NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea he didnt do that bad. Most of his throws were on 3rd down where he got pressured and had to get the ball out and I think he had 1 or 2 drops from receivers as well.

Simpson dropped a small screen, Burton dropped a first down due to not wanting to get hit.. he had one bad throw that was a bit behind Jenkins.. but Jenkins should of held on (they still would of been short of the goalline).

I hope Harrison Smith gets more PT 2nd half

Freeman, Blount, Martin, David, McCoy and Foster all looked real good in their time on the field. Tiquan Underwood is going to have a nice season playing under Schiano again. Might take Benn's spot. Orlovsky was killin out there. 8-8 for 91 yards. Feels so good to have an actual coach on the sidelines now instead of a buddy for the players. As for the pass rush...I don't think we're exactly going to be near the league leaders this year, but McCoy and Clayborn barely played half a quarter so I wouldn't look at this game as a good sample.

Ponder will be fine get him some more weapons at WR n TE and he will shine

Im I the only wanna impressed with Alex Smith? I thought this dude just had a lucky year n a good defense but he is really nice I cant front

Ponder will be fine get him some more weapons at WR n TE and he will shine
Im I the only wanna impressed with Alex Smith? I thought this dude just had a lucky year n a good defense but he is really nice I cant front

Hold up man. He threw THREE completions in a row, none down field and you are going to say you are already impressed. Dan Orlovsky went 8/8, he must be awesome yeah? What you saw from Alex Smith there is no way to judge how he will play this year. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Who will be a better QB in 2-3 years? Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder?

Would not be at all surprised if it's Ponder. Just needs to remain consistent and he will be. Dalton will never be anything real special. Just a consistent and heady Q who keeps his team in positions to win.

Hold up man. He threw THREE completions in a row, none down field and you are going to say you are already impressed. Dan Orlovsky went 8/8, he must be awesome yeah? What you saw from Alex Smith there is no way to judge how he will play this year. Don't get ahead of yourself.

I dont just look at the stat sheet

I look at pocket presence, command in the huddle, how a QB comes back after a mistake, ball placement, reads

I could go on

Maybe im just obsessed with football but I pay attention to the little details

That throw for a TD where he put it over the DBs shoulder :smokin The DB didnt even know the ball was thrown

Cant wait to see Cam go to work

Too bad we cant see TO in action but I will be watching the Seahawks period

but ponder will probably have a better team around him

:lol:

Guys are starting early this year. Quotes of the week will be special this year.

Last edited:
:lol:
Guys are starting early this year. Quotes of the week will be special this year.

im saying, i dont see how the vikings are going to have a better team around them then the bengals.

the youth movement on offense with a young and upcoming defense....

the begnals are a RB and 1-2 year away from being scary...

Yeah you're right. But the Bengals have much more depth across the board.

They were a playoff team and got deeper at damn near every position.

The O-Line, Line Backers and injuries are my sizable concerns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom