NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradford isn't a franchise QB IMO but I don't think he can't be a solid starter in this league

Matt Schaub before last year-esque

Also if you just look at stats (outside of interceptions) RG3 was on par with his rookie season IN 3 LESS GAMES. The Skins just aren't built to come from back from large deficits.

Interceptions is a pretty important stat man :lol:

He also didn't have any rushing TDs last year right?

Forget Ed Werder man, this is the dude who reported Jared Allen to Seattle was a done deal :smh:

That's also the vaguest tweet of all time.

True :lol: It did surprise me that only the Raiders/Skins were supposedly really going after him.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. If you say anything negative, you're biased and a hater. If you say anything positive, you love the guy.

The guy has a small frame, serious knee issues already and there were plenty of rumors about players on the team not liking him and the treatment he was receiving. I've heard plenty of DC beat writers and ex Redski s players speak on it. My man JJ can feel free to call me biased or pretend like none of this is true.

Remember that pick he threw against Philly and then tried to blame the team for it? Even the analysts on TV were like oh no :smh:

Last edited:
Let's not act like the guy was Eli Manning last year. It was 5 vs 12, I don't think anyone expected him to only throw 5 INTs again

Last edited:
Let's not act like the guy was Eli Manning last year. It was 5 vs 12, I don't think anyone expected him to only throw 5 INTs again

He went from 20-5 with 7 rushing TD's to 16-12 with 0 rushing TD's and you said he was on par though

that's 27-5 vs. 16-12

Last edited:

No, he wasn't Eli. But RG3 never had amazing passing numbers to begin with. What made his rookie year so special was the incredible efficiency in which he played with. So going from 20&5 to 16-12 is a pretty significant drop off.

If Tavon balls out this year and Stacy is the real deal; he may have a pretty legit season
He better, because if he doesn't he's done, and the Rams will have blown two opportunities to get a franchise QB in the top 5.
Doesn't matter. If you say anything negative, you're biased and a hater. If you say anything positive, you love the guy.

The guy has a small frame, serious knee issues already and there were plenty of rumors about players on the team not liking him and the treatment he was receiving. I've heard plenty of DC beat writers and ex Redski s players speak on it. My man JJ can feel free to call me biased or pretend like none of this is true.

Remember that pick he threw against Philly and then tried to blame the team for it? Even the analysts on TV were like oh no
mean.gif
I would think that as a Giants fan you'd be more forgiving of a slow development cycle for QBs.   Like the beat reporters weren't all over Eli, we all remember what Tiki said too.  

If the Skins have roughly 7M in cap, how much are they planning to give DJax (assuming he signs with them) considering they still have to sign players from the draft? Do those contracts not count towards this years cap?

He better, because if he doesn't he's done, and the Rams will have blown two opportunities to get a franchise QB in the top 5.
I would think that as a Giants fan you'd be more forgiving of a slow development cycle for QBs.   Like the beat reporters weren't all over Eli, we all remember what Tiki said too.  

Yeah agreed; I think they give him this year then if they aren't happy they go out and grab someone in the 1st round next year

Mariota, Hundley, Winston, Petty, Mannion, Kelly, Miller all could end up in the 1st round

Eh, my homerism showed :lol:

In RG3 I trust

Repped for being honest :lol:

100027 100027 Eli's been getting crucified by the media and fans his whole career. I just hate how after a season or two people want to label these kids a star. It's all sports now, not just the NFL. DC gave this kid expectations that he probably can't reach again.

I have no feelings on Bradford. He's been with a bad team his whole career. No talent and rotating OCs. I still haven't seen anything really special with him either so I don't know.

Last edited:
If the Saints can make Jarius Byrd the highest paid safety and still have to pay Jimmy with only 3 mill in cap space, anything is possible

Repped for being honest
laugh.gif

@100027 Eli's been getting crucified by the media and fans his whole career. I just hate how after a season or two people want to label these kids a star. It's all sports now, not just the NFL. DC gave this kid expectations that he probably can't reach again.

I have no feelings on Bradford. He's been with a bad team his whole career. No talent and rotating OCs. I still haven't seen anything really special with him either so I don't know.
No question the hype and backlash cycle isn't good for young players.  

What exactly are the expectations RG3 can't reach? You are making it sound like he's 36 years old :lol:

He's got a LONG career ahead of him.

If the Saints can make Jarius Byrd the highest paid safety and still have to pay Jimmy with only 3 mill in cap space, anything is possible

I guess if DeSean is cool with that then the Skins should break the bank for him. If he's serious about winning though it's an issue.

People commenting on another man's finances when you don't personally know him is real lipstick alleyish.

I'd understand if dude filed for bankruptcy but dudes here on some crabs in a bucket type steez.

What's your deal? If it's been rumored by multiple people with connects that he's blown his last contract than that explains wanting a new deal.

Chill

Explain to me how someone can know what another man has in his bank account.

You talking about sources like the media hasn't been leaked possibly fraudulent information by the Eagles justify his release.

Based on your post you literally believe anything the media says.

Explain to me how someone can know what another man has in his bank account.

You talking about sources like the media hasn't been leaked possibly fraudulent information by the Eagles justify his release.

Based on your post you literally believe anything the media says.

Well when people close to the situation see how someone is spending; it's not that hard and considering there were rumors of this well before all this went down, where there is smoke there is fire. He was also in trouble before the new deal using credit from Drew Rosen****.

The Eagles haven't said much of anything about the release but people within the organization talk and have their media buddies they release info to from players to the front office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom