NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep you can't even hate the Chargers. Everyone is completely indifferent to their existence. :lol:

Last edited:
Someone show me where all these Jordan cry face photoshops are at?

Specifically the ones with just his head and team hats on
laugh.gif
http://niketalk.com/t/618904/official-mjcry-gif-img-thread​

laugh.gif
You really don't get it man.

Your franchise, the San Diego Chargers, is the Kidz Bop of the National Football League.

There might be a lot of hate between the Raiders - Broncos - Chiefs but there's also a **** ton of respect.

Don't get confused for one second, your team is not in that group and never will be. No one in the division respects your franchise or your fanbase man.
laugh.gif

Any of those three teams could not make the playoffs for a generation and it still probably wouldn't change that.
laugh.gif

How does it feel to never be able to so much as sniff acknowledgement no matter what happens on the field from now to eternity fam.

Most important sporting institution in the San Diego area is the Tijuana Xolos and even they're and expansion team.
laugh.gif
Well damn.

Aye man dude stay taking shots out of nowhere every day. I know it's all jokes but it's like a little gnat buzzing around in your face. :lol:

Last edited:
Aye man dude stay taking shots out of nowhere every day. I know it's all jokes but it's like a little gnat buzzing around in your face. :lol:
I take shots at the raiders everyday?

Good to know.

Great post Ice, you got me bro.
SD is chokers, Raiders are "iconic."
I hope we go 3-13 a few years too so we can rack up enough talent to be a little more "meaningful." Because evidently, being competitive and afloat is less respectable than being completely crappy and embarassing as a team.

By your logic, if you're a middle of the pack team you're a joke. You have to be either extremely bad, or extremely good. That's all thats all that's respected :lol:

All good man. I'm not proud of the empty trophy case, I think it's funny/sad. I just thought competing, even the slightest bit, was more respectable than being a bottom 5 franchise for 12 years. I thought making the playoffs and actually beating Peyton Manning in his prime with Darren Sproles and Billy Volek was actually something more prideful than being at home waiting for the draft. I thought making it to the AFC Championship and losing to the eventual super bowl champ steelers with rivers playing on one leg was a decent achievement for such a meaningless team.

Obviously, I thought wrong.

This year, I'll root for losing so we can gain respect :smile:

Last edited:

laugh.gif
You really don't get it man.

Your franchise, the San Diego Chargers, is the Kidz Bop of the National Football League.

There might be a lot of hate between the Raiders - Broncos - Chiefs but there's also a **** ton of respect.

Don't get confused for one second, your team is not in that group and never will be. No one in the division respects your franchise or your fanbase man.
laugh.gif

Any of those three teams could not make the playoffs for a generation and it still probably wouldn't change that.
laugh.gif

How does it feel to never be able to so much as sniff acknowledgement no matter what happens on the field from now to eternity fam.

Most important sporting institution in the San Diego area is the Tijuana Xolos and even they're and expansion team.
laugh.gif
Well damn.

mwsf7o.jpg

Aye man dude stay taking shots out of nowhere every day. I know it's all jokes but it's like a little gnat buzzing around in your face.
laugh.gif

Good to know.

I hope we go 3-13 a few years too so we can rack up enough talent to be a little more "meaningful." Because evidently, being competitive and afloat is less respectable than being completely crappy and embarassing as a team.

By your logic, if you're a middle of the pack team you're a joke. You have to be either extremely bad, or extremely good. That's all thats all that's respected
laugh.gif

All good man. I'm not proud of the empty trophy case, I think it's funny/sad. I just thought competing, even the slightest bit, was more respectable than being a bottom 5 franchise for 12 years. I thought making the playoffs and actually beating Peyton Manning in his prime with Darren Sproles and Billy Volek was actually something more prideful than being at home waiting for the draft. I thought making it to the AFC Championship and losing to the eventual super bowl champ steelers with rivers playing on one leg was a decent achievement for such a meaningless team.

This year, I'll root for losing so we can gain respect
smile.gif
Like I said man you just don't get it. 

It has NOTHING to do with trophies, winning or losing. 

I'm not trying to clown you but you DID think wrong. Some things just are man.

That's why it's so funny to see you pop out of nowhere every so often taking shots at the Raiders completely unprovoked. 
laugh.gif

Kidz Bop bruh. Kidz Bop. 

Last edited:

Good to know.

By your logic, if you're a middle of the pack team you're a joke. You have to be either extremely bad, or extremely good. That's all thats all that's respected :lol:

This year, I'll root for losing so we can gain respect :smile:

I don't expect this to mean anything to you, given what you've already said up to this point, but I'm 99.9% certain that if you ask the other two teams in our division who they would consider as their primary rival they would list us, and none of us would list yourselves as that.

I think that's the crux of ice city fc ice city fc point. The Chargers are the outsiders of the group. Hell, you have someone outside of our division like @dmxfury hoping that if our LA plan with you guys goes through that it's the Chargers who leave the AFC over the Raiders. And dmx has been following the league for decades. Because even he knows how important the Raiders are to the conference, and both the Raiders and Chargers are charter members of the conference.

Just pointing out how the Chargers are viewed both inside and outside our division.

Last edited:
Bruh you keep saying I don't get it.

What don't I get?

That were looked at as a mediocre team that is forgettable? I get that.

But it does tie Into results.
When you have a 14-2 season with hall of fame talent and you lose in the playoffs, and your coach is fired, it builds a perception of a lack of stability and respectability as a franchise.

After that, and Kaeding "choking" for us multiple times in the playoffs, we built the reputation of a good franchise that just isn't good enough to get it done when it matters the most.

Why do you make so many assumptions about my understanding of this? I crack jokes, I'm a pest, I'm a little fly buzzing around you wanna swat? Okay, I get all that. :lol:

But what does that have to do with my understanding of how people look at the Chargers? You think I don't see Jumpman calling us chokers everytime were brought up? Do I fight it all the time? No, I just crack jokes back or make fun of the raiders. But I know we've choked. :lol:

I know were on average an 8-8 team that isn't feared nor isn't disrespected. Mediocre team, mediocre vibes. A city that won't support a new stadium. Fans that sell their game tickets to go to the beach. A team that doesn't win championships.

I ether my own team more often than you ever would :lol:

Why are you so persistent on making me "understand" what Chiefs fans think about us? You really think what Chiefs fans feel about facing us makes a difference into the jokes and discussions we have in S&T on a daily basis?

Because bronco fans don't respect us, we shouldn't slander other teams? We shouldn't make jokes? We shouldn't talk smack when every other fan does? :lol:

What don't I understand exactly? What the perceptions of a franchise that is a middle of the pack team that no one fears are? Am I supposed to jump ship, or stay supporting as a fan?

Who said we ARENT Kidz Bopz? :lol:
What does that have to do with how embarassing the Raiders have been the last 12 years? Does calling my franchise a team that isn't respected mean that the raiders haven't been a joke to ALL 30 fan bases, the last few years?

I just don't get what "I don't get." I've covered all basis, and unfortunately doing so gives the perception I'm "angry."

But it's a lose-lose.
If I don't respond, it would be just as bad.

So I might as well give you my rationale even though you dont care for it. :lol:

:rofl: well I guess you do get it as you just agreed with all my points about the San Diego Chargers. My mistake for saying you don't get it.

But it's not a lose-lose if you hadn't popped off at the mouth out of nowhere you wouldn't have had anything to respond to. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Last edited:
Just pointing out how the Chargers are viewed both inside and outside our division.

Well actually...

As someone looking in from outside the division, the Chargers are viewed as a borderline/playoff team. They have been for the better part of the last decade.

Certainly they are. I'm speaking to image/respect, which certainly doesn't carry the caché that being a competitive team on a consistent basis does, but does have it's own significant merit.

Last edited:
:rofl: well I guess you do get it as you just agreed with all my points about the San Diego Chargers. My mistake for saying you don't get it.

But it's not a lose-lose if you hadn't popped off at the mouth out of nowhere you wouldn't have had anything to respond to. [emoji]128521[/emoji]

I'm always objectice man.
But I also like to have fun, or be a "pest."

I don't cross the line.
Just like many of us on S&T, we joke around. But at the end of the day we all love and respect the game of football.

I hope you're not implying I crossed the line bro. What I said is what it is but no malice involved on my end fam. But agreed it's all fun, we all love football.

Last edited:
I hope you're not implying I crossed the line bro. What I said is what it is but no malice involved on my end fam. But agreed it's all fun, we all love football.

Nah, I was talking about me :lol:
I meant I know I'm like an annoying fly sometimes popping off.

But I try to never make it personal.
Just jokes about sports.

So I just wanted you to know I'm here to talk sports but also have fun. At the end of the day tho I'm cool with everyone in s&t.

Except PMSBoi. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom