NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman has said some stuff that might not make all Dallas Cowboys fans happy.
But the facts back up what Aikman when he talked about the lack of a home-field advantage for the Cowboys, who are 14-12 in regular-season games at their new football palace. The Cowboys are on the road Sunday to face the Baltimore Ravens and were blown out in their last home game against the Chicago Bears on Oct. 1.

Bears players went as far as to say the big turnout of fans supporting them made it feel like a home game in the Lonestar state.
“I don’t think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage," Aikman said on KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket, according to the Dallas Morning News. "What I’ve heard is that, 'Wow, they really lost home field advantage when they left Texas Stadium.' Texas Stadium really wasn’t that different. Having played playoff games in Texas Stadium, that stadium was rocking, it was great.

“But when we would play in Philadelphia, New York and walk out of the tunnel, I would have to be yelling at the top of my lungs for guys to hear me. And you get on the plane for the flight home and your head would be pounding, you wouldn’t have a voice, and that’s just the way that it was. There was no way you could go down there near the goal line and use hard count in an opposing stadium. And yet in Texas Stadium, teams did it all the time.”

The numbers back Aikman up there too. The Cowboys were 56-29 during his career at Texas Stadium and a mediocre 38-42 on the road.
"I think for a large part – and the fans don’t want to hear this – a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they’re there because it’s kind of just a place to be seen," Aikman said, according to the report. "I didn’t know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody’s wearing Rangers hats and saying, 'Oh yeah, I’m a big Rangers fan.'

"I’ve always said Dallas isn’t so much a sports town as it is a winner’s town. And that’s not that unique. Most towns are like that. There are very few towns like Chicago where you can go out there and go 4-12 and they’re stilling selling out stadiums. That’s pretty unique. But Dallas, they pull for their winners, and as we saw in the Tampa game, when an opposing offense can get down there on the 10-yard line and they’re drawing the home team offsides, that’s different. You’re not seeing that in some of these other places."

Link

Last edited:
i would be pissed if people were throwing skittles at me. 
laugh.gif

its so weird to hear sporting news compliment Houston, im so used to being the underdog and being defensive about my team :lol: :lol:

sorry bros if i come off as a **** :lol: i apologize :lol:

cowboys/ravens and jets/colts on in houston, then the 49ers giants. looking forward to just being a fan of the game until tonight

why are the colts getting cute? just go straight up against that Jets defense.

Smile one more ******g time when you throw a stupid pass, Josh Freeman. I double ******g dare you.

The Ravens are TERRIBLE.. we have one of the worst defenses in the league. This is gonna be a long season.. :stoneface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom