NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You straight sound like you hopped on the bandwagon last season.
Defense was subpar? The Giants Defense limited all opponents to no more than 20 points in all 4 playoff games. The D limited two of the best offenses ( GB and NE) to 20 and 17 points collectively. 17 to SF and just 2 points to ATL. Does Eli play defense as well?
" Did we have Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson caliber receivers?" Those are the 2 best receivers in the league. Theres no one else in that caliber in the NFL last season. But the Giants had two of the top 15 WRs in the league in Nicks and Cruz.
And the Giants ran for 170 on Falcons, 95 on the Packers, and 115 on the Patriots. Last in the regular season doesnt mean they didnt put in work for the postseason.
Please explain to me how Eli "carried" the Giants.

It must be a defense mechanism to automatically assume i hopped on the wagon, sorry but not the case.

yeah our run improved in the playoffs, our defense made stops, but please dont act like Eli wasnt the most important piece that brought everything together...he doesnt need star receivers to get us wins, it must be magic that everyone of our receivers do great, it must be magic that Cruz came out of ******g nowehere....it must be magic that this dude brought the team from behind during the last 3 minutes of gameplay and got us the wins through the air...when it came down to it, it wasnt our running game, it was this dude running the offense and planting the ball where only the receivers could get them and not getting picked off....all im saying is you guys really go hard discrediting Eli as an elite QB.

Last edited:
It must be a defense mechanism to automatically assume i hopped on the wagon, sorry but not the case.
yeah our run improved in the playoffs, our defense made stops, but please dont act like Eli wasnt the most important piece that brought everything together...he doesnt need star receivers to get us wins, it must be magic that everyone of our receivers do great, it must be magic that Cruz came out of ******g nowehere....it must be magic that this dude brought the team from behind during the last 3 minutes of gameplay and got us the wins through the air...when it came down to it, it wasnt our running game, it was this dude running the offense and planting the ball where only the receivers could get them and not getting picked off....all im saying is you guys really go hard discrediting Eli as an elite QB.

Did I ever discredit Eli? You said Eli Carried the team, now its hes the most important piece. Which one is it? Your reasoning for why Eli carried the team was ridiculous. Cruz gets most his yards after the catch,, but you probably give Eli the credit for his after the catch abilities. When your D doesnt give up more than 20 points in all 4 playoffs games, that means they Balled Out, Not "made some stops". It was more than just the D-Line. Micheal Boley and Corey Webster played the best D of their careers in the superbowl run. But you obviously were not paying attention to the Giants D, special teams, or running game. You saying Eli carried the Giants to the superbowl is like a Pats fan saying Brady carried the Pats to their 3 superbowl titles. Teams win Superbowls, not individuals.

let's move on from the topic shall we?

better discussion would tomorrow's games.

Some great match-ups...

Cowboys vs Ravens

Lions vs Eagles

Giants vs Niners

Pack vs Texans

even some of the poorer match-ups should be entertaining. Luck is going to tear the Jets limb from limb, :lol:. Can't wait to see Brady Quinn's epic fail vs the Bucs tomorrow.

Some great games and some lulz on tap. I love Sundays.

TennHouse where you at BTW? We still got that bet? Your Titans going to get washed when they play Indy, what did I tell y'all? Told y'all Indy was going to be legit this season.

Did I ever discredit Eli? You said Eli Carried the team, now its hes the most important piece. Which one is it? Your reasoning for why Eli carried the team was ridiculous. Cruz gets most his yards after the catch,, but you probably give Eli the credit for his after the catch abilities. When your D doesnt give up more than 20 points in all 4 playoffs games, that means they Balled Out, Not "made some stops". It was more than just the D-Line. Micheal Boley and Corey Webster played the best D of their careers in the superbowl run. But you obviously were not paying attention to the Giants D, special teams, or running game. You saying Eli carried the Giants to the superbowl is like a Pats fan saying Brady carried the Pats to their 3 superbowl titles. Teams win Superbowls, not individuals.

ok let me put it this way, we can trade off Cruz and Nicks, draft some rookie receivers and i feel confident saying the team will still produce, take Bennett for example, here in NY hes already accumulated more yards than he did all last season in Dallas, Witten is not even putting up those numbers in Dallas....Eli knows how to distribute the ball well and i feel he brings out the best in his receivers....call it slurping or whatever....

perhaps i was a bit extreme when i said he put the team on his shoulders, they won as a team, special teams did it to san fran, the D put the breaks on Greenbay, but if it wasnt for Eli all of that would have been in Vain, or do you feel comfortable telling me that in the same exact scenarios with the D playing the way they were, Romo, Flacco, etc would have done what Eli did?....

^^ Lets not act like Gilbride's offense isn't designed to utilize his TE's. Every TE you put in that offense has been successful. From Shockey, To Boss, to Ballard, to Bennett.

Back on topic, I have a feeling the Cowboys will win since everyone is counting them out. They'll be put on a pedestal for a week then lose to Carolina the week after. To which people will go back to saying the Cowboys are frauds, and the cycle will continue until we're possibly 8-8.

Niners in Candlestick over the G-Men.

I'm picking Seattle with the upset over the Patriots. Seattle is too tough of a place to play and even though the Pats have been on a roll, I think Seattle can pull it out with the 12th man,

thought you were gonna miss that part.....on ESPN they have the nerve to start talk of Alex Smith being elite :rofl: bro if i had that type of supporting cast id be elite too....the fact that Eli has done it all with such young unknown receivers, a terrible running game and injuries all over the place, says enough about how Elite he is....dude literally carried our team, ran through the best teams/qbs in the league ON THE ROAD anddddd won a superbowl against what most consider the best QB to ever do it....TWICE

thats not elite enough for ya?...not sure if srs.

There isn't a QB in NFL history that I would rather have. After the Ravens SB I didn't think I was ever gonna see one. Luckily Eli changed that pretty quickly. He will get us atleast one more. I think two more though.

eli carried yall and ran through the best teams. right. and the defense did nothing? and look at yall acting like cruz and nicks are nobodies. stick to nt general. it suits you better.

no QB in NFL history you'd rather have? not even speaking history wise, there's 4 quarterbacks i'd rather have playing right now :lol:

eli carried yall and ran through the best teams. right. and the defense did nothing? and look at yall acting like cruz and nicks are nobodies. stick to nt general. it suits you better.
no QB in NFL history you'd rather have? not even speaking history wise, there's 4 quarterbacks i'd rather have playing right now :lol:

Not for nothing, in a big game with everything on the line, its tough not to side with Eli in that stage over anyone else playing the position today.

As for the "defense", the same defense that was injured all season long and was non existent until the last two weeks of the season leading into the playoffs (when they were more healthy). Same depleted secondary (LAST in rushing....LAST), with the Giants trailing in every game....Eli carried the entire team to even make the playoffs, but it takes a complete team effort to win the chip and big plays from the QB. Can't count how many third and longs Eli had to convert just to keep moving the chains in the playoffs.

To do what he did with no running game, with the defense only having to worry about the pass. :smh:

Eli makes guys like Hixon and Barden have 100+ yards in any given game, he distributes the ball just as well as anyone.

it took 2 kyle williams fumbles and that b.s no fumble call on bradshaw to get to the superbowl.

Really? Because I saw a Giants defense that hit the 49ers just as hard as they did, matched hit for hit...and Alex Smith was 1 for 13 on third downs.

49ers beat the Saints with their special teams. Kyle not falling to the ground in those conditions and trying to make a big play, while Ross fell down immediately to protect the ball, shows who the better prepared team was.

Last edited:
Not for nothing, in a big game with everything on the line, its tough not to side with Eli in that stage over anyone else.
As for the "defense", the same defense that was injured all season long and was non existent until the last two weeks of the season leading into the playoffs (when they were more healthy). Same depleted secondary (LAST in rushing....LAST), with the Giants trailing in every game....Eli carried the entire team to even make the playoffs, but it takes a complete team effort to win the chip and big plays from the QB. Can't count how many third and longs Eli had to convert just to keep moving the chains in the playoffs.
To do what he did with no running game, with the defense only having to worry about the pass. :smh:
Eli makes guys like Hixon and Barden have 100+ yards in any given game, he distributes the ball just as well as anyone.
Really? Because I saw a Giants defense that hit the 49ers just as hard as they did, matched hit for hit...and Alex Smith was 1 for 13 on third downs.
49ers beat the Saints with their special teams. Kyle not falling to the ground in those conditions trying to make a big play, while Ross fell down immediately to protect the ball, shows who the better prepared team was.

Nah, Eli is :pimp:

but look at it from the other end. He has amazing comeback potential every game. But what if if didnt play like **** in the first half every time :lol:

Man this QB debate could go for days, how about discuss RBs since they going extinct :smokin

i dont think extinct, just a different breed. Thy need to be able to catch it out the backfield work inside as well as outside.

Foster
Shady
Rice
AP

top RBs in the L, no order.

Ridley's having a good season 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom