NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man ignore that panther fraud trying to be relevant, if you ain't getting dubs you non existent cam is already in a sophomore slump...1-3 after the falcons gm NEXT!

We have some common ground Sneaker Pro!!!

+1

:lol:

Ironically enough this just gets posted on Grantland :tongue:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8434708/the-numbers-never-lie-ravens-fueled-their-defense

I'm not Bill Barnwell by the way.

Last edited:
cool ill take that...my qb is 19 games into his career and ill leave it at that.

not gonna go back and forth with cats who team qb's level of success is the same as Cams.

Matt Ryan
Matt Schaub
Matt Stafford

I don't understand what bringing up these 3 QBs playoff wind have to do with anything.

Those 3 are better QBs than cam right now, they can read coverages, make the correct throws and don't sulk when **** isn't going their way.

If you wanna play the numbers game, my 3rd string 6th round rookie QB has more playoff wins than cam,see how irrelevant / dumb that sounds?

But hey good luck winning the division this year.

I never liked Bill Barnwell so that article for me was useless. He actually said, "Sanchez enjoyed a similarly brilliant running game and defense under Rex Ryan in New York..." which is an example of how off base he can be...

We're good though...

I didn't see the game last night, how the browns play? Did Flacco look good?

I never liked Bill Barnwell so that article for me was useless. He actually said, "Sanchez enjoyed a similarly brilliant running game and defense under Rex Ryan in New York..." which is an example of how off base he can be...

We're good though...

He's such a douchebag to me. Like he seems like a hater.

I can't think of a single article he's written that doesn't involve why someone or some teams isn't as good as people think they are.

Last edited:
Flacco is the real deal & anyone who can't admit that is blind or homer hating

the vid psk posted yesterday was :wow: & i actually saw that drive live... every pass was on point & if it wasnt caught it was the recivers fault ...

oh & psk :rofl: @ ratbirds

In a funny Matrix kinda way, I feel like I've been set up to defend Flacco...I've been a Steeler fan since '79. My dad & uncle even took me to playoff games. I remember going to 3 Rivers in late December when they hosted to Fins...That was the best Christmas holiday I've ever had outside of the ones with my wife & son...Lulz...

I don't understand what bringing up these 3 QBs playoff wind have to do with anything.
Those 3 are better QBs than cam right now, they can read coverages, make the correct throws and don't sulk when **** isn't going their way.
If you wanna play the numbers game, my 3rd string 6th round rookie QB has more playoff wins than cam,see how irrelevant / dumb that sounds?
But hey good luck winning the division this year.

Like really your gonna bring your backups into the debate? Are they your franchise QB...I don't think so.

And you clearly haven't watched a panther game beside the NYG game to make the statement you did, but keep watching those highlights and looking at stat lines tho

And until those 3 QB wins something(playoff game or anything)they are in the same class as Cam. Case closed.

Last edited:
cool ill take that...my qb is 19 games into his career and ill leave it at that.
not gonna go back and forth with cats who team qb's level of success is the same as Cams.
Matt Ryan
Matt Schaub
Matt Stafford

Those QB's are all miles ahead of Cam in terms of their development. You can't just take a point A to point B approach (point B being Super Bowl, for example) and say Cam is on the same level as those guys just because they haven't realized any true success in terms of winning.

Cam's extremely talented, no doubt, but he's shown real holes in his game that need to be shored up until he's consistenly in the upper echelon of quarterbacks. Give it more time. Just because someone has a high ceiling, it doesn't automatically nudge them into another tier of Q's based on just potential.

I never liked Cam's swagger at Auburn, and so him in the NFL doesn't matter. He is the next Vince Young, or Mark Sanchez.

Too much superman wannabe, and nothing to substantiate it. The excessive TD celebrations last year and this year, just shows how 'preppy' he still really is.

I never liked Cam's swagger at Auburn, and so him in the NFL doesn't matter. He is the next Vince Young, or Mark Sanchez.
Too much superman wannabe, and nothing to substantiate it. The excessive TD celebrations last year and this year, just shows how 'preppy' he still really is.

Eh...I still really believe in him to be a big-time quarterback. I think what you mentioned is just part of the maturation process. If Cam keeps playing at this level, you'd hope it would serve as a humbling experience and in turn, he can learn from it and develop.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Dude Cam is going to be really good. What makes you think you think he's only gonna be as good as VY and Sanchez.

He's a little cocky sure, but he is still very talented. Actually no, he's already better than VY and Sanchez.

Last edited:
Dude Cam is going to be really good. What makes you think you think he's only gonna be as good as VY and Sanchez.
He's a little cocky sure, but he is still very talented. Actually no, he's already better than VY and Sanchez.

Cuz it's all attitude. He gotta be more humble, under the radar, and work himself off. He needs to stop the TD garbage, and idolize greats.

Agreed with everything you said. He's got a disingenuous smile.

Those QB's are all miles ahead of Cam in terms of their development. You can't just take a point A to point B approach (point B being Super Bowl, for example) and say Cam is on the same level as those guys just because they haven't realized any true success in terms of winning.
Cam's extremely talented, no doubt, but he's shown real holes in his game that need to be shored up until he's consistenly in the upper echelon of quarterbacks. Give it more time. Just because someone has a high ceiling, it doesn't automatically nudge them into another tier of Q's based on just potential.

With Brady, Rodgers, Breezy (not sure he's as good w/o Payton), Eli, & Ben at the top, I'd take Flacco over Ryan, Rivers, Romo, Cutler, Cam, Schaub, & Stafford. He's accomplished more in the post season than any of the others I mention after him...
I can't do that.

Give me Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, and Romo clearly over Flacco. Cam probably as well. Cutler close. Schaub maybe, maybe not.

Like really your gonna bring your backups into the debate? Are they your franchise QB...I don't think so.
And you clearly haven't watched a panther game beside the NYG game to make the statement you did, but keep watching those highlights and looking at stat lines tho
And until those 3 QB wins something(playoff game or anything)they are in the same class as Cam. Case closed.

theres times like this that i wish NT had a mush button.

if you seriously think Cam is just as Good as those 3 QBs your letting your fan biased get to you.

but its ok, like i said, Cam will regress this year because despite what you think teams do read film and adjust (reason why he had a ****** half last year) and they panthers gonna finish with 6 wins.

I think people(or just thunderCat) are basing Cam off of potential more than anything, which I could see why. I guess in a way you can say Romo, Cutler, Rivers, and Schaub have all reached an apex with their game, and all Cam can do is improve from where he is at. Ryan and Stafford of course are better than him and also can only go up. Flacco can drop a turd next week, so I flip flop on him all the time.

Profootballtalk.com had an interesting post about an upcoming ESPN 30 for 30 examining ex NFL players going broke. Back in '09, Sports Illustrated had a story stating 78% of NFL players are bankrupt or in severe financial duress within 2 years of retirement. Should be a good episode to watch.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rison-kosar-mccants-tell-how-they-went-broke/

Ex-NFL millionaires Rison, Kosar, McCants tell how they went broke
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 29, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT

Every few weeks another story pops up about a former NFL player who made millions of dollars and has now lost all of it. And every time, fans wonder: How in the world can anyone blow that much money? A new documentary is attempting to answer that question.

Broke, the latest installment of ESPN’s “30 for 30″ documentary series which premieres on Tuesday night, features the stories of dozens of pro athletes who wasted millions of dollars, including former NFL receiver Andre Rison, former NFL quarterback Bernie Kosar and former NFL linebacker Keith McCants. I watched an advance version of the documentary, and the basic answer to the question of how you can blow that much money is: Very easily.

Kosar talks about how he trusted his father to take care of his money, and his father simply had no concept of how to properly invest millions of dollars. Rison boasts that he’d go to a club and spend tens of thousands of dollars, making sure everyone in the room knew that he was the rich guy. McCants says that when you’re a drug addict like him, more money just means more problems.

McCants has spoken several times about how money fueled his addiction, to such an extent that he thinks he would have been better off if he had never been rich.

“I wish I had never had any money,” McCants told the Tampa Tribune last year. “I would’ve been great without money. It’s a sad story, but it’s a true story. Money destroyed everything around me and everything I care for, my family, my so-called friends. I just want enough to live on. I never want to be rich again.”

Watching Broke, I wouldn’t go so far as to say I wouldn’t want to be rich, but I will say I wouldn’t want to be rich with absolutely no financial sense, which describes many professional athletes. The NFL and the players’ union have tried with programs like the rookie symposium to teach 20-something millionaires how to some day be 40-, 50-, 60- and 70-something millionaires, but a whole lot of those players don’t get the messagee.

Chris Johnson is averaging 0.9 yards/ rush before 1st contact.
in 2009, it was 3.9 yrds before 1st contact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom