NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP #5 possible? The schedule eases up. That would be mind blowing to do it with a new team off injury

Man the AFC is putrid this year... 2 teams with winning records...

It's a really down year, teams struggling and just under performing for various reasons.

Bills
Steelers
Bengals
Chiefs
Titans

The top 4 teams are Houston, NE, Bal, Broncos

Houston / Bal next week IMO decides who's leading the pack in the AFC, Houston needs to bounce back from an atrocious game and Bal needs Flacco to carry them, he had that defense for these last few years to coddle him, it's time to step up.

Eagles made a move and granted its the start of a right one, Vick and Ried are still to blame.

Po Po found & arrested the dudes suspected of the stabbing outside of the 9er stadium...I once read there is a correlation of fan violence tied to men who didn't have fathers around...I might search & read up on why fans are so violent nowadays.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-game-started-with-taunting-a-cowboys-fan/
It doesn't make it ok by any stretch, but I don't understand why fans wear apparel to a game for a team that's not even playing.  Just a pet peeve of mine.

With the sale of the Browns almost completed, Haslam is letting Holmgren go. Joe Banner (formerly of the Eagles & Haslam's friend) will be team president & CEO.
Seeya Holmgren & don't let the door hitcha where the good lord split ya....
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-sale-official-sources-say
m

Holmgren did nothing in his 3 years here. I guess he drafted well but the Browns were still garbage.

Gruden new coach after the season?

With the sale of the Browns almost completed, Haslam is letting Holmgren go. Joe Banner (formerly of the Eagles & Haslam's friend) will be team president & CEO.
Seeya Holmgren & don't let the door hitcha where the good lord split ya....
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-cleveland-browns-sale-official-sources-say
m

Holmgren did nothing in his 3 years here. I guess he drafted well but the Browns were still garbage.

Gruden new coach after the season?

Remember how the Bucs went after Dungy & McKay's guys cycled out...Even a nice guy like Shaun King hated him. If you want to continue to lose, get Gruden. That's Dungy's ring Gruden proudly wears...

Last edited:
How has the draft success for the Browns Been besides Haden and Trent? I don't agree about the weeden thing and the trading of potentially Julio Jones, weren't those picks underwhelming or have been ?

Well Holmgren has only been here for 3 years and the picks haven't been bad.

Haden & Trent obviously being good picks.

Weeden & Phil Taylor for Julio is essentially the trade that was made

Last edited:
Castillo being fired is such a cop out. Their offense is ranked 31st and their defense is 13th. Reid and vick are pretty much on the hotset.

Well Holmgren has only been here for 3 years and the picks haven't been bad.

Haden & Trent obviously being good picks.

Weeden & Phil Taylor for Julio is essentially the trade that was made

Ugh

Julio and Trent and Colt which potential for a top QB in this draft

:smh:

I'd like to know what Holmgren & his team saw in Greg Little. He dropped tons of passes at UNC & had a rep of not working hard. It looks like that continued in the NFL...

Castillo being fired is such a cop out. Their offense is ranked 31st and their defense is 13th. Reid and vick are pretty much on the hotset.

Dudes talking about its the defense fault giving up the lead in late games :lol:

When you score 15 points a game and Vick is a turnover waiting to happen :lol:

Dudes talking about its the defense fault giving up the lead in late games :lol:

Castillo should have never been hired in the first place. He was an offensive line coach most of his career, youre telling me they couldnt hire a legit defensive coach to come in? Last year they were supposed to be a top 5 defense with the free agents they brought in.

Nothing they can do with Vick right now. Reid chose him and has to stand by him.

Cali has gangs. Of course there are going to be fights when these dudes are going to the games.

Castillo should have never been hired in the first place. He was an offensive line coach most of his career, youre telling me they couldnt hire a legit defensive coach to come in? Last year they were supposed to be a top 5 defense with the free agents they brought in.

Nothing they can do with Vick right now. Reid chose him and has to stand by him.

I'm in no way saying Castillo was the right move, I think everyone had the Huh? Face when he was made DC.

The problem is Reid's, it starts back to last year when he made Castillo DC, his play calling and game management is :x and Vick is a product of it.

Like I said before the season started I could see the iggles missing the playoffs completely.

Agreed. Castillo, originally was a terrible DC choice, but he has improved his unit from last year to this year. The Eagles defense is not a problem for the club.

However, the Eagles did hire Bowles this past (or previous) offseason....many suspected then that he was waiting in the wings for another DC shot after what he did previously. There's more to this than just firing Castillo.

Last edited:
Cali has gangs. Of course there are going to be fights when these dudes are going to the games.

It's funny you say that because my brother used to travel alot & he tried to visit all the MLB parks. When he went to the Giants game, he said it was like sitting in the kitchen scene in Training Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom