NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rivers intentionally playing like garbage these past 2 seasons because he knows it's the only way to get AJ and Norv fired?

Think about it...  MVP candidate 3 seasons ago, to suddenly terrible decision maker.  I'm on board with that theory.

Rivers stuck up for norv last year, one of the main reasons he got another season. Oline has a lot to do with him playing like garbage. His down syndrome *** throwing motion doesnt work if his feet arent set :lol:

Even when I'm hanging out with a group of people watching the game. Everyone is on their phone doing something.

On the subway with friends and half got headphones on

Even when I'm at a Knicks game I find myself playing with my phone during free throws and other stoppages.

Huge props to Costas for making a clear political stand on an issue that's controversial.  Whether or not you agree with him (and I do), I appreciate his honesty.

At least the game is interesting.

Was wondering how long before the cowboys realized the eagles secondary is :x

Did this dude really try to say something about gun control because these two ******g morons had a ****** relationship? Man get all the way the **** outta here.

So glad DeMarco is finally back.

He adds a dimension to the Cowboys' offense that is severely lacking otherwise.

Just can't stay healthy though.

It's ridiculous to get on a soapbox about gun control laws in the wake of this murder suicide. I believe that belcher would have carried out the murder (and suicide) even if he didnt have access to a firearm. They had a rocky relationship that reached its breaking point.

Did this dude really try to say something about gun control because these two ******g morons had a ****** relationship? Man get all the way the **** outta here.

You can easily replace this situation with the guy who just killed the kid who was in the car playing loud music.

It's easier to overreact when a gun is in your hand

It's ridiculous to get on a soapbox about gun control laws in the wake of this murder suicide. I believe that belcher would have carried out the murder (and suicide) even if he didnt have access to a firearm. They had a rocky relationship that reached its breaking point.

How come it's never okay to bring it up?

After columbine? Nope
After the batman mass shootings? Nope
After the congresswoman got shot in the head? Nope

Just seems like no matter what tragedy it just isn't "the appropriate time" and people want to dismiss it.

You can easily replace this situation with the guy who just killed the kid who was in the car playing loud music.
It's easier to overreact when a gun is in your hand

And crazy people will still act crazy. Vernon Davis' brother went on a rampage with a hammer. People kill people every damn day. This dude had a domestic problem and was a basket case. Not because he had a concussion, not because he had access to a gun, but because he was a looney tune. If he wanted to kill his wife and didnt have a gun, he would have choked her with his bare hands. IMO, I'm thankful he had access to a gun, because the coward wouldn't have had the balls to jump off a bridge and we would have had to pay his way in prison for the rest of his life.

And crazy people will still act crazy. Vernon Davis' brother went on a rampage with a hammer. People kill people every damn day. This dude had a domestic problem and was a basket case. Not because he had a concussion, not because he had access to a gun, but because he was a looney tune. If he wanted to kill his wife and didnt have a gun, he would have choked her with his bare hands. IMO, I'm thankful he had access to a gun, because the coward wouldn't have had the balls to jump off a bridge and we would have had to pay his way in prison for the rest of his life.
Yeah I mean this is one of those 'debates' where no one is going to suddenly change their mind over the internet, so it's probably a waste of space or an NFL board.

But statistics show how wrong that viewpoint is.  People can keep denying it though, because of their 'intuition', like global warming and taxes on the rich having no impact on the economy, and everything else you all want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom