NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda glad the pilgrims were offered turkey

824613181.gif

I swear man, I thought Bell was dead.

I find it harder and harder to watch football. The players are so big and fast now, it's just brutal sometimes.

I think part of me cringing is that we know more about the risks of playing the game. But so do the players.

And if you're a player willing to take those risks -- and get paid millions for doing so -- then should I feel bad while watching you receive the punishment?

I honestly don''t know.

I swear man, I thought Bell was dead.

I find it harder and harder to watch football. The players are so big and fast now, it's just brutal sometimes.

I think part of me cringing is that we know more about the risks of playing the game. But so do the players.

And if you're a player willing to take those risks -- and get paid millions for doing so -- then should I feel bad while watching you receive the punishment?

I honestly don''t know.

so u are saying you feel bad for them getting hurt and then you say u dont

so u are saying you feel bad for them getting hurt and then you say u dont
In a way, yes. It could probably be phrased a bit more elegantly, though.

I find it hard to watch these guys get annihilated, but at this point they've signed up for that.

And I'm assuming they know the risks, And I'm also assuming they do it for the love of the game (and for the game checks).

Which is admirable. It's a lucrative profession filled with glory and passion.

But when they can't remember a whole season of their kid's soccer games (SEE FAVRE) or have to crawl across the floor with a broken back or torn up knees in their 40s, then that's just the price they paid.

Not everything is black and white. It's a nuanced debate. And I'm conflicted.

This isn't First Take.

I had a food-induced nightmare that we lost to the Saints.

Thank god it wasn't real.

I need to stop watching so much football.

Last edited:
larrydavid :nerd:

:lol:

Given the lopsided matchup on paper, it'll be closer than you expect. A lightweight lubricant should do the trick

dead on . wouldnt be surprised if this is a one score game

with the amount of **** LarryDavid is talking about his 'boys i hope they dont lose . homie wont be able to show face in this thread :lol: :nerd:

C'mon Prez, You Know We Get Busy On Turkey Day :pimp:

Blame this fool Larry David when the Boys take this L...only fool that had to run his mouth like an idiot constantly about the Raiders game.

Quit cryin b, I could never understand how dudes can see/be aware of the Broncos blowing a 24 point lead at halftime roughly 72 hours prior to the game they're watching but want to worry and start poppin' off at the mouth when they're down two scores to the Raiders at home... in the second quarter. :lol:

Last edited:
Quit cryin b, I could never understand how dudes can see/be aware of the Broncos blowing a 24 point lead at halftime roughly 72 hours prior to the game they're watching but want to worry and start poppin' off at the mouth when they're down two scores to the Raiders at home... in the second quarter. :lol:

your side came out victorious , but it was looking real shaky for yall first half . lucky for Cowboys fans the Raiders took a 40 min shower and missed the 2nd half of the game

this dude Romo was struggling to move the ball first 25 min of the game and went perfect throwing the ball in the 2nd half . talk about a tale of two halves

That's how I feel. He can actually sign players this offseason.

I'm not trying to talk **** at all about your team, but who do you really think is going to want to go play for the Raiders? It seems like every free agent that goes there basically has their career killed there. You're better off continuing to build through the draft and saving that money than trying to land overpriced players who aren't enough to make you a contender at the time being.

Last edited:

your side came out victorious , but it was looking real shaky for yall first half . lucky for Cowboys fans the Raiders took a 40 min shower and missed the 2nd half of the game

this dude Romo was struggling to move the ball first 25 min of the game and went perfect throwing the ball in the 2nd half . talk about a tale of two halves

Did the Raiders completely own Time of Possession? Sure. But outside of that when the first half was over, they were only up the 7 they got spotted on the first play of the game.

I'm not trying to talk **** at all about your team, but who do you really think is going to want to go play for the Raiders? It seems like every free agent that goes there basically has their career killed there. You're better off continuing to build through the draft and saving that money than trying to land overpriced players who aren't enough to make you a contender at the time being.
I think that era has passed with Al Davis.  

They don't need to sign the big free agents, I think Jumpman is just saying they can actually fill out the roster properly now that they've gotten past that cap hit.

Hate bringing this up but Romo had a virus the night before and was puking and *****ing in the am. They gave him IV's during halftime.

I think that era has passed with Al Davis.  

They don't need to sign the big free agents, I think Jumpman is just saying they can actually fill out the roster properly now that they've gotten past that cap hit.

Exactly fill out the roster! I don't expect any big name FA

BTW that Tomlin move was pretty disgraceful and of course it didn't get called.

Steelers will Steeler...  NFL refs will Steeler too.

edit: Glad that cheap-*** team is looking out of the playoff race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom