NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I said the Skins win 6-8 games max this year. Folks got so hyped off the first game, they turned the cheek on the glaring flaws the Skins had.

Where was that one dude on here predicting the Skins would win the division and go to the Superbowl?

All these games have shown me is that RG III is the real deal and that for once in the last 20 years the Skins have a QB who is a factor and they are not out of it if they fall behind by a couple of scores.

In past if the Skins went down by 14 points.......you might as well shut the game off and go mow the yard or run some errands. At least they are relevant and have a chance.

That defense is slowwwww......slow and stupid.

DHB wasn't concussed, looking at a neck injury. I've already stated that the state of the game has made me change my buying habits. I hope others join. I'm tired of Mike and Mike who keep telling people they can't make a difference, numbers don't change so the NFL isn't affected, etc. Regardless of short term effects (or lack of), the league is setting itself up for long term damage. The NFLs arrogance is turning me away from the game almost as much as the direction it has gone. It surprises me some of these radio heads don't grasp that concept and just keep saying 'the NFL has no reason to change'

Good for Torrey out there, vicious game last night. Reminded me of the old Ravens v Steelers games

I was really nervous about DHB. He wasn't moving his hands, arms, legs, feet when he was on the stretcher. I was even more nervous as his arms started to drop from this chest & the EMT had to put them back up. I was like oh damn, he couldn't pick his arms up himself. They when he gave the thumbs up...Phew....Hate to see dudes get hurt like that....Hope all is ok...

I was really nervous about DHB. He wasn't moving his hands, arms, legs, feet when he was on the stretcher. I was even more nervous as his arms started to drop from this chest & the EMT had to put them back up. I was like oh damn, he couldn't pick his arms up himself. They when he gave the thumbs up...Phew....Hate to see dudes get hurt like that....Hope all is ok...
Exactly how I felt. Thought the worse instantly....paralyzed. Vicious hit. DHB is a tough young man so I know he'll be back soon, but I'll be lying if I said I wasn't scared for his well-being. :smh:

Crazy NFL Sunday yesterday.
eek.gif

And I missed most of it.
frown.gif

One thing though, week by week the replacement refs are leaving more of an imprint on these games. Things are going to stay status quo for the NFL and Gooddell though. It will probably take a player getting serious injured as a result of rhese refs for them to re-open negotiations with the regular officials, and I hope it doesn't come to that.

http://yfrog.us/fkvvgyrgtqzetiienrhqkpiez

" Damn basedgod! Brandon Marshall bugged out! "I can't go to warren sapp and find out how to be a good father, cause he isn't in his children's life"

Warren sapp said Brandon's disorder makes him "******ed"

Warren sapp emails marshall "where and when" end of email lol"

Brandon Marshall put that link in his mentions

"Football doesn't make us. There's more to life than just playing football so make sure that you have a great balance in your life, surround yourself with good people and guys like Warren Sapp I feel sorry for." Brandon Marshall

Brandon Marshall recorded a video criticizing former NFL player and current television analyst Warren Sapp for ripping the Chicago Bears receiver during a radio interview on Friday.

Marshall, who has disclosed publicly that he has received treatment for borderline personality disorder and anger management, responded Monday morning with a video that appears to have been shot by a camera mounted on his vehicle's dashboard.

{C} begin inline 1

i
Football doesn't make us. There's more to life than just playing football, so make sure that you have a great balance in your life, surround yourself with good people, and guys like Warren Sapp I feel sorry for.
-- Brandon Marshall
{C} end inline 1

"I got a really disturbing heads-up on something Warren Sapp said, called me ******ed. That's really disappointing to hear that from an NFL legend, but I'm going to take this as a lesson, and I think we all can learn from this," Marshall said in the video posted online. "Be very careful who you take advice from. You want to surround yourself with good people, godly people. When I look at Warren Sapp, I can't go to him and talk about finances because he filed for bankruptcy. I can't go to him and talk about my marriage because he filed for divorce. I can't go to him and talk about being a father because one day I'm going to have children because he's not active in his children's life."

Sapp, an NFL Network analyst and 13-year veteran who played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders, was asked on Friday's "Dan Patrick Show" for his reaction to Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton celebrating his touchdown with his team down 23-0 in the third quarter of a 36-7 loss to the New York Giants.

"These kids that play the game today have no relevance for the past, have no conscious of what it is ... I mean Brandon Marshall talking about Shannon Sharpe ... 'Who is he to talk?' He's the first 100-catch receiver (tight end) back to back, ******," Sapp said. "What you just did in Denver for three years. You don't know this? Of course he doesn't because it's not about Brandon Marshall. It ain't about the past, it's about me because it's about personal success, pay me and now I'll think about being a team guy."

It appears Sapp was actually referring to Shannon Sharpe's brother, NFL Network analyst Sterling Sharpe, who criticized Marshall for his play during a loss to the New York Jets in 2010 when Marshall played for the Miami Dolphins. After hearing of the criticism, Marshall at the time questioned Sterling Sharpe's playing credentials but two weeks later retracted his comments and praised Sharpe's career.

{C} begin inline 2 {C} INLINE MODULE

[h4]ESPNChicago.com Bears blog[/h4]
Get the latest Bears news from ESPN Chicago's Jeff Dickerson and Michael Wright. Blog

ESPN.com: NFC North
END INLINE MODULE end inline 2
"The lesson that we all should learn here is surround yourself with good people and be careful who you take counsel from," Marshall concluded in his video. "I'm not saying he's been there on my side giving me counsel, but that's not a guy that I can go to. Football doesn't make us. There's more to life than just playing football, so make sure that you have a great balance in your life, surround yourself with good people, and guys like Warren Sapp I feel sorry for. Hopefully one day he will change his life, we'll pray for him, and instead of using words to destroy he may use words to uplift. God bless you guys and have a great day."

Marshall later posted a second video on Monday morning and expounded on his intentions behind his message.

"All we can do is try to encourage him to be better, but at the same time we're going to hold you accountable, Warren," Marshall said. "Just like I'm held accountable. I've made my share of mistakes, and I'm going to continue to make my mistakes, but I'm never going to put myself on a platform or a podium where I think I'm invisible, untouchable.

"Warren, take this as words of encouragement and not words to criticize you or destroy you. This is out of truth and love."

Marshall, in his first season with the Bears after being traded by the Dolphins, has 16 catches for 214 yards and a touchdown this season.

When I look at Warren Sapp, I can't go to him and talk about finances because he filed for bankruptcy. I can't go to him and talk about my marriage because he filed for divorce. I can't go to him and talk about being a father because one day I'm going to have children because he's not active in his children's life."

:x

That......................................ether.

When I look at Warren Sapp, I can't go to him and talk about finances because he filed for bankruptcy. I can't go to him and talk about my marriage because he filed for divorce. I can't go to him and talk about being a father because one day I'm going to have children because he's not active in his children's life."

:x

That......................................ether.

make ya soul burn slo :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom