NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would Green Bay give up? A 4th round pick?

I don't think Jackson is worth it at this point but I bet Jeff Fisher is greedy enough to expect a 3rd rounder...I would be surprised if it happens.

BTW, please note the Steelers will not be trading for any of the RBs being discussed...

Carl Nicks on season ending IR and Eric Wright pending a 4 game suspension for using adderall. Both starting cb's out for the same thing

Carl Nicks on season ending IR and Eric Wright pending a 4 game suspension for using adderall. Both starting cb's out for the same thing

Damn Nicks gone for the season. Sorry to hear that. I'm still kinda scratching my head at the Bucs signing Wright for as much money as they did. He's def got talent but he's got no skill whatsoever & dude's a knucklehead. Schiano must be handing out Adderall in the locker room...

Damn Nicks gone for the season. Sorry to hear that. I'm still kinda scratching my head at the Bucs signing Wright for as much money as they did. He's def got talent but he's got no skill whatsoever & dude's a knucklehead. Schiano must be handing out Adderall in the locker room...
I saw your reply in the thread preview and my heart sank as I thought it was Hakeem Nicks.

Finnegan was suppose to be a buc, he said if Vincent Jackson went he would go. Wright was the last resort, smh

Finnegan was suppose to be a buc, he said if Vincent Jackson went he would go. Wright was the last resort, smh

Sorry for the scare Super Producer J...

Yeah, Finnegan decided to go with his old head coach in Fisher. You're a Bucs fan right? If so, what do you think of Schiano? Do you think his tyrant ways will get old soon?

I tried to tell people about Wright being not so good but people wanted to believe he was a big free agent signing. The dude is a bum, glad the Lions were able to see that and let him walk.

And what do you guys think of the Lions pass defense. As bad and banged up they are in the secondary, they are still top 10 in the league and have only allowed 1 100 yd receiver yet this season.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
@AdamSchefter on @ESPNRadio980 feels "absolutely" the #******** still have a chance to get cap room back on appeal from the #NFL

This is AMAZING news.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980
@AdamSchefter on @ESPNRadio980 feels "absolutely" the #******** still have a chance to get cap room back on appeal from the #NFL

This is AMAZING news.

why were they fined again in the first place? wasn't it something along the lines of: in the uncapped year they and the cowboys both spent "too much" money?

I tried to tell people about Wright being not so good but people wanted to believe he was a big free agent signing. The dude is a bum, glad the Lions were able to see that and let him walk.

And what do you guys think of the Lions pass defense. As bad and banged up they are in the secondary, they are still top 10 in the league and have only allowed 1 100 yd receiver yet this season.

I don't how you can sign one of the starting DBs on one of the worst secondarys in the NFL and think you improved.

why were they fined again in the first place? wasn't it something along the lines of: in the uncapped year they and the cowboys both spent "too much" money?

"overspending" which was a load of crap. Collusion galore in this mess as well.

I don't how you can sign one of the starting DBs on one of the worst secondarys in the NFL and think you improved.

I just want to know who in the Bucs org looked at film & said, "oh yeah, he's a top notch corner. We gotta hurry up & give this dude $37.5 million over 5 years, $15.5 million guaranteed..."

Jyeah....

lol at harbough petitioning the league to get smith the record. Says a literal should be counted for the minimum 20 passes needed

Whoever it was is a pretty good salesman, because as far as I am concerned when he was with the Lions, I don't think there was more than 10 plays all year when he played to the level of deserving that contract.

Random thought...Reid's smart guy right? If the line & Vick are struggling like it they are, why not run the brakes off Shady? Same thing in Carolina, run the brakes off those 2 backs man...

Last edited:

Last edited:
Because Andy Reid isn't that smart

he always been an air it out kind of coach. I think he's overrated as **** sometimes. Makes some baffling decisions.

The 1PM games are trash except for Carolina/Washington

Random thought...Reid's smart guy right? If the line & Vick are struggling like it they are, why not run the brakes off Shady? Same thing in Carolina, run the brakes off those 2 backs man...
Exactly what Ive been thinking and hoping that Reid's big *** would understand. I have Shady in fantasy football and its dissapointing because the eagles havent been giving him many touches. But also take into consideration that there Defense has fallen off so they are always playing from behind, then they force vick to throw 40+ times a game. Hopefully vick and shady can get on a roll against a weak Saints team Sunday.

anyone watch the football life of chris spielman? i had to stop watching
frown.gif
 thats a great man right there

Talib traded to Pats. Decent pick up for them IMO. They needed a tough CB, but will his off the field issues be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom