NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great feature on fan violence a little while back on HBO Sports...

San Fran seems to have a really bad problem...

Thanks for posting this. Oakland gets a bad wrap when it comes to fans when the fans across the bay are just as bad. Those stories from the games at the stick :x :smh:

Supposedly he pulled a Benedict Arnold.

that he hung out in the giants locker room after the game?

Nah, it's that he supposedly gave Giants' players inside tips on plays the 49ers were running or something to that effect.

Something about this situation was posted a few pages back in this thread I believe.

Some reporter saw him in the Giants locker room after the game talking to Tuck and some other guys so now some fans jumped to the conclusion that he was helping out the Giants. I highly doubt that happened even though Jacobs is salty he isnt playing but dude shouldnt have been in the Giants locker room after the game. Im sure he has their cell numbers and could have met up with them outside of the stadium but whatever its a non issue to me. IMO he isnt going to make it through the entire season and he will end up throwing us under the bus when he is released.

Great feature on fan violence a little while back on HBO Sports...

San Fran seems to have a really bad problem...

Thanks for posting this. Oakland gets a bad wrap when it comes to fans when the fans across the bay are just as bad. Those stories from the games at the stick :x

I think those "problem" fans jumped off the Raider bandwagon & became 9er fans & took the violence with them...:rolleyes

Last edited:
Candlestick is no joke. I was at the last Raider-Niner preseason game, loads of fighting. This Samoan Niner fan choked out a Raider fan and dropped him to the concrete when the police got there, homie just banged his head on the concrete and slept :smh:

Re: Ray Lewis

RT @sgw94: He was literally running around for three plays and one arm was just not moving while he ran. Sheeeeeeesh

Regarding the firing of Juan Castillo, this is just the beginning in Philly. The defense has improved by leaps and bounds compared to last year, but giving up that lead with less than five minutes left is inexcusable especially after switching Nmandi off of CJ to go with another plan. Andy Reid's seat is going to get so hot that you'll be able to hear his flesh sizzle. His playcalling and management overall has been terrible and is contributing to Vick's follies this season. They are throwing the ball 50 times per game. The ball shouldn't be in Vick's hands that much. Reid's firing at the end of the year will have been long overdue. His agent only made matters worse for him by saying what he said prior to the start of the year. This is a team that should be 5-1 at the bye.

A female friend of my mine was in San Fran not too long ago and she texted me saying how scared she was in a bar cause she was a packer fan. :smh:

If Jacobs wanted to give the Giants info, he could have easily done it over the phone or meet up with one of them outside before the game. Giants made 9er fans delusional with that beating.
laugh.gif

My belief is that the Eagle's problems started w/ Vick at the QB position. Vick was clearly never a pass oriented QB. His running bail out antics look good, but in the end, he lacks a passing game. You would think that his years in Atlanta would've at least made him something. (RG 3 will be on the same route if he does not start working on his passing game). It seems like fans get hysterical when they see their QBs run, but it's definitely a hazard!

Reid will go soon, but it's too bad.

Vick has the ability to make any pass with just a flick of his wrist. But his inability to read defenses along with the poor oline is not a good look. Youd think with all that money Reid spent last offseason, he wouldve got some protection for Vick. Instead, he pulled a Jerry Jones and went for the big names.

I love watching ******** fans with their "Vick-goggles" on watching RGIII. Acting like Mike Vick wasn't styling on this league for years with his legs and play action. Acting like Cam Newton didn't **** all over the league last year.

The NFL is a non-gimmick league. You may sneak up on people with the wildcat one year, or read option the next, but you will lose out eventually. RGIII only has so many play action square-ins to go before the league is adapting and making him look silly.

I love watching ******** fans with their "Vick-goggles" on watching RGIII. Acting like Mike Vick wasn't styling on this league for years with his legs and play action. Acting like Cam Newton didn't **** all over the league last year.
The NFL is a non-gimmick league. You may sneak up on people with the wildcat one year, or read option the next, but you will lose out eventually. RGIII only has so many play action square-ins to go before the league is adapting and making him look silly.

Contain, QB spy defense working good I guess. Vick taking shots to the ribs will not be good. Vick can't pass accurately. He sure has distance though.

RG 3 will probably take a couple of hits soon. lolz

[h2]STOP IT.[/h2][h2] [/h2][h2] [/h2][h2]Michael Vick Stats[/h2]

Regular Season | Postseason
[table][tr][td]Passing Stats[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]SEASON[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]GP[/td][td]CMP[/td][td]ATT[/td][td]CMP%[/td][td]YDS[/td][td]AVG[/td][td]TD[/td][td]LNG[/td][td]INT[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]QBR[/td][td]RAT[/td][/tr][tr][td]2001[/td][td][/td][td]8[/td][td]50[/td][td]113[/td][td]44.2[/td][td]785[/td][td]6.95[/td][td]2[/td][td]52[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]--[/td][td]62.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2002[/td][td][/td][td]15[/td][td]231[/td][td]421[/td][td]54.9[/td][td]2,936[/td][td]6.97[/td][td]16[/td][td]74[/td][td]8[/td][td]4[/td][td]--[/td][td]81.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]2003[/td][td][/td][td]5[/td][td]50[/td][td]100[/td][td]50.0[/td][td]585[/td][td]5.85[/td][td]4[/td][td]49[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]--[/td][td]69.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]2004[/td][td][/td][td]15[/td][td]181[/td][td]321[/td][td]56.4[/td][td]2,313[/td][td]7.21[/td][td]14[/td][td]62[/td][td]12[/td][td]13[/td][td]--[/td][td]78.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2005[/td][td][/td][td]15[/td][td]214[/td][td]387[/td][td]55.3[/td][td]2,412[/td][td]6.23[/td][td]15[/td][td]58[/td][td]13[/td][td]6[/td][td]--[/td][td]73.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td][/td][td]16[/td][td]204[/td][td]388[/td][td]52.6[/td][td]2,474[/td][td]6.38[/td][td]20[/td][td]55[/td][td]13[/td][td]5[/td][td]--[/td][td]75.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td][/td][td]12[/td][td]6[/td][td]13[/td][td]46.2[/td][td]86[/td][td]6.62[/td][td]1[/td][td]43[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]53.1[/td][td]93.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2010[/td][td][/td][td]12[/td][td]233[/td][td]372[/td][td]62.6[/td][td]3,018[/td][td]8.11[/td][td]21[/td][td]91[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][td]68.0[/td][td]100.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011[/td][td][/td][td]13[/td][td]253[/td][td]423[/td][td]59.8[/td][td]3,303[/td][td]7.81[/td][td]18[/td][td]73[/td][td]14[/td][td]3[/td][td]64.4[/td][td]84.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2012[/td][td][/td][td]6[/td][td]136[/td][td]231[/td][td]58.9[/td][td]1,632[/td][td]7.07[/td][td]8[/td][td]70[/td][td]8[/td][td]3[/td][td]54.5[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[h2]Robert Griffin III Stats[/h2]

[table][tr][td]Passing Stats[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]SEASON[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]GP[/td][td]CMP[/td][td]ATT[/td][td]CMP%[/td][td]YDS[/td][td]AVG[/td][td]TD[/td][td]LNG[/td][td]INT[/td][td]FUM[/td][td]QBR[/td][td]RAT[/td][/tr][tr][td]2012[/td][td]
  •  
  • WSH
[/td][td]6[/td][td]113[/td][td]161[/td][td]70.2[/td][td]1,343[/td][td]8.34[/td][td]5[/td][td]88[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]74.4[/td][td]100.5[/td][/tr][/table]
Don't even begin to compare Michael Vick and RGIII.

Vick NEVER had the passing abilities of RGIII. 

Vick running the football>RGIII

Vick throwing the football<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<RGIII

RGIII is 1000x smarter than vick, on and off the football field.

Oh and Cams career Completion % is 59%.  Again, not even close to being on RGIII's level right now.

cool it fraij, logic and statistical data to support facts are strictly prohibited in this thread. you know that.

Ya'll really going to compare RG3's 5½ games to Vick's and Cam's whole seasons? Wowzers...

You think that gimmick style offense will last the rest of the season? LOL. Ya'll kill me on here...

Last edited:
Ya'll really going to compare RG3's 5 games to Vick's and Cam's whole seasons? Wowzers...

You think that gimmick style offense will last the rest of the season? LOL. Ya'll kill me on here...
Are you trying to tell me that they're similar in any way other than the fact they're black and fast?  Cause that's where it ends.

RGIII>>> Vick as a QB.

Id be surprised if Vick ever went on a 5 game stretch with 70+% completion.

RGIII>>> Vick as a QB.

After 5½ games of footage, you have come to this great conclusion? LOL. I'm not saying Vick is a better passer or RG3 is, but wait till the end of the season, then make those clownish statements.

All jokes aside, have you seen the style offense he runs? I'd put whatever that says those stats won't be the same come seasons end.

:lol: I thought everyone already knew the difference between RGIII and Vick was that RGIII is capable of passing in the pocket.

He had his miracle year in 2010 but ever since he just sucks. He's been the same Vick that was on the Falcons but many years older. Just runs around in circles, makes stupid decisions, and gets destroyed every other play.

Last edited:
:lol: I thought everyone already knew the difference between RGIII and Vick was that RGIII is capable of passing in the pocket.
He had his miracle year in 2010 but ever since he just sucks. He's been the same Vick that was on the Falcons but many years older. Just runs around in circles, makes stupid decisions, and gets destroyed every other play.

I'll agree with you that much.

Also, Steven Young and Jerry Rice are both terrible commentators.

Dilfer think he got swag from that 1 BS ring, but he can commentate.

RGIII>>> Vick as a QB.
After 5½ games of footage, you have come to this great conclusion? LOL. I'm not saying Vick is a better passer or RG3 is, but wait till the end of the season, then make those clownish statements.

All jokes aside, have you seen the style offense he runs? I'd put whatever that says those stats won't be the same come seasons end.
Yea the sample size is small but that is all we have to go with right now.

Just because you're incapable of having an opinion after using your eyes...

Hell, Vick's COLLEGE completion % was 56%... Griffen? 67%, 72% in his Sr. season.
laugh.gif
Hes NEVER been and still isn't as accurate or as smart of a passer as RGIII is RIGHT NOW.  You really cant debate that.

Vick was one of the most electrifying players in NFL history in his prime. Yea sure that's fine but you're not winning with how he played football.  Dude was supposed to be the most mature Vick has been in 2010, he was supposed to be a passer now that runs on occasion.  Hes got weapons ALL AROUND him. A top 3 RB.  WR's that can blow the roof off of coverage.  And he cant help but turn the ball over constantly.

Use your eyes, shoes.  I don't have to wait til season's end to know that Griffen is an accurate passer and he actually uses his head on the football field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom