NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
-all state player in high school

-starter on big time d-1 school

-starter on national championship team

-fired iconic coach Tom Landry with his first move as cowboys owner,  then churned out super bowls with a 'college coach'

-won super bowls with 2 diff head coaches..

but Mr. Jerry Jones isnt considered 'football people'

foh with your blind cowboys hate...just say anything negative without even knowing what youre talking about....stick to convincing people your team counts....get off the cowboys schlong... 

'football people' as told by the ultimate football mind , MMG...

football people??? lmao.hahaha.

you sound like a straight ***** crying cause someone said something against your precious cowboys :lol: bring up **** from the 80s and 90s, of course that translates to now. i mean look at all the amazing success you've had, your right Jones knows exactly what hes doing.

loosen your jaw and take my team our your mouth, cause that's the only rebuttal you have.

you sound like a straight ***** crying cause someone said something against your precious cowboys
laugh.gif
bring up **** from the 80s and 90s, of course that translates to now. i mean look at all the amazing success you've had, your right Jones knows exactly what hes doing.
loosen your jaw and take my team our your mouth, cause that's the only rebuttal you have.
amazing succes....

the texans have ONE winning season EVER and you talk like yall are owned by the rooneys...lol..cmon man..i aint running to the past..YOU DID.

im giving reasons as to why Jerry Jones is more of a 'football mind' than anyone in this thread...dude has been around HIGH LEVEL success since high school...

i kno we lost..i kno were inconsistent..ok ok..stop bringing it up...

you said jerry wasnt a football mind...elaborate since yall kno soooooo much about winning football in houston..

amazing succes....

the texans have ONE winning season EVER and you talk like yall are owned by the rooneys...lol..cmon man..i aint running to the past..YOU DID.

im giving reasons as to why Jerry Jones is more of a 'football mind' than anyone in this thread...dude has been around HIGH LEVEL success since high school...

you said jerry wasnt a football mind...elaborate since yall kno soooooo much about winning football in houston..

what does Houston have to do with anything? :lol:

you sound like a straight ***** crying cause someone said something against your precious cowboys :lol: bring up **** from the 80s and 90s, of course that translates to now. i mean look at all the amazing success you've had, your right Jones knows exactly what hes doing.

amazing succes....

no troll, no bias, serious discussion here. i don't think jerry is the problem but i think he needs to take the mark cuban approach and just fade into the distance. let the team play, and let the coach coach. he has put together a talented team, but it's always a media circus because of jerry. why does jerry do post game interviews? what other GM/owner does post game interviews? jerry just wants to do too much. that's my opinion at least

and technically we've had 2 winning seasons :D

Last edited:
no troll, no bias, serious discussion here. i don't think jerry is the problem but i think he needs to take the mark cuban approach and just fade into the distance. let the team play, and let the coach coach. he has put together a talented team, but it's always a media circus because of jerry. why does jerry do post game interviews? what other GM/owner does post game interviews? jerry just wants to do too much. that's my opinion at least
and technically we've had 2 winning seasons :D

Nah, we're fans of Houston, we cant have an opinion, our team has only had 2 winning season.

It wont surprise me if i see Jones on the field taking snaps with romo one of these days.

and technically we've had 2 winning seasons
happy.gif
lmao..my bad yo..i aint check my stats..i was going off the dome..

but yea..if u put it that way...ill give you that...dude can DEFINITELY take a bake seat...be FAR less vocal...but his football knowledge shouldnt be questioned...theres a select fraternity of super bowl winning gm's..to be on the list, in the 70's or in 2012 is testament to that persons 'football knowledge' to any non biased person...

do work son- giving texans fans a good name everywhere...

u cool too mmg..ive seen you make good points numerous times so i respect your 'football knwoledge' lol.....your cowboys hate is on 9000 at all times tho...lmao...

lmao..my bad yo..i aint check my stats..i was going off the dome..

but yea..if u put it that way...ill give you that...dude can DEFINITELY take a bake seat...be FAR less vocal...but his football knowledge shouldnt be questioned...theres a select fraternity of super bowl winning gm's..to be on the list, in the 70's or in 2012 is testament to that persons 'football knowledge' to any non biased person...

do work son- giving texans fans a good name everywhere...

u cool too mmg..ive seen you make good points numerous times so i respect your 'football knwoledge' lol.....your cowboys hate is on 9000 at all times tho...lmao...

i call it as i see it, regardless of team :lol:

can we agree garrett is :x at the very least.

I come down hard on Romo, but he does have his moments :lol:

Now, ya'll want Jerry to be hands off...so that would include also letting the players play and the coaches coach. Unless you place your faith in that ginger head coach of yours, wouldn't ya'll NEED Jerry to make a switch? Or is "I'm too cute to run the ball" Garrett not the problem? Jerry has spent HELLA money to make sure one, you ungrateful fans, have one of the best stadiums to attend, top notch talent on the field, and has gone to great lengths through the years to bring in the best football minds (Parcells?) to ensure you had the best product available on the field. In my mind, you cannot blame Jerry for the failures of 2012. You just can't.

Now, ya'll want Jerry to be hands off...so that would include also letting the players play and the coaches coach. Unless you place your faith in that ginger head coach of yours, wouldn't ya'll NEED Jerry to make a switch? Or is "I'm too cute to run the ball" Garrett not the problem? Jerry has spent HELLA money to make sure one, you ungrateful fans, have one of the best stadiums to attend, top notch talent on the field, and has gone to great lengths through the years to bring in the best football minds (Parcells?) to ensure you had the best product available on the field. In my mind, you cannot blame Jerry for the failures of 2012. You just can't.

Tell em

dat truth!!!!!!

repped

So with all of Jerry's football acumen, why do the Cowboys have a 1-5 record in the playoffs since 2000?

So with all of Jerry's football acumen, why do the Cowboys have a 1-5 record in the playoffs since 2000?

I'm assuming this is in response to what I said and I'm also assuming you're blaming Jerry Jones for the team's failures. People forget that Jerry already dealt with the whole "take a step back and hire a real GM" criticism at the start of the 2000s. That's why he hired Bill Parcells out of retirement mind you. Once again, he's also spent the millions upon millions to put talented players in those Dallas jerseys, even having to spend extra to coddle the immature ones. I don't know who or what the problem has been for Dallas the last decade.....hell, if they knew I'm sure they'd address it by now as well.

Unless you're going to now tell me Jerry is the sole reason behind Dallas' lack of success this decade.....let me ask you this, what changed from 1990-2000. Jerry Jones is the same person he was then as he is now (football wise). He's ruled in the same capacity. He's spent many millions. What's the difference? Maybe the difference is about 7 probowlers.

Jerry's done all he can do. Eventually the people who he's hired have to perform on Sundays. It's that simple. Romo, Garrett, Ryan, their secondary, their WR's, etc....they have to show at some point for any of Jerry's actions to matter. Name me ONE team in the NFL with more talent on both sides of the ball. Can you do it?

Last edited:
A lot of times it isn't about throwing talent together, but the right players

Anyone can pay for players , but players that can do exist and take responsibility for their actions is different.

I also think you need a strong HC, Cowher anyone ?

A lot of times it isn't about throwing talent together, but the right players
Anyone can pay for players , but players that can do exist and take responsibility for their actions is different.
I also think you need a strong HC, Cowher anyone ?

You're absolutely right, but it all starts with the talent. The coaches will only be so successful with inferior talent on the field. I know this is true because the last 10 (?) SB's had elite QBs steering the team. The only other team to win without elite QBs (2000 Ravens) had a guy break the single game rushing record the same year. You can't do those things without talent on the field. Then the onus is on the coaches. II'm glad you brought up Cowher...is there any other coach unemployed right now that is more overrated (if you say Dungy/Gruden, I'm with you), but Cowher is arguably the most overrated coach in NFL history. To have those type of teams on the field and to coach for what? 15 years and only have 2 SB appearances with ALL those division titles, winning seasons, and more....what's the difference between him and Andy Reid? Oh, that's right, Andy Reid couldn't play the Seahawks in the Superbowl.....

I'm assuming this is in response to what I said and I'm also assuming you're blaming Jerry Jones for the team's failures. People forget that Jerry already dealt with the whole "take a step back and hire a real GM" criticism at the start of the 2000s. That's why he hired Bill Parcells out of retirement mind you. Once again, he's also spent the millions upon millions to put talented players in those Dallas jerseys, even having to spend extra to coddle the immature ones. I don't know who or what the problem has been for Dallas the last decade.....hell, if they knew I'm sure they'd address it by now as well.

Unless you're going to now tell me Jerry is the sole reason behind Dallas' lack of success this decade.....let me ask you this, what changed from 1990-2000. Jerry Jones is the same person he was then as he is now (football wise). He's ruled in the same capacity. He's spent many millions. What's the difference? Maybe the difference is about 7 probowlers.

Often times in business executives can stay in power too long & become inefficient, uninventive, and cling onto past success. Jerry Jones is by far the most hands on owner in the NFL. As the team struggles, he will tighten his grip to solutions to problems that have kind of proven he can't fix football wise (as an example hiring Jason Garrett who was/is not ready to be a head coach).

I once read somewhere that the Cowboys have become a doll to Jerry that he can't stop playing with. No matter how worn that "doll" gets, he continues to play. I think it's time he stops playing & bring in someone that can actually run the personnel side of the team.

The 90's success can defiantly be attributed Jimmy Johnson. Barry Switzer basically won with JJ's squad. The foundation the Cowboys currently have can be tied to what's left of the squad Parcells put together. That's my two cents for what it's worth...Left to stand on his own, Jerry hasn't accomplished a lot football wise, business wise he's made tons of dough, no question...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom