NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had this minimal interest in watching a Jets game in a long time. Bound to be a snoozefest.

Of course I'll watch, but the outcome, win or loss, will be a whatever reaction for me.

Report: Browns employee committed suicide Saturday at team facility

While the Chiefs deal with their own feelings about the Jovan Belcher tragedy, the Browns also are suffering today, according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer.

Glazer reported on Fox NFL Sunday that a Browns team employee took his own life Saturday, hanging himself at the team facility.

The name of that employee is unknown at this point.
Link

ditka talking about lack of mental toughness on the chargers, sounds familiar....

:lol:

Your point was this

dmx...i think the point was that winning close games helps to build mental toughness. mental toughness does not guarantee you anything, but it can certainly help a team imo as you progress further into the year and games become tougher

So, how does it help a team? be specific. I asked multiple times in the WIR but all i got were laugh smilies and called simple minded. Otherwise how is
not an empty "stat" like I said?

"It helps a team"
"How?"
"Just does"

Your point was this
So, how does it help a team? be specific. I asked multiple times in the WIR but all i got were laugh smilies and called simple minded. Otherwise how is
"It helps a team"
"How?"
"Just does"

It's an intangible that is reflected through an attitude. It's staying patient and focused at any point throughout the game, but especially late. It's something that can be learned. Mainly through experience, but people and athletes can have a tendency to lapse in decision making when things aren't going their way or the hope of a situation or winning seems bleak or lessened than it once was. Mental toughness is keeping an even keel and fighting through the panic or desire to get everything back at once and focusing on the next second, assignment, or series that can build to a W.

Really hard to provide specifics for an intangible, but from personal experience, it's there. At least, I believe it is a thing and that's really all that matters to me, but I can see the other POV's.

Last edited:
Gonna rock with NFL Redzone for these early afternoon games.

None of those are "must watch" to me.

Looking forward to the Mediocrity Bowl later tonight.
pimp.gif

Hey Packers went no huddle, something we do very well.. Tired the D out and got 2 free plays, one of them resulting in a TD. Wonder why we didn't see them go no huddle once against the Giants.

Your point was this
"It helps a team"
"How?"
"Just does"

Mental strength helps in a variety of ways in life. Dealing with the unknown, dealing with emergencies, dealing with last minute changes, thinking quickly, etc. Those attributes would be helpful in football. As I said, I just don't see how any of 'us' can measure, not in a position to.

Gonna rock with NFL Redzone for these early afternoon games.

None of those are "must watch" to me.

Looking forward to the Mediocrity Bowl later tonight. :pimp:

Nice, I have to rock the Christmas lights outside but one done probably going Redzone as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom