NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp looks like Jordy Nelson is going to be out for a few games with what I'm assuming is a hamstring injury. The game we got Jennings back too :smh:

Your point was this
So, how does it help a team? be specific. I asked multiple times in the WIR but all i got were laugh smilies and called simple minded. Otherwise how is
not an empty "stat" like I said?
"It helps a team"
"How?"
"Just does"

Mental strength helps in a variety of ways in life. Dealing with the unknown, dealing with emergencies, dealing with last minute changes, thinking quickly, etc. Those attributes would be helpful in football. As I said, I just don't see how any of 'us' can measure, not in a position to.

Props for the serious response (you too paul). But, what is really unknown about football? Alot of these players have been playing since they were kids, alot of these coaches have 30+ years of experience. They practice all week for opponents and scenarios.

The Cowboys in Parcell's first year were the least penalized team in the NFL. Every year since then we've been bottom five. That isn't mental toughness, the penalty problem isn't new. Our players just aren't good when it comes to that. Ware and Witten get penalized all the time and they're our team leaders!

There are a ton of things that matter much more, smarts (players and coaches), preparedness, health, talent (players and coaches), depth, etc.

Props for the serious response (you too paul). But, what is really unknown about football? Alot of these players have been playing since they were kids, alot of these coaches have 30+ years of experience. They practice all week for opponents and scenarios.
The Cowboys in Parcell's first year were the least penalized team in the NFL. Every year since then we've been bottom five. That isn't mental toughness, the penalty problem isn't new. Our players just aren't good when it comes to that. Ware and Witten get penalized all the time and they're our team leaders!
There are a ton of things that matter much more, smarts (players and coaches), preparedness, health, talent (players and coaches), depth, etc.

And what you said at the end of your post is where some of us are disagreeing. Matter of semantics really, I think some associate those adjectives with 'mentally tough' and others don't. And a lot of those you listed come with experience and that is what the original point was discussing. But also like you said, many haven't necessarily 'seen it all' but they have seen quite a lot

Oh well, outside until the later games, enjoy fellas

Is anybody here actually a fan of Cortland Finnagen?

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys have to see the call the ref just made in the Sea-Chi game. The Chicago player grabs a Seahawks player by the facemask throws him to the ground, trips over him, and then they call a chop block lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom