
It won't last forever. But for now it's not a money problem to the NFL because it hasn't cost them anything so far. But, if these games keep running over their time slot with no overtime it could get to be a real problem for Goodell. These scabs take far too long to make calls which result in longer games that crossover into the next hour slot on NBC, Fox, and CBS. Producers and executives of TV shows don't play millions for their programs to be caught "already in progress."

I like how they allow DBs to play a bit, I do agree with that minus the random phantom PI calls
But still awful. What Young said was correct but inelastic demand can and has been shifted before. Doesn't last forever
It won't last forever. But for now it's not a money problem to the NFL because it hasn't cost them anything so far. But, if these games keep running over their time slot with no overtime it could get to be a real problem for Goodell. These scabs take far too long to make calls which result in longer games that crossover into the next hour slot on NBC, Fox, and CBS. Producers and executives of TV shows don't play millions for their programs to be caught "already in progress."

actually
http://deadspin.com/5942610/how-daytime-football-games-became-primetime-football-games

:stoneface: At golden Tate catching a fine for blowing up Sean Lee :smh:

First thing your taught in football is keep your head in a swivel or your gonna get blown up.

i kind of always felt that way about rodgers 
nerd.gif
Me too, and it will probably be the Packers down fall. 

He doesn't take the blame for things and like we saw when the Packers lost to the 49ers he blamed the refs, even though every team has to deal with these refs. 

Last edited:
Rodgers has said in the E:60 that he's very confident in himself which is needed if you want to be a good quarterback. Pretty much means the same thing as being full of yourself.

All the greats in any sport are full of themselves in some way. If you're not you start to second guess yourself, make mistakes, and lose all confidence. Not being full of yourself probably has a lot to do with a players downfall. Brady Quinn is one of the first people that comes to mind.

Rodgers has said in the E:60 that he's very confident in himself which is needed if you want to be a good quarterback. Pretty much means the same thing as being full of yourself.

All the greats in any sport are full of themselves in some way. If you're not you start to second guess yourself, make mistakes, and lose all confidence. Not being full of yourself probably has a lot to do with a players downfall. Brady Quinn is one of the first people that comes to mind.

aaron rodgers w/o confidence = mark sanchez

Quote:
indifferent.gif
At golden Tate catching a fine for blowing up Sean Lee
mean.gif

First thing your taught in football is keep your head in a swivel or your gonna get blown up.
Even worse is that Sean Lee said it wasn't a hit to the head.

21 Thou down the drain
laugh.gif

I don't agree with the fine but I guess I can see why. Tate came from under and went upward with the block so I guess he semi launched himself?

aaron rodgers w/o confidence = mark sanchez

LOL. I really laughed at the Rodgers w/o confidence comparisons. :rofl:

But seriously tho, Finley's agent doesn't consider Aaron Rodgers elite and lacks leadership.... child please.

I agree about the replacement refs, even though they are screwing up a lot of plays, the NFL isn't all that pressured considering fans will still be watching every game come Sunday. Granted there are issues involved with these refs messing up calls, but if the fans are watching no matter what, the league has some leeway.

VY |I

If Tate didnt launch and lean upwards there probably isnt a discussion or fine with it. Turbin had a similar block on Ware in the game but he stayed low throughout the process

Ware was just as defenseless as Lee was

:stoneface: First thing your taught in football is keep your head in a swivel or your gonna get blown up.

This.

I'm not surprised of the fine though. It falls under what they would call a "defenseless player."

How he defenseless ?

It's no different than a QB getting level off the blind side

Or a guard pulling an leveling a DE / LB coming thru the line

:smh: at the NFL

Are you kidding? That's been "defenseless" ever since that rule has been introduced. Pretty much anything where the opposition doesn't raise his hands or lower his shoulder to engage in contact (in the open field).

Also, there's some leeway to those rules when the QB has the ball in the pocket. Don't get upset with me...That's just the way it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom