NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foster is Nice but hes not in the same league as the before mentioned. He plays in the Mike Shanahan offense where any back can succeed. Texans produced 2 consecutive 1000 yard rushers before him and Ben Tate had damn near 1000 yards as the back up last season. If Foster goes down, Texans have no problem putting in another back to produce similar numbers.

Last edited:
What happened to the distribution maps? I'm gonna be mad if I get the Vikings/Skins game instead of the Giants/Niners

Foster is Nice but hes not in the same league as the before mentioned. He plays in the Mike Shanahan offense where any back can succeed. Texans produced 2 consecutive 1000 yard rushers before him and Ben Tate had damn near 1000 yards as the back up last season. If Foster goes down, Texans have no problem putting in another back to produce similar numbers.

foster has been among the leaders in total yards from scrimmage the last 2-3 seasons, though. he is a total threat back, regardless of system.

He is a all purpose back. But he plays in the best offensive run system in the league, running through huge holes. Their blocking zone run scheme is tremendous, best in the league. If you put a AP in that situation, he runs fer 2000 EASY. You put a Ray Rice, MJD. or Shady in there, they break yards from scrimmage. The guy can catch balls but hes not as dirty in open space as Rice Drew or Shady. You put Foster in AP's place, probably doesnt average 4 yards per carry.

He is a all purpose back. But he plays in the best offensive run system in the league, running through huge holes. Their blocking zone run scheme is tremendous, best in the league. If you put a AP in that situation, he runs fer 2000 EASY. You put a Ray Rice, MJD. or Shady in there, they break yards from scrimmage. The guy can catch balls but hes not as dirty in open space as Rice Drew or Shady. You put Foster in AP's place, probably doesnt average 4 yards per carry.

if AP would run for 2000 easily in that system, as you claim, why don't the vikings run that system then o_O and you haven't seen arian foster enough clearly, because he makes plenty of people miss

You understand he had to be able cut , make the first step and hit the hole, it's not just the line.

His first step is :x

Cause they dont have the personnel for that. They have one of the worst o-lines in the league. If you replace Foster with AP on that Texans offense, you think he would put the up the same numbers as Foster???

Yall acting like I said Foster is just a product of his environment. Hes a Great overall football player. But yall crazy if you think hes on the level of AP.

Cause they dont have the personnel for that. They have one of the worst o-lines in the league. If you replace Foster with AP on that Texans offense, you think he would put the up the same numbers as Foster???

AP is a premiere back though, cant just sub 1A with 2A.

They are both going to get yardage.

^ True. But IMO I dont see how Foster is even better than D-Mac, and I hate the Raiders.

Maybe is or isn't , issue well never know for a lot of reasons.

DMC is made of paper mâché

His line is terrible

And he looks like he can't run in that zone blocking scheme and that either that's his fault or they don't have the proper personal to do it.

^ True. But IMO I dont see how Foster is even better than D-Mac, and I hate the Raiders.

Maybe is or isn't , issue well never know for a lot of reasons.

DMC is made of paper mâché

His line is terrible

And he looks like he can't run in that zone blocking scheme and that either that's his fault or they don't have the proper personal to do it.

It's the personnel. He struggled with it the first time we tried installing it his rookie season, but at this point he's talented and experienced enough to work with any system.

Until McFadden can complete a productive full season, he can't be in the conversation of best RB. Everyone knows the talent is there....it's a matter of producing a full 16 games at that premiere level.

^You see the Steelers dude who threw himself back like Robert Horry yesterday :lol: ? It really is getting ridiculous

Last edited:
my dude.

Skittles1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom