NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at save the chiefs.

Man, they deserve nothing.

How are these awful fans gonna cheer that their QB gets hurt????

I am disgust. :x

LOL at save the chiefs.

Man, they deserve nothing.

How are these awful fans gonna cheer that their QB gets hurt????

I am disgust. :x

I don't think a huge number of fans cheered, but it was big enough that players & media heard it. A fan even wrote in to Peter King yesterday about it...It's funny how KC fans & even the media are trying to justify it...

I'm all for being a passionate fan, but show some decorum & class.

A CHIEFS FAN CHECKS IN ON THE BOOING. "I have been a life-long, die-hard Chiefs fan. On Sunday, I went to my first Chiefs game since the days of Trent Green handing the ball off to Larry Johnson. All my life I have taken pride in hearing about how great Kansas City Chiefs fans are and have been so happy to say that I am a part of that. I was so excited to witness it firsthand at Arrowhead, but what I witnessed at the game on Sunday was embarrassing. I have always liked Matt Cassel as a competitor and a person, even if I did not always like his play. I have become frustrated this year with him, but not to the point I would cheer his injury. Cassel doesn't deserve that.
If you want to be disgusted with anyone, be mad at Scott Pioli for not bringing in a different QB, not a guy who has week in and week out showed the passion of having that arrowhead on the side of his helmet. I was there, and can say that it was not everyone who cheered, but it was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth. For the first time in my life, I am embarrassed to say that I am a Chiefs fan.''
-- From Justin Wiggins, of Mankato, Minn.

You are not alone, Justin. Thanks for writing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../09/robert-griffin-iii-andrew-luck/index.html

Last edited:
Dre doesn't get a good amount of targets. Most of his looks come from play action pass

Yeah, it seemed like Schaub was even looking his way often...But maybe it's because of double teams & what not...Hope we're not starting to see his decline. It's already sad seeing Polamalu being shadow of his former self...

BTW :lol: @ Chris Johnson saying someone needs to step up & make plays on the Titans...Ummm, isn't that what their paying you to do?

their pass offense is very vanilla. they don't throw the ball downfield as much as other teams do. i don't think i've seen one of those back shoulder throws ever as far as the texans are concerned, when practically every team runs that every now and then

Yea the chiefs fans booing is :smh: :stoneface: :x

But what's wrong with the chiefs? I haven't seen any games.... Is it strictly QB play? Cause I know they got some weapons on offense.

I think hiring Crennel was the wrong move to begin with. He was god awful in Cleveland. His play calling & mid game adjustments are just terrible. Their zone blocking & running game were straight killing the ratbirds & they kept moving away from it in critical situations...He's a great DC, but way over his head as an OC...

Midwest Wes- I feel for you guys. Aside from the booing issue, KC fans have been extremely loyal. I hope things can turn around for your fan base...There is some talent there to build around...

Last edited:
Wait CJhopefully1K said that
eek.gif
"We need somebody in this locker room to make plays and give us a spark,” Johnson said. “I feel like I’ve made some plays, but the situation of a spark has got to come from somewhere and getting a spark that can be big for this team.” - Chris Johnson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-titans-are-not-a-good-team-not-even-close/
You have got to be kidding me.

Didnt he say he was 1 of the best playmakers in the league?

Thats like Aaron Rodgers saying "we need someone to orchestrate the offense..."

***** is an ABSOLUTE CLOWN.

Didnt he say he was 1 of the best playmakers in the league?

Thats like Aaron Rodgers saying "we need someone to orchestrate the offense..."

***** is an ABSOLUTE CLOWN.
Instead this is what Rodgers is actually saying.
"I set the bar high and I expect to play at a higher level. (I've) been making just some mistakes I'm not used to making. My solemn promise is I'm going to work every day to get better. I'm going to clean up some of the things I'm not doing as well as I should. But, the proof is in the pudding. Right now, I'm not getting it done. I've got to look at myself first."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8485122/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-takes-aim-self-radio-show

^thats what a "top playmaker" is supposed to say when asked about lack of success on their side of the ball

I remember the last year or two dudes here and on ESPN saying Rodgers is the most well rounded and greatest QB to ever live bc he had a couple stellar seasons :lol: :lol: :x :x Such disrespect to the QBs in the league who have been shattering records the last decade plus. Dudes live in the moment to the extreme when it comes to the NFL. Rodgers is a good QB but youve never seen the truly great QBs in this league in a position that Rodgers is in right now (losing record and getting smacked by rookie QBs left and right).

Im going to enjoy it very much when the Pack miss the playoffs this year and Rodgers is out of the discussion as one of the GOATs for the time being (a discussion he should have never been a part of in the first place).

^NooEra & his timely hate :lol:...Rodgers is still an elite QB...Jeez Louise...GB's problems are more on the defensive side of the ball than anything...

With the way ARodg and the Pack offense was being gassed last year they shouldnt even need a defense. Rodgers can just throw up 50 points like its nothing, right? I mean hes the GOAT QB. Huge arm, deadly accurate, and can move around in the pocket and scramble better than any pocket passer who has ever blessed a football field. This is the kind of garbage i have been hearing the last year or so. In reality he struggles to put up 20 points in Indy and gets out dueled by a kid playing in his fifth game. No chance they win their division this year and the way theyre playing id be surprised if they make the playoffs period. MVP LOL. Gronkowski should have been MVP last year.

With the way ARodg and the Pack offense was being gassed last year they shouldnt even need a defense. Rodgers can just throw up 50 points like its nothing, right? I mean hes the GOAT QB. Huge arm, deadly accurate, and can move around in the pocket and scramble better than any pocket passer who has ever blessed a football field. This is the kind of garbage i have been hearing the last year or so. In reality he struggles to put up 20 points in Indy and gets out dueled by a kid playing in his fifth game. No chance they win their division this year and the way theyre playing id be surprised if they make the playoffs period. MVP LOL. Gronkowski should have been MVP last year.

LMAO Gronkowski????

How'd his team do in the super bowl.

Regular season MVP is for the birds. Champions are made in the playoffs

Despite record, SF is still the best team in the NFC over Atlanta. Here's why: Defense, HC Harbaugh, Alex Smith's growth, and the newly added offensive weapons.

Despite record, SF is still the best team in the NFC over Atlanta. Here's why: Defense, HC Harbaugh, Alex Smith's growth, and the newly added offensive weapons.

I guess we'll see what is what & who is who as the season progresses & the playoffs.

BTW, with all the emphasis on protecting offensive players over the years, I think it's time defensive players get some protection to. Let's get rid of cut blocking ASAP...

I guess we'll see what is what & who is who as the season progresses & the playoffs.
BTW, with all the emphasis on protecting offensive players over the years, I think it's time defensive players get some protection to. Let's get rid of cut blocking ASAP...
On point. Everything Clay Matthews said in defense of Cushing and defensive players was spot on.

On point. Everything Clay Matthews said in defense of Cushing and defensive players was spot on.

So some juice monkey gets hurt and the NFL should just start switching up the rules? I dont mean to play the race card here but i cant help but think if some run of the mill black linebacker got hurt the same way we wouldnt be having this discussion. But pretty boy Cushing gets hurt and his blonde hair blue eyed college buddy airs his frustration with the situation and now we should start switching everything up . Its football boys. People get hurt and they get paid well. The other day i seen a dude get KO'd by the shovel part of a Bobcat at work probably making 12 an hour. Will construction companies start hand digging all of their trenches because this man was concussed? Cush will be aight and the rules should stay as is.

they did to a degree tho...you cant chop a player thats already engaged in another block...

hate to say it, but thats as far as the rule can go i think...

you dont want your running back picking up the blitz to square up with a free james harrison coming thru the a gap on a stunt..hes gonna get killed...take his knees out, lessen the blow...

thats a part of football i dont see getting changed..they made it as safe as it can be IMO....  hard to tell who a 'defenseless defender' is, cause had that play cut back to cushings side, then he would of tried to tackle him no doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom