NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's a jets fan. he's been subliminally throwing shots about this game especially for a while now.
i don't know if i would say better offense. they have a lot of weapons and utilize them well. see the last 2 weeks

:lol: they beat on the jets and bills

idk if thats sarcasm or what :lol:

Texans still gonna lose to the JETS.
No Revis. No Holmes. No problem.
:pimp:

Texans demolish the Jets worst then the 49'ers did.

Book it.

he's a jets fan. he's been subliminally throwing shots about this game especially for a while now.
i don't know if i would say better offense. they have a lot of weapons and utilize them well. see the last 2 weeks

:lol: they beat on the jets and bills

idk if thats sarcasm or what :lol:

completely serious. whether or not you beat up on bad teams, it's still impressive to completely dominate those teams as the 49ers have. for comparison purposes, we beat up the titans jags and dolphins so far and i don't think we've looked as complete. we've stalled at inopportune times which is how you get beat against competitive teams

completely serious. whether or not you beat up on bad teams, it's still impressive to completely dominate those teams as the 49ers have. for comparison purposes, we beat up the titans jags and dolphins so far and i don't think we've looked as complete. we've stalled at inopportune times which is how you get beat against competitive teams

i completely agree with this part regarding Houston.

I feel like Houston and San Fran are the same in many ways.

Strong Defense,Run the Ball first, Establish Play Action and opens the field for both Teams.

Issue is Houston has a Better QB, WR, RB than the San Fran, While SF has a Better TE and Oline.

And when asked to win the Game, i trust the Houston offense a hell of a lot more than the 49ers one.

When teams stop SF from running it shuts down smith, and if you force Smith to beat you its not going to happen. Look at the Vikings game....

Now look at the Jets game.

Smith was 12/21 for 143 yards and no TD / INT

but they ran for almost 250 yards, Smith wasnt asked to do anything but manage it and hand off.

And that bills defense is the same defense that allowed Sanchez almost 300 yards passing 3TDs and 1 Pick :x

i mean, i feel like a lot of what you're saying is applicable to more than just the texans and 49ers. it doesn't really benefit any team to be one dimensional, so if your run game gets shut down it's not a reach to say the QB might struggle too. it's unfair to point to only the vikings game, because you could just as easily argue alex smith's performance against the saints int he playoffs last year. the run game didn't get shut down, but he still showed out.

if i had to do a player comparison id say

QB- hou
RB- hou
WR- sf (more depth)
TE- sf
o-line - hou
d-line- i don't know enough about SF d line to say 1 is better than the other
LB- sf
DB- same as the d line, just haven't seen SF enough to make judgement

I feel like Houston and San Fran are the same in many ways.

Strong Defense,Run the Ball first, Establish Play Action and opens the field for both Teams.

Issue is Houston has a Better QB, WR, RB than the San Fran, While SF has a Better TE and Oline.

And when asked to win the Game, i trust the Houston offense a hell of a lot more than the 49ers one.

When teams stop SF from running it shuts down smith, and if you force Smith to beat you its not going to happen. Look at the Vikings game....

I agree you guys have a better QB WR and RB, but I think we have a more efficient QB, and a better running game, which I can back up by stats. To me that's more important than individual players. And if you don't believe Smith can come back, well he did it plenty of times last season including the one everybody remembers which is the Saints game. It's funny you point to the one game we've lost this season. When you lose your first game, I'll make sure to point out how bad you played in certain areas and generalize your whole team based off of that.

Last edited:
I agree you guys have a better QB WR and RB, but I think we have a more efficient QB, and a better running game, which I can back up by stats. And if you don't believe Smith can come back, well he did it plenty of times last season including the one everybody remembers which is the Saints game. It's funny you point to the one game we've lost this season. When you lose your first game, I'll make sure to point out how bad you played in certain areas and generalize your whole team based off of that.

im not generalizing your team off of that, theres no need to catch feelings, i said both teams are the same in many ways :rolleyes

But in all honestly, who do you trust more to carry your team when needed, Matt and Dre or Smith and Crabby?

we've all discussed and pointed what Houston flaws are, no one said they are the perfect running machine, ask any Houston fan and we all said whats wrong with our team.

And the reason i used that one game as a basis for the discussion is because thats where your team was exposed.

When houston loses guess what? the same points we brought up are going to be brought up again.

Shaky Oline not a Solid number 2 guy behind Dre.

I agree you guys have a better QB WR and RB, but I think we have a more efficient QB, and a better running game, which I can back up by stats. And if you don't believe Smith can come back, well he did it plenty of times last season including the one everybody remembers which is the Saints game. It's funny you point to the one game we've lost this season. When you lose your first game, I'll make sure to point out how bad you played in certain areas and generalize your whole team based off of that.

im not generalizing your team off of that, theres no need to catch feelings, i said both teams are the same in many ways :rolleyes

But in all honestly, who do you trust more to carry your team when needed, Matt and Dre or Smith and Crabby?

we've all discussed and pointed what Houston flaws are, no one said they are the perfect running machine, ask any Houston fan and we all said whats wrong with our team.

And the reason i used that one game as a basis for the discussion is because thats where your team was exposed.

When houston loses guess what? the same points we brought up are going to be brought up again.

Shaky Oline not a Solid number 2 guy behind Dre.

Honestly, I wouldn't compare Matt and Dre with Smith and Crab because that's not his go to guy. Smith to VD would be more accurate, and I'd honestly take Smith and VD since they both got us to the NFCCG last year with the comback and "the catch 3" against the Saints. You can't say Shaub has had more success..

Honestly, I wouldn't compare Matt and Dre with Smith and Crab because that's not his go to guy. Smith to VD would be more accurate, and I'd honestly take Smith and VD since they both got us to the NFCCG last year with the comback and "the catch 3" against the Saints. You can't say Shaub has had more success..

Oh no, im not talking about Wins / Loses, thats a moot point.

Over the last 2 season we've had the same amount of Success and before that it was :lol: :smh:

But i guess we can agree to disagree.

donesnt help we're both fans of the teams we're discussing :lol:

Oh no, im not talking about Wins / Loses, thats a moot point.

Over the last 2 season we've had the same amount of Success and before that it was :lol: :smh:

But i guess we can agree to disagree.

donesnt help we're both fans of the teams we're discussing :lol:

For sure..

Aren't the Jets undefeated vs the Texans? I have a feeling the Jets are going to come out like some rabid dogs. Like the G-men they play better with their backs against the wall

Aren't the Jets undefeated vs the Texans? I have a feeling the Jets are going to come out like some rabid dogs. Like the G-men they play better with their backs against the wall

The difference is the Jets don't have anybody that compares to Eli.

Last edited:

they might be undefeated against us, but at the same time you have to look at when those games were played. those aren't very indicative of the rosters the jets and texans have currently

ok lets get back to the point

quarter through the season

so far, who is the mvp? matty ice? :lol:

dude has just been locked in. 2 comeback wins, but to play devils advocate...why were they losing to the panthers and ******** in the first place o_O

bears have 4 players with multiple interceptions :x

you think the NFL is going to have the Denver vs New England every year now? ala Colts vs Pats 

NFL has no control over that.
You play your division x2- 6 games
You play a division in your conference - 4 games
You play a division in the other conference - 4 games
Them you play the teams that finish in the same spot in their division. - 2 games

So the only way they will play next year is if they both win their division cause that's what the colts and pats did for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom