NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you... nevermind. That reminded me of that deep ball on "Not Another Teen Movie" that sailed over EVERYTHING!

:lol:

Bad last throw. Browns had a decent 2nd half and made a game of it. Just lost to a better team.

We're a very young team, 4 starting rookies on our offense right now and we're giving the defensive-minded Ravens a run for their money.

It sounds cliche for a Browns fan to say, but we're literally 1-2 years away from serious contention.

I love Weeden-Richardson combo. While others cried and *****ed about our draft, I knew Weeden was a special player. Definitely seeing him being an elite QB in about 2 years.

With Brady, Rodgers, Breezy (not sure he's as good w/o Payton), Eli, & Ben at the top, I'd take Flacco over Ryan, Rivers, Romo, Cutler, Cam, Schaub, & Stafford. He's accomplished more in the post season than any of the others I mention after him...

So what more has he accomplished than Jay Cutler again?

Umm, Flacco has a 5-3 playoff record with 2 trips to AFC championships & Cutty has I think a 1-1 record & an NFC championship appearance...

So Joe Flacco was the reason and his play lead the Ravens to that 5-3 record? Interesting

:smh: I guess that was your attempt at being witty. Nice...:smh:

You wanted a fact so I gave you one. A QB can't get it done by himself, he needs both sides of the ball to help win games (unless you Trent Dilfer).

I'm sorry, taking Joe Flacco over true franchise quarterbacks like Stafford, Ryan or even Romo is ******ed if you are using the "accomplishments" that Flacco has as the basis for your statement.

Mark Sanchez has those same "accomplishments"

Last edited:
We're a very young team, 4 starting rookies on our offense right now and we're giving the defensive-minded Ravens a run for their money.
It sounds cliche for a Browns fan to say, but we're literally 1-2 years away from serious contention.
I love Weeden-Richardson combo. While others cried and *****ed about our draft, I knew Weeden was a special player. Definitely seeing him being an elite QB in about 2 years.

I hope you're right. It'd be nice having two Ohio football teams in the playoffs.

So Joe Flacco was the reason and his play lead the Ravens to that 5-3 record? Interesting

SneakerPro defending Cutler? This must be the Twilight Zone...

Bro it pisses me off when people bring up these game manager *** quarterbacks and list their accomplishments over quarterbacks who if they don't play well their is getting washed.

The Staffords, the Ryans and even Romos HAVE to ball for their team in to win. Hell Stafford has to throw for 300+ and 2tds+ for the Lions to even compete in a game.

I'm not a big Jay fan but I've seen him carry a team with his arm for a consistent period of time.

I hope you're right. It'd be nice having two Ohio football teams in the playoffs.

Definitely. We're just about 1 star receiver away from being what Cincy was last year. We, hands down - have the toughest division in football. I love cheering for the Bengals when they're not playing my Browns, they're already a competitive team that looks better than the rest of the AFC North.

Last edited:
Weeden didn't even give his WR a chance to catch it. I still think they gave up on McCoy to soon. Richardson looked good out there though.

It's gonna be a sad day when Ray retires.

Last edited:
Browns buried in the AFC North again
triplehshovelz.gif

i agree i see the potential this team has.

solid D
solid qb
solid running game

Bro it pisses me off when people bring up these game manager *** quarterbacks and list their accomplishments over quarterbacks who if they don't play well their is getting washed.
The Staffords, the Ryans and even Romos HAVE to ball for their team in to win. Hell Stafford has to throw for 300+ and 2tds+ for the Lions to even compete in a game.
I'm not a big Jay fan but I've seen him carry a team with his arm for a consistent period of time.

I agree with this statement...that's why I never envisioned Roethlisberger as an elite QB. He's the next tier under. Eli on the other hand is different. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Eli, and Peyton are elite and you're not convince me otherwise.

^Seriously. With Haden back there, they have one of the better secondaries in the league. If only they didn't draft Weeden this year and held off on QB one more year. Weeden doesn't look terrible for a rookie, but the ABSOLUTE best scenario for him is he blossoms well enough to start until he's 35, giving him a solid 7 years in the league :smh:

I agree with this statement...that's why I never envisioned Roethlisberger as an elite QB. He's the next tier under. Eli on the other hand is different. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Eli, and Peyton are elite and you're not convince me otherwise.

I don't about Ben after that first ring he's been the offense.

I'm a huge Eli fan simply because he's not your typical hollywood QB (, i.e. Tom sorry Deadset :lol: he's the best example I swear). He gets little to no respect in the media, not even in his own City, but he just handles business. BUT, I can't call him elite. Not yet. I actually have him Roethlisberger on the same tier. And here's why, you remember that last minute drive he had against Arizona on football's biggest stage? The drive that ended with Santonio Holmes making a beautiful toe-tapping touchdown catch in the corner of the endzone? That was an amazing game and Ben stole the spotlight in one of the more clutch super bowl performances I've ever seen. You may argue that Ben's benefitted from great defenses and that's certainly true, but Eli hasn't? He's had some outstanding defensive play throughout his Super Bowl run. He's better than Ben, but the gap between Eli and Ben is much smaller than the gap from, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees.

Funny is after 3 games we are the 3rd least penalized team :lol:

Very true. We only had 3 penalties Sunday. I'm pretty sure we've never had only 3 penalties in Franchise history against the Steelers. I'd confidently bet a small amount of money on that. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom