NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying this because I hate the saints, but am I the only one that doesn't think that this was that big of an accomplishment? this is not one of those records people said would never be broken like Joe Dimaggio's hit streak or favre games played streak...

I'm not saying this because I hate the saints, but am I the only one that doesn't think that this was that big of an accomplishment? this is not one of those records people said would never be broken like Joe Dimaggio's hit streak or favre games played streak...

Its impressive anyway you look at it but the way the league has changed and has made it easier for QB's to throw down the field, its easy to feel that way.

I agree with you though.

It's impressive, but really the fact it took this long makes me MORE impressed by Unitas. To do it in his era is absolute insanity. Johnny U was THE first 'modern' QB and the man. He could play in any era

yeah they're really making a much bigger deal of this than necessary

drew brees is a corporate guy though so they're on his nuts 24/7

when brees sets the bar at 60 or whatever...it'll be impressive. era argument or not...it's going to be impressive when his streak ends.

when brees sets the bar at 60 or whatever...it'll be impressive. era argument or not...it's going to be impressive when his streak ends.

This.

But to throw a TD pass every game for 3 straight seasons? I mean sure we live in a passing league era, but who else is close? And it's also a testament to him staying healthy.

This.

But to throw a TD pass every game for 3 straight seasons? I mean sure we live in a passing league era, but who else is close? And it's also a testament to him staying healthy.
brady is close....think he's 11 games back from unitas 

If he stops soon TB12 will pass him. Not that far behind

Ben didn't get one today so he is back at 0

Last edited:
48 games with a TD is very impressive and Brees is amazing QB but, todays NFL is more geared towards offense and when Johnny Unitas was playing the NFL it was so much different.

its one of those situational things.
it just happens to take place
breaking the record doesnt make brees any better or worse

Gaithers malingering *** def makes a difference in that line, glad hes back

****** norv tho... Abandon the run on the 1

This.
Yeah, people act as if it's super easy to pass now, but if it is why isn't everyone else doing it.
laugh.gif

Teams wouldn't go through QB's so fast if it was so easy to pass.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom