NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pimp:
I'm not.

BUT had he thrown a pick or fumbled or not drove them down the field.

Who's fault would it be? It would be Thomas correct?

So if we can blame him if they lost, why can't we anoint him the win?

i wouldn't simply blame him....

To answer your question though,
I ask u this, if it's not a big deal, then why are the patriots even doing it??
Because it's something silly that certain OCD players do for their own comfort. For the most part, it goes unsaid and never gets any attention.

Rodgers likes them inflated above specs. Brady (apparently) likes them deflated under specs. Eli Manning has a MONTHS long process where his footballs are doctored. Brad Johnson just spoke up about his process. Matt Leinart basically said he did it and it's not out of the ordinary. Phil Simms was an OG of breaking them in his own way. The stories keep coming.

Some QB's do it, some don't. Some players can't tell the difference between different "doctored" footballs and others say they can. The guy who caught the INT from Brady said he didn't.

If you ask me...Brady lied in his PC. I *think* Belichick was telling the truth. At the end of the day though...does it even matter? Take a step back and look at the current climate of this situation. No matter what happened, they were going into a no-win situation having to address the lynch mob of moral high horses & others with transparent agendas. NOTHING they could've said at the PC was gonna quiet down this ridiculous ****. They just went with the option that put it back in the NFL's court. I have a working #spicyhottakes theory on how it all started after the Ravens game, but I'll save that for another time.

I'm SO glad you brought up Peyton Manning before I did. 
laugh.gif
Because for you...that's what this is REALLY is all about anyway. A unique way to cape for Peyton Manning. You said it before I had to and even brought up #18 out of nowhere while I was gone. You've always just been another one of those hardcore Peyton stans that feels a certain way about things and it oozes out of your opinions. Keep it 100 for the people, man.
laugh.gif

this post almost made me catch the holy ghost 

Lol. Good post dsk.

And I'm not afraid to admit Peyton is my favorite player.it is what it is..

And of course I heard about Rodgers, only thing is he's never been caught for cheating before...

Once more, it's not this specific incident I'm mad at, it's the repetitive nature of cheating in New England..

But I actually think highly of Tom, just not goat high.

I'd talk Bellicheck goat before Brady honestly.

That's just my Opinion tho...

Last edited:
Man, cheating is cheating.

And I'm not the one to care as long as it's not blatantly obvious, every one does something subtle to gain an advantage so I'm not going to act like the game is so pure. But people need to stop using that "everybody does it, so that makes it ok" excuse. If it was ok then other teams (or just the Colts?) wouldn't have reported them in the first place months ago, obviously it's an issue.

Also, let's not act like these guys deserve the benefit of the doubt either...

To answer your question though,
I ask u this, if it's not a big deal, then why are the patriots even doing it??
Because it's something silly that certain OCD players do for their own comfort. For the most part, it goes unsaid and never gets any attention.

Rodgers likes them inflated above specs. Brady (apparently) likes them deflated under specs. Eli Manning has a MONTHS long process where his footballs are doctored. Brad Johnson just spoke up about his process. Matt Leinart basically said he did it and it's not out of the ordinary. Phil Simms was an OG of breaking them in his own way. The stories keep coming.

Some QB's do it, some don't. Some players can't tell the difference between different "doctored" footballs and others say they can. The guy who caught the INT from Brady said he didn't.

If you ask me...Brady lied in his PC. I *think* Belichick was telling the truth. At the end of the day though...does it even matter? Take a step back and look at the current climate of this situation. No matter what happened, they were going into a no-win situation having to address the lynch mob of moral high horses & others with transparent agendas. NOTHING they could've said at the PC was gonna quiet down this ridiculous ****. They just went with the option that put it back in the NFL's court. I have a working #spicyhottakes theory on how it all started after the Ravens game, but I'll save that for another time.

I'm SO glad you brought up Peyton Manning before I did. 
laugh.gif
Because for you...that's what this is REALLY is all about anyway. A unique way to cape for Peyton Manning. You said it before I had to and even brought up #18 out of nowhere while I was gone. You've always just been another one of those hardcore Peyton stans that feels a certain way about things and it oozes out of your opinions. Keep it 100 for the people, man.
laugh.gif

this post almost made me catch the holy ghost 
Dat confirmation bias holy ghost?

Just a week ago Brady was mocking the Ravens for not "knowing the rules". He knows to the extent how he likes his footballs but cant tell

if its how he likes it? Arent all these writers telling us Brady has already scheduled his life for the next 5 years so he can extend his career, but he doesn't worry about the 12 footballs that he (as well as manning) pushed to be chosen by each offense?

I hope this doesn't effect the SB, if anything let the punishment be next year.

Last edited:
At this point the lies will be more damming than the actual incident. Especially to Brady IMO

Last edited:
There's much worse to look up to professionally and personally :lol:

Seahawks somehow becoming Americas Team for this game :lol:. Amazing

Actually what I post isn't always and doesn't have to be an opinion statement, hence the clarification. We going to get off topic again?

Last edited:

After this press conference and the quotes coming from it, Tom is indeed the metro GOAT.
laugh.gif

On some real **** though...I was half-trolling with the "woe is me" post, but there is some truth to that. The level of scrutiny & stupidity during this week over this **** only happens (IMO) to 2 NFL franchises. That's not bragging nor is it a "victim" post. It's the reality of the situation.

In the land of many #spicyhottakes, Peter King said the NFL needs to run background checks on ball boys and have them put through metal detectors.

laugh.gif

This is where we are now with this story.
Yea still don't eem care.  Pats get criticized more than most, get over it. 
laugh.gif
  Most fans of garbage *** teams would surrender a testicle to have had seen their team go to 7 SB's in their lifetimes, regardless of the amount of bull-**** and hate the team garners. 

1 - because it is the 'off week' of the two week gap
2 - It's the Pats
3 - the point isn't that the Pats would've won regardless
4 - Country is bored and looking for something to rant about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom