NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you really think we're trying to sabotage our own trade....?
I have no idea where he gets his info from.  I'm just saying his sources are usually on point.  Who knows if that was leaked from the org., from Revis' agent, I have no idea.

It said Revis and the Bucs have tried to restructure but couldn't come to an agreement. No team is gonna trade for him though. Wonder who will pick him up.

Revis isn't going to the Jets.
1. Didn't have the greatest departure.
2. Itzik (however you spell his name) wouldn't want him back.
3. He's too much for them. Unless they plan on leaving all the holes on offense open.

Coming back to Pitt? Oh yeah

Ike Taylor restructured for like 4 mil less. No years added
Sounds like a re-negotiation to me if he simply took a pay cut, right?  That's good news for you guys.

Then again, they are spending a lot of time keeping the old band around.

Highly unlikely but what if Revis went to Arizona. Him on one side Peterson on the other :smh:

Highly unlikely but what if Revis went to Arizona. Him on one side Peterson on the other
mean.gif
They have to extend PP very soon.  It would be a bad investment.  Plus their defense is already elite.

Pats sound like a fit to me.  Hell, wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins took a swing the way they like to spend.

Last edited:
i dont follow salary and all that

i assume Lions cant or wont do anything?
mean.gif
Lions don't have much cap space.

Not to mention they are extremely top-heavy already with their contracts for Stafford, Suh, and Johnson so it would be a poor idea to shell out star-level $$ to another player in a bidding war environment imo.  Too many holes around the roster for that to be a smart commitment.

i dont follow salary and all that

i assume Lions cant or wont do anything? :smh:
Lions don't have much cap space.

Not to mention they are extremely top-heavy already with their contracts for Stafford, Suh, and Johnson so it would be a poor idea to shell out star-level $$ to another player in a bidding war environment imo.  Too many holes around the roster for that to be a smart commitment.

I don't think they should do it but the Big 3's contracts taking up so a lot of cap space is overblown.

The Seahawks paid the same % of cap space we paid to the Big 3 last year to Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Russell Okung and Marshawn Lynch.

If we extend Suh we are as in good of a position of any team.

So most likely we are going to lose Vontae Davis. Boy what a **** up by Grigson. A franchise or transition tag would have been nice. C'mon Grigs.

I don't think they should do it but the Big 3's contracts taking up so a lot of cap space is overblown.

The Seahawks paid the same % of cap space we paid to the Big 3 last year to Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, Russell Okung and Marshawn Lynch.

Okay, fair point. Though Rice was the highest paid player on our team for most of his tenure :lol:

I took a quick look and saw the Lions only have about 8mill available this year. Why so little? Certainly not an expert on their situation.

Last edited:

Okay, fair point. Though Rice was the highest paid player on our team :lol:

I took a quick look and saw the Lions only have about 8mill available this year. Why so little? Certainly not an expert on their situation.

We kept restructuring Suh's rookie deal and now his cap number is 22 million and some change. The ridiculous extension he's about to get is probably going to cut that in half if not more.

With 18 million in cap space and pretty much of all of our best player under contract for the forseeable future we would be aight. Our young offensive line comes up for new contracts in 2016 and 2017 but Calvin won't be worth 18-19 a year by then so we are either cutting him he's taking a pay cut.

But with the money the NFL is raking in the damn cap might be 180 million by then

So most likely we are going to lose Vontae Davis. Boy what a **** up by Grigson. A franchise or transition tag would have been nice. C'mon Grigs.

Eagles need to sign him and cut Cary Williams.. If somehow we can get him for A deft price..

Good to hear byrd's asking price is scaring teams away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom