NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Texans can somehow draft Teddy and Clowney, they're winning double digit games next season. IDC, quote me now, screenshot this, whatever. :lol:

After seeing this mockup on NFL Network earlier, fine by me, let them continue to lowball Bridgewater while boosting up Carr and Bortles :lol:

No way in hell Teddy drops to the second round in my opinion. If he is still there in the 20's, some team will move up and pick him. The value would be too high at that point. It would make too much sense for the Texans.

In regards to which QB you'd want most in the playoffs, what's it being based off of? I saw someone mention Tom Brady hasn't won anything without an elite defense. So team success or individual? Looking at the playoff logs from Superbowl winning QB's of the past 15 years or so Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers have the highest QB ratings. All over 100 with Rodgers being the highest at 103. All the guys with multiple rings like Brady, Ben, Eli, arent even close to that, all below 90. Which I think would suggest more than anything that its essential to have a defense to win a Superbowl.

If we're basing it off individual success, I would think you'd have to go with Rodgers. The Bears game that he ended up winning to go to the Superbowl is easily his worst game. But ive never seen a playoff loss that was on Rodgers. Thats not to say every game hes been outstanding, but hes never lost a game due to poor play like Manning or others have. I remember his record breaking year in 2011, against the Giants the Packers WR's had near double digits in drops if not that, and Grant had multiple fumbles. He's got games against the niners putting up 31 points and still getting blown out. Still very hard to pick anyone over Tom yea, but food for thought i guess.

Last edited:
There isn't even a chance Teddy drops from the first. I think Minny takes him happily if he drops even that far.

As far as Derek Carr- not only is he a Carr, but have you ever seen a white QB with a goatee succeed in the NFL? Not a chance. No one is lining up to follow a dude with a Fred Durst-esque chin beard.

Russell Wilson had 90 passing yards and zero touchdowns at the point where it was 29-0 Seahawks.  You're right.  Dont even know if that can be considered average.

Oh I forgot that we count half games now. Great argument. If we do that then Andrew Luck is worse than Brandon Weeden.

Did you watch the game? Because he moved the ball down the field into the red zone both of the two possessions and the team barely had to settle for field goals.

It's not his fault Peyton kept turning it over with short yardage.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if he had 5000 passing yards and 40 touchdowns up to that point, he completely overthrew his receiver then fumbled two plays later.

Peyton would have gotten crucified if he did that.

It doesn't matter if he had 5000 passing yards and 40 touchdowns up to that point, he completely overthrew his receiver then fumbled two plays later.

Rodgers hasn't had enough time to build up a history of playoff failure like Peyton's though.

History of failures doesn't mean a thing. He said:

Originally Posted by Jay02 View Post

But ive never seen a playoff loss that was on Rodgers.

Sorry, but that loss falls on him. They may not have been in the game without him, but those crucial mistakes cost them the game.

Well what I was trying to say though is thats why defense is essential to winning rings. If you look at individual success of a QB in the playoffs, no quarterback should be blamed for putting up 45 points with a stat line like that and losing. I said Rodgers has never lost due to poor play. As in he didnt show up to the game. Manning has done that many times.

Ill give you the overthrow, but i thought it was widely agreed upon that, that was a missed facemask call?

Last edited:
History of failures doesn't mean a thing. He said:

Originally Posted by Jay02 View Post

But ive never seen a playoff loss that was on Rodgers.

Sorry, but that loss falls on him. They may not have been in the game without him, but those crucial mistakes cost them the game.

You left out the next sentence.

But ive never seen a playoff loss that was on Rodgers. Thats not to say every game hes been outstanding, but hes never lost a game due to poor play like Manning or others have.

What did the Giants learn about Josh Freeman after that Monday night game that made them say "You know what, we need you to be our backup"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom