NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when people downplay records and accomplishments. Just like Cabrera getting the Triple Crown. If it was that easy, why did it take so long for someone to break/repeat? The passing era started with Montana/Marino/MachinegunKelly. Why didn't any of those guys break it? Hats off Drew

i don't mean to say i told you so, but i clearly remember talking about how philly was lucky to be 3-1 because playing in lots of close games and losing the turnover battle so badly was a terrible formula.

fast forward to today, philly loses a 2 point game, lose 2 fumbles, and don't force turnovers. i feel like i sound like john madden because of how obvious it is.

I hate when people downplay records and accomplishments. Just like Cabrera getting the Triple Crown. If it was that easy, why did it take so long for someone to break/repeat? The passing era started with Montana/Marino/MachinegunKelly. Why didn't any of those guys break it? Hats off Drew

That era was more opened up but not near what the game is today. Defenses aren't near what they were then either. Still very impressive but I downplay pretty much all passing records now. Just my personal feelings on the NFL today :smh:

i don't mean to say i told you so, but i clearly remember talking about how philly was lucky to be 3-1 because playing in lots of close games and losing the turnover battle so badly was a terrible formula.

fast forward to today, philly loses a 2 point game, lose 2 fumbles, and don't force turnovers. i feel like i sound like john madden because of how obvious it is.

Anyone with common football sense knew these.

They were literally 3 plays from being 0-4.

The jets game tomm night has me uneasy for some reason :smh:

How much of a clown does Goodell look like now? This bounty thing hopefully is the beginning to the end of his career

The day Roger quits or is forced out will be an absolute fine day. Champagne flowing.

How much of a clown does Goodell look like now? This bounty thing hopefully is the beginning to the end of his career

Clown in regards to what?

What the saints did was wrong, and ten they lied about it...

:lol: idk man 4-0 got me scared :lol: can't wait to play the packers though :evil:

Anyone with common football sense knew these.

They were literally 3 plays from being 0-4.

The jets game tomm night has me uneasy for some reason :smh:

i don't think we'll lose, i just don't think it'll be the blowout people are predicting. i've got a bad feeling tebow comes in and flourishes. don't ask me why though

Clown in regards to what?

What the saints did was wrong, and ten they lied about it...

:lol: idk man 4-0 got me scared :lol: can't wait to play the packers though :evil:

it was the way he went about it. definitely seems like a proper investigation wasn't held and he jumped to the punishment without due diligence.

Last edited:
Think about it this way...

David Stern or roger ? :lol:

I hardly watch the NBA anymore cause of that fool.

I rather lose to the Jets so we come out refocused and put it on the pack, instead of beating on the Jets and Lose to the Pack, then the rumblings of How Houston can't beat good Teams begin.

We're going to lose eventually , I rather it be to the jags or someone of that caliber

Think about it this way...
David Stern or roger ? :lol:
I hardly watch the NBA anymore cause of that fool.

I have 1000x more respect for Stern. Games were tape delayed before he took over. He saved the NBA. I'm not a Stern apologist by any stretch but at least he didn't try to fix something that wasn't broke like King Goodell

Yes but the whole way the NBA ran is :x

From the draft to the cap to the officiating to parity :x

i don't think we'll lose, i just don't think it'll be the blowout people are predicting. i've got a bad feeling tebow comes in and flourishes. don't ask me why though
it was the way he went about it. definitely seems like a proper investigation wasn't held and he jumped to the punishment without due diligence.

Just like spygate. Why did he destroy those tapes? :nerd: Knee jerk reactions and punishments. Tagliabue was about due process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom