NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a team that has multiple suspensions each nd every year.

Where's the punishment for that?? Seems more like a way of life than a "mistake" to me.

THATS the epitome of disgraceful.

I figured the Cowboys would win that when the Raiders let Dez and Romo rub their nuts on their faces driving down the field right before the half with that TD. At no point after that did I think Romo would throw the game away

I swear man, I thought Bell was dead.

I find it harder and harder to watch football. The players are so big and fast now, it's just brutal sometimes.

I think part of me cringing is that we know more about the risks of playing the game. But so do the players.

And if you're a player willing to take those risks -- and get paid millions for doing so -- then should I feel bad while watching you receive the punishment?

I honestly don''t know.
jesus christ....havent seen/heard bob dole name in years....well played 
laugh.gif

What about a team that has multiple suspensions each nd every year.

Where's the punishment for that?? Seems more like a way of life than a "mistake" to me.

THATS the epitome of disgraceful.

Key word is suspensions. As in actual consequences. For things like missing a drug test while you were playing football for 2 years in a different country.

Key word is suspensions. As in actual consequences. For things like missing a drug test while you were playing football for 2 years in a different country.
That does sound ridiculous, but the NFLPA agreed to it so Browner is pretty much screwed if he missed 2 tests.

Obviously a 4 gane suspension isn't a punishment. Cause dudes STILL failing tests. Pete is allowing this to keep going on cause 4 ganes ain't hurting nobody but the individual. It's an advantage to have a team full of doped up players.

Next time (and there will be a next time) Seattle needs to lost draft picks. A team fine. Suspend Pete 4 games. Sumn diff.

If this was college or any other sport there's be an outcry. But since it's the nfl , nd since site the leagues best team. No one cares.

Obviously a 4 gane suspension isn't a punishment. Cause dudes STILL failing tests. Pete is allowing this to keep going on cause 4 ganes ain't hurting nobody but the individual. It's an advantage to have a team full of doped up players.

Next time (and there will be a next time) Seattle needs to lost draft picks. A team fine. Suspend Pete 4 games. Sumn diff.

If this was college or any other sport there's be an outcry. But since it's the nfl , nd since site the leagues best team. No one cares.

You realize these were not PED suspensions and browner's suspension for weed was 1 year, right?

the hate is real with VA757VA :lol:

only way draft picks get lost and all that other nonsense youre talking is if something comes out that proves Carroll supported, encouraged, and/or turned a blind eye to guys blatantly using PEDs

Lol at Tomlin... Why dudes want him to be fined 6 figures though?
roll.gif

What he did was a penalty, right? Ref missed the call, period. End of story, tell him not to do it again and move on.

Lol. No hate at all man. I actually LOVE Seattle. Love the D. Love Russ. Percy been a legend since high school where I'm from. No hate at all.

Just found it funny the word "disgraceful" was used and 100k fine thrown out for sumn small like what Tomlin did. When Seattle gets cats suspended left nd right. That's a much bigger deal IMO.

Nd prez I think when the next one happens roger is gonna bring down the hammer on them. This is embarrassing to both the hawks and the league wether it's weed adderal PEDS Idc. All failed tests created equal, are they not?

Lol. No hate at all man. I actually LOVE Seattle. Love the D. Love Russ. Percy been a legend since high school where I'm from. No hate at all.

Just found it funny the word "disgraceful" was used and 100k fine thrown out for sumn small like what Tomlin did. When Seattle gets cats suspended left nd right. That's a much bigger deal IMO.

Nd prez I think when the next one happens roger is gonna bring down the hammer on them. This is embarrassing to both the hawks and the league wether it's weed adderal PEDS Idc. All failed tests created equal, are they not?

No man, they are not. The league distinguishes between PED violations and substance abuse violations, which is why we know Thurmond and Browner were not suspended for PEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom