NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally loathe Goodell but as long as owners pockets keep getting fatter then he isn't going anywhere

1 - because it is the 'off week' of the two week gap
2 - It's the Pats
3 - the point isn't that the Pats would've won regardless
4 - Country is bored and looking for something to rant about
5 - Because it's hard to believe this was the 1st and only time 11 of 12 balls were underinflated.

Once more, it's not this specific incident I'm mad at, it's the repetitive nature of cheating in New England..

And this is the point. This team keeps getting caught doing ****. Dudes keep acting like people just wanna pick on the Pats when they keep giving people reasons to call 'em cheaters. If I was a Pats fan I would be pissed my team keeps doing little slick BS to have people question their integrity instead of keep saying "everybody does it" So what are the Pats dumb cheaters and everybody else is smarter lol? obviously everybody ain't if one team keeps getting caught. And if other teams do the **** they do they deserve the same treatment. The jokes and everything. It's like a dude that keeps getting arrested saying "leave me alone cuz everybody does it". Stop getting arrested fool.

What's funny to me is that because the Pats have been such a great franchise over the years it makes you wonder even more. Pats fans always harping on the fact that they haven't had the most talent but still win. But then we see the little ways they get over and things start to add up. One of the best QB's of all time and some of the smartest football minds in your organization and you want us to believe that these incidents are mishaps? Foh. They're all culpable. And as others have said, it's not this one incident so don't try to narrow the scope. Franchise has been in the wrong multiple times and you can only assume there's more that they weren't caught for. I'm not trying to hear any garbage "but other teams" excuses. 

I'm really curious to know what Goodell would've done if the game were close. Unfortunately it wasn't.

Last edited:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...et-a-quarterback-in-2015?campaign=Twitter_atn

Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015

New offensive coordinator John DeFilippo expressed skepticism Thursday that Johnny Manziel is the answer to the Cleveland Browns' decades-long quarterback problem.

The questions about Manziel's future go much higher than the coaching staff.

Owner Jimmy Haslam, who was reported to have the gridiron-version of a "love affair" with Manziel last May, no longer carries a torch for his 2014 first-round draft pick.

"We've got to get a quarterback and got to get it fixed," Haslam said Thursday night, via the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram. "What I would say to our fans is, we're going to continue to work really hard to find that quarterback who can make us a championship team."

Haslam isn't ruling out Manziel as the 2015 starter, but emphasized that "every option is on the table" including undrafted Week 17 starter Connor Shaw and impending free agent Brian Hoyer.

The Browns owe it to themselves to leave no stone unturned after Manziel's rocky rookie season -- on and off the field.

"Johnny has to show on and off the field he can be a professional," Haslam continued. "He knows that. Everybody in the organization has told him that. It'll be up to Flip and (coach Mike Pettine) to decide whether he can be the kind of quarterback we need him to be. He knows what we expect of him on and off the field, and it's up to him to prove he can do that."

The Browns' brass might be willing to overlook Manziel's extracurricular activities had his limited game film provided any indication that he could emerge as the face of the franchise.

Instead, he fell on his face in four preseason games and two regular-season starts, leaving more doubts than any of the first-year quarterbacks.

View media item 1274334

There's no telling what happens with draft picks on how they'll pan out, but some you can just tell right off the bat it won't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom