NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure there was a coach on the Colts
who said before the season "If Peyton goes down we're ****ed, and we don't prepare for ****ed."

I don't think the players gave up, I think management did once Collins went down and they realized they had a chance at the #1.

Yeahhhh that team was better than a 2-14 team. After Collins got hurt, I didnt blame them for tanking to get Luck. Other fans may not have liked it but if their team was in that position, they would have wanted them to tank. Let me tell ya that was a tough season to watch. Just had a flashback of the MNF game against the Saints. Only Colts team that was worse than 2011 was the 91 Colts.

And that fool Orlovsky almost cost us the #1 pick against the Jags. Mofo lol

Mark Sanchez has really let himself go.
mean.gif
The Greatest Living American.
pimp.gif

Can't spell metrosexual without Tom.
pimp.gif

I reiterate, I'd love to see a percentage of posts with Peyton being mentioned/referenced by JJ. Has to be close to 75% :lol:

(Ace Ventura) obsess much?

At this point we don't really have a dominant post season QB. Obviously was Tom but that luster isn't nearly as bright as before. Winning in the post season is freaking hard

I reiterate, I'd love to see a percentage of posts with Peyton being mentioned/referenced by JJ. Has to be close to 75% :lol:

(Ace Ventura) obsess much?

At this point we don't really have a dominant post season QB. Obviously was Tom but that luster isn't nearly as bright as before. Winning in the post season is freaking hard

It's still Tom, dude's percentage in the playoffs is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I mean if I had to choose one guy it is still him but think about 8 years ago and how his record looked then. Ridiculous, we were all convinced he'd get at least 4 if not pass all and get 5

agree with DMX for the most part. tom is the only one habitually getting far into playoffs. lately it's win one or two, then lose though. those first three Super Bowl runs gave his win percentage a huge boost and is still making him look amazing today.

but right now, tom is still the one guy i'd take. no one else has really made a case.

Last edited:
One and done in the NFL playoffs is what makes it awesome

Until one day when Goodell changes it to best of 7 of course

Last edited:
TB will always be great but I've said it before, I give most of the credit to BB. Just my opinion.

And many people forget about those defenses when they were in the SB almost every year.

no knock on tom, but he has had the greatest coach in nfl history on his side his whole career.

BB is not the greatest coach in NFL history.

Joe Montana had Bill Walsh to build the system he won in.

A rising tide lifts all boats. If Peyton had won more than one SB Tony Dungy would probable be considered one of the GOATs.

Jordan played for the greatest NBA coach of all time. Does that make him less great?

TB will always be great but I've said it before, I give most of the credit to BB. Just my opinion.

And many people forget about those defenses when they were in the SB almost every year.

The years Rodgers and Peyton won were the only years they has great defenses. Hell, Peyton's defense carried him that playoffs.

Last edited:
Jordan played for the greatest NBA coach of all time. Does that make him less great?
The years Rodgers and Peyton won were the only years they has great defenses. Hell, Peyton's defense carried him that playoffs.

True!

The Wild Card Game against the Chiefs and the divisional against the Ravens Peyton had 5 picks total. Then he finally turned it around in the Championship game but still.

I was shook with the Chiefs, especially with the way our run defense got torched that year and had that one game against the Jags where they ran wild for 375 total rushing yards and in that game we were going up against LJ who had 1700 that year. Was so ****** shocked how that defense played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom