NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the suspensions are the sane right?? No matter if it's weed or PEDs it's the same suspension schedule right?

Last edited:
Care to elaborate?

Not coming at u I seriously dint know.

I thought it webt 4 games, 8 games full season for suspensions no matter the failed test.

Care to elaborate?

Not coming at u I seriously dint know.

I thought it webt 4 games, 8 games full season for suspensions no matter the failed test.

There are two different suspension schedules that are not connected, for the substance abuse program and for PEDs.

-Browner was suspended for PEDs last year, but that has no effect on this suspension.

Here's why he received a year for this substance abuse suspension (related to drug abuse, not PEDs);

-He was placed in the substance abuse program when he entered the league on the Broncos (stage 1). This is either because he failed a test coming in, or John Clayton speculated he entered voluntarily to try and improve his draft stock.

-Browner didn't make it on the Broncos and played for 2 years in the CFL. He was moved to stage 2 in the NFL's substance abuse program because he "missed" an NFL test while playing in Canada... Which is what he's currently appealing, since it seems inherently unfair

-He failed a test this year for weed, but because he was already in Stage 2 he moves to stage 3 and received the yearlong suspension.

Last edited:
The initial report from Michael Silver that he was suspended for PEDs was wrong.

Mike Florio is suggesting he file a defamation lawsuit for that reason: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-a-potent-defamation-lawsuit-against-the-nfl/
"Though quickly corrected, the report from the network the league owns stains Browner’s reputation by inaccurately painting him as a cheater. The substance-abuse policy covers substances that don’t enhance performance; there’s no associated suggestion that the player was trying to cheat the rules."

Last edited:
My man wants Seattle to lose draft picks for smoking a legal substance that doesn't give an unfair advantage :rofl:

brandon browner can be replaced dude aint nothing special... richard sherman is the beast tho, sherm just takes too many chances sometimes but he is a monster

brandon browner can be replaced dude aint nothing special... richard sherman is the beast tho, sherm just takes too many chances sometimes but he is a monster

Famb, remember the magic school bus? Ms. Frizzle said it best, "take chances, make mistakes."

Monday is a must win for both teams. He can comeback for the playoffs all he wants, but if they're going to N.O. for the NFCCG then they probably don't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom