NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texans @ Denver looks like it could be good, also Rams @ Bears looks like it could be good too.
I would pick the STL upset (trust Fisher a lot, love what he's done with the defense even without Brockers), but not at Soldier Field. Bush should fill in nicely. See a good game for Jeffery and/or Bennett.

Much improved, man. Fisher has the team as a whole in the right direction. Sam Bradford seems revived in his short career. Fisher made the right play trading down from #2 even though RG3 was so tempting, especially in hindsight. Can't wait for Brockers, their first-rounder and key piece, to return from a high ankle sprain and contribute. Instantly will upgrade their run D.

Sorry, watching Man On Fire & Anthony's wife just found out he was in on the kidnapping & she was smacking the ish out of him...

Fish has the team playing well, but the Bears are at home & on paper have more talent on both sides of the ball however their achilles heal is that o-line. If the Rams pressure the Bears early & often, they should win the game...

Brandford was never the problem, it was his line...They couldn't keep him upright at all last season...

Last edited:
MMG & Texan fans-
Looking to see your D harass Peyton like my Steelers couldn't do consistently & the way ATL did...

MMG & Texan fans-
Looking to see your D harass Peyton like my Steelers couldn't do consistently & the way ATL did...

considering i think Denver still runs zone blocking scheme and thats what our defense practices against i think they should be fine

peyton is gonna be peyton but if Houston runs the ball and keeps its out of his hands we should be fine.

Miller & Dumerville worry me though, esp that right side.

Von is a beast. Once he develops more skill & technique that dudes going to be unstoppable (barring injury). Those glasses he likes to wear make him look like he rides the short bus though...

i think people just saw the texans as an upcoming team last year, but with the way the nfl is now you can be hot one year and nothing the next. that's why people are so hesitant to support the texans, which is fine. all we've done is win one playoff game, but nothing more. just from watching this team though, it feels like not much has changed since last year, and since their biggest pitfall last year was team health, i don't see it as outlandish to have lofty expectations.

yes, they lost to the ravens in the playoffs last year. however if you watched the game, they outplayed the ravens in every aspect of the game, except for the rookie QB turning the ball over, and the score of course. i think what most us texans fans cling to is that had we been healthy last season, we could have made a lot more noise in the playoffs

Texans shut down Ray Rice and held Flacco to 176 yards and still lost the game despite using a 3rd string QB, I like their chances this year if they're healthy.

Anyone worried Peyton can't throw the ball 20 yards anymore? I've seen this before, it happened to my favorite football player of all time too. :frown:

The brain is still there, the arm is not.....

Which is why I was frustrated in that Pitt game. Don't give him the short, precise throws. Make him throw down field. I hope he still can

Anyone worried Peyton can't throw the ball 20 yards anymore? I've seen this before, it happened to my favorite football player of all time too. :frown:
The brain is still there, the arm is not.....

That's what I said in last weeks 'Week in Review" thread. Almost everyone in there was quick to proclaim that Peyton was back. But you can tell he isn't close to what he
once was. I know he never had a gun for an arm, but he could still make those intermediate and deep throws. I think Peyton will improve as the season goes on, he's still trying to get comfortable with his new team.

He just needs to get more reps, on that 3rd INT Peyton zipped that ball, a good play was just made by the Falcons.

First two INT's were ugly floaters :x

Shanahan stripped Haslett of play-calling duties in the 4th quarter of the game vs. STL on Sunday. Only a matter of time before Raheem Morris takes over as the DC. As someone said on twitter, you don't wine/dine a guy like Morris in the offseason JUST for him to be your secondary coach.

Haslett = DONE.

ook away
He just needs to get more reps, on that 3rd INT Peyton zipped that ball, a good play was just made by the Falcons.
First two INT's were ugly floaters
sick.gif
Yeah Peyton definitely needs more time but his mechincs just look way off.. He will get it together hopefully.

Shanahan stripped Haslett of play-calling duties in the 4th quarter of the game vs. STL on Sunday. Only a matter of time before Raheem Morris takes over as the DC. As someone said on twitter, you don't wine/dine a guy like Morris in the offseason JUST for him to be your secondary coach.

Haslett = DONE.

Doesn't help with Kerrigan / Orakapo being out

And no 1st rounder next couple years :smh:

On the flip side rams look on the up and up, a WR / Oline / LB next year couple 1sts in next year draft :pimp:

[h2]Jerry Jones wants to eliminate kneel-down plays[/h2]

By Simon Samano, USA TODAY

Updated 8h 44m ago

USP_NFL__Dallas_Cowboys_at_Washington_Redskins-x-wide-community.jpg

CAPTION

Geoff Burke, USA TODAY Sports

Here's a fresh, new take from Jerry Jones on how to do away with future kneel-down controversies (one we admittedly never saw coming): Do away with the kneel-down altogether.

That's the opinion the Dallas Cowboys owner shared with the Dallas Morning News on Tuesday.

"I don't like it," Jones said. "Lamar Hunt tried several times to introduce a rule to have it voted on that you couldn't kneel down, you had to run a play. Unless you were trying to advance the ball, then you got a penalty and the time didn't run off the clock. It's not a good play. ... I've always thought that that's a wasted play for our fans."

Does he feel the same about the thousands of plays run in the preseason? But I've digressed.

This really is an interesting suggestion, and we're wondering if Jones is actually serious or if he only feels this way because Dallas wasn't involved in the Buccaneers-Giants debacle on Sunday (the Cowboys were about to get their butts whooped in Seattle, by the way).

Selfishly, as a fan of the game, sure, I wouldn't mind seeing a few extra runs rather than some boring kneel-downs. But I also respect the strategic decision by coaches.

In the end, this doesn't seem like a smart move, and it's hard to believe a rule ever would be enacted.

^i think you should only be allowed to take a free knee on the last play, none of this running the clock for 3 downs straight garbage.

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that The Boys play the Bucs next and Romo KILLS the Bucs.
3-0, 61-for-86 (71 percent), 908 yards, 11 TDs, 0 INTs. Obviously that factored into his comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom